Talbot programme sells for sixteen bangers

Dipple burn

Chuckle brothers? good to see that you can argue your point without resorting to juvenile abuse.

"The vast majority of Talbot's big game programmes, ie Junior Cup ties and Scottish Cup ties at home sell out well in advance of kick off. This in turn creates the shortage that sparks the kind of bidding war that realised £16 for the St Cuthberts programme"

So if that's true shouldn't you be expecting it? We can all get caught out at times granted, so how about printing extra copies and selling them through your website or ebay at £1.50 each, ensuring everyone gets a copy without having to enter a "bidding war"? Talbot make some more money, and Talbot fans who missed out get the programme at not much above cover price.

Win win surely?

And what if they don't sell I take it thats a lose lose

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chuckle brothers? good to see that you can argue your point without resorting to juvenile abuse.

"The vast majority of Talbot's big game programmes, ie Junior Cup ties and Scottish Cup ties at home sell out well in advance of kick off. This in turn creates the shortage that sparks the kind of bidding war that realised £16 for the St Cuthberts programme"

So if that's true shouldn't you be expecting it? We can all get caught out at times granted, so how about printing extra copies and selling them through your website or ebay at £1.50 each, ensuring everyone gets a copy without having to enter a "bidding war"? Talbot make some more money, and Talbot fans who missed out get the programme at not much above cover price.

Win win surely?

Who said it was a Talbot fan that bought it? And even if it was, he would know where the money was going....straight into the Football Club.

Now THAT's a win win, Barry!

Check out Fran & Anna high fiving each other about their "witty" barbs. TFW has raised a helluva lot of money for Talbot. He sells these on eBay and deals with all the postage etc that goes with it. It's guys like him who have helped Talbot to become the club they are. Get a grip, the pair a ye!

Wtf are you blabbering aboot ? I'm sure he does a good job ... He said that for bigger games you always run out. Soooooo for bigger games print some more.

The point I was making about printing extras is that collectors and "programme experts" get their niknaks in a twist as they're not the ones originally produced for the game. We talked about doing some extras for a game that had sold out once and got a tirade of abuse as we'd be conning people by passing off. Aye whitever ... I like collecting but I'm not a completist so it doesn't really bother me so much. So wind yer necks in - was meaning no harm

Who said it was a Talbot fan that bought it? And even if it was, he would know where the money was going....straight into the Football Club.

Now THAT's a win win, Barry!

Dunno, Barry maybe? I would have thought that giving fans the opportunity to buy the programme at a reasonable price would be the real winner for a club like Talbot.

Wtf are you blabbering aboot ? I'm sure he does a good job ... He said that for bigger games you always run out. Soooooo for bigger games print some more.

......and there we have it in a nutshell.

As for a second print run a few days after the game, clubs big and small all over the country do it when the occasion demands, hardly a big deal. Those who complain are the ones who got copies before the game and think they're sitting on a healthy re-sale profit.

Newport County spring to mind this season who did a second print run for their first league game.

The point I was making about printing extras is that collectors and "programme experts" get their niknaks in a twist as they're not the ones originally produced for the game. We talked about doing some extras for a game that had sold out once and got a tirade of abuse as we'd be conning people by passing off. Aye whitever ... I like collecting but I'm not a completist so it doesn't really bother me so much. So wind yer necks in - was meaning no harm

How can they say your conning people when the buyers know they are reprints.

Dunno, Barry maybe? I would have thought that giving fans the opportunity to buy the programme at a reasonable price would be the real winner for a club like Talbot.

You have lost me there! What do you mean for a club like Talbot? Do we print at a loss so everybody can get a programme as long as we get the kudo's for being everybody's benchmark.

If somebody is daft enough to pay 16 notes for a Talbot programme then good luck to him-whatever rocks his boat.

Ladeside dont do progs as their hit and miss and if the games off which happens a fair bit in the juniors then it becomes a pain.However if they thought they could make cash like that on ebay,they might think again.

You have lost me there! What do you mean for a club like Talbot? Do we print at a loss so everybody can get a programme as long as we get the kudo's for being everybody's benchmark.

I think the point is clear, these games always sell out allegedly, so print some more for the game or do a re-print to help fans get their hands on a copy for less than £16.

Do you want your fans to pay £1 or £16 for a copy?

Dunno ... but there are some that would have a go at whatever we did ...

I remember i had a pile of ES Clydebank programmes from 60s, I gave them away later found out they were worth a fair bit ! Didn't have a clue who they were till i did some digging .

As i said earlier i used to be a big collector , but sold most of my collection now . Guys who do the programmes attentions level deserve immense credit .

If somebody is daft enough to pay 16 notes for a Talbot programme then good luck to him-whatever rocks his boat.

Ladeside dont do progs as their hit and miss and if the games off which happens a fair bit in the juniors then it becomes a pain.However if they thought they could make cash like that on ebay,they might think again.

Always found it odd that a club like ladside don't do i programme . I assume you have one or two people who can put one together but just as a club you don't see it worthwhile ?

I think the point is clear, these games always sell out allegedly, so print some more for the game or do a re-print to help fans get their hands on a copy for less than £16.

Do you want your fans to pay £1 or £16 for a copy?

Who said it was a Talbot fan that bought it. Also do you not think that 170 copies was fine when the crowd was estimated at around 400.

Who said it was a Talbot fan that bought it. Also do you not think that 170 copies was fine when the crowd was estimated at around 400.

Barry? you're the ones saying these games always sell out well before kick-off so you must have a fair idea as to what numbers may or may not be enough. Sounds like in this instance it was well short.

Anyway, I'm sure the buyer is happy with his £16 purchase, and the under bidders will be poised at their keyboards waiting to engage in another bidding war should a further copy surface on ebay, which no doubt it will.

Ok I get that you don't see that I'm not having a go ... merely not understanding that - for the bigger games - you just don't print a few more. Presumably you don't gt £16 a pop for many proggies.

This wasn't a big game, it wasn't a big crowd and we printed more than we did for a normal league match. We print more for yourselves and Cumnock

Archived