Talbot programme sells for sixteen bangers

Dipple burn

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's an excellent price for a non league programme .

How many did you print ?

At the height of my programme collecting , the most i parted for a programme was £300 .

Hi dipple, was this an old programme or a recent one?

Brian, what programme did u pay 300quid for?

I had the 84 euro cup final programme Liverpool v As Roma my mate who's uncle was friends with Souness took it to him for signing, I never seen the ruddy programme again bumped lol

Hi dipple, was this an old programme or a recent one?

Brian, what programme did u pay 300quid for?

I had the 84 euro cup final programme Liverpool v As Roma my mate who's uncle was friends with Souness took it to him for signing, I never seen the ruddy programme again bumped lol

It was the 2nd round of this years william hill scottish cup

The vast majority of Talbot's big game programmes, ie Junior Cup ties and Scottish Cup ties at home sell out well in advance of kick off. This in turn creates the shortage that sparks the kind of bidding war that realised £16 for the St Cuthberts programme.

I collect all Talbot's unsold programmes after any game to try and sell on later, but there's never anything left over from the cup games. Where programmes are printed away from home for such games it's usually the same (Tynecastle being the obvious exception) as the Talbot hordes descend on the ground. At the St Cuthberts game I was advised that I could only buy 2 upon entering the ground, although they know I always buy at least 5 from such games for fellow collectors, as there were only about 5 or 6 left. This was 2.15pm, 45 minutes before kick off. Managed to get some from the matchday sponsors to allow me to fulfill those particular needs. Never seen anything like it, so early, at Beechwood.

Money all goes into the Regeneration Committtee's funds, so we're now £16 better off because of it. Roll on Stair Park. Also be interesting to see how the sales go this weekend against Broxburn in the SJC.

Out of interest what's the biggest print run Talbot have had for a game in recent years .

Your euro cup 84 programme signed by souness on a good day would of got you 40 or 50 quid you did get bumped Roy.

Out of interest what's the biggest print run Talbot have had for a game in recent years .

Your euro cup 84 programme signed by souness on a good day would of got you 40 or 50 quid you did get bumped Roy.

Dunno about Talbot but Cumnock usually print 150-200 for games against Talbot.

I have the programmes but no hat, I do have a half n half Madrid Leverkusen scarf

At a slight tangent....I still have my 2002 Leverkusen v Madrid programme with replica programme (priced at 1/- !)for the 1960 Eintracht v Madrid match enclosed,together with the Amstel hat.

Thank God for the sanctimonious few on here who criticise everything.

I look after all the post match left over programmes at Auchinleck, to hopefully sell on a later date. Believe me, there's many a game when we have dozens left over, and consequently lose money on them. If anybody would want any of this season's Talbot homes (bar St Cuthberts) please pm me and I'll be able to sort you out. We're also looking for exchanegs of current seasons programmes as well if your club have surplus issues?

Anybody who wants to, can pre order online, and as Dipple said, some 50 people chose this option for the St Cuthbert's game. That we sold out so early was a real shock, and as I mentioned, something I've never noticed before at Beechwood some 45 minutes before kick off. I'm glad folk think we should be able to pre judge our attendances, and the percentage of folk buying programmes as well. I doubt there's a single Junior club who actually makes money producing their programmes, and the game is usually about minimising loss.

The few games when do sell out, I think everyone concerned with the programme will be thinking that we've actually done a good job. Talbot took the decision earlier in the season, not to produce programmes for midweek games as we had well over 50 programmes left from an Ardagh Cup tie against Kello Rovers. Those kind of numbers aren't sustainable, so please......think before you criticise again as estimating programme sales definitley isn't rocket science.

Thank God for the sanctimonious few on here who criticise everything.

I look after all the post match left over programmes at Auchinleck, to hopefully sell on a later date. Believe me, there's many a game when we have dozens left over, and consequently lose money on them. If anybody would want any of this season's Talbot homes (bar St Cuthberts) please pm me and I'll be able to sort you out. We're also looking for exchanegs of current seasons programmes as well if your club have surplus issues?

Anybody who wants to, can pre order online, and as Dipple said, some 50 people chose this option for the St Cuthbert's game. That we sold out so early was a real shock, and as I mentioned, something I've never noticed before at Beechwood some 45 minutes before kick off. I'm glad folk think we should be able to pre judge our attendances, and the percentage of folk buying programmes as well. I doubt there's a single Junior club who actually makes money producing their programmes, and the game is usually about minimising loss.

The few games when do sell out, I think everyone concerned with the programme will be thinking that we've actually done a good job. Talbot took the decision earlier in the season, not to produce programmes for midweek games as we had well over 50 programmes left from an Ardagh Cup tie against Kello Rovers. Those kind of numbers aren't sustainable, so please......think before you criticise again as estimating programme sales definitley isn't rocket science.

I agree with this. I know some clubs who print number the same every week and happily sell out every week so some supporters always miss out. Every week I look at the fixture/weather etc and try and estimate how many programmes we will sell. Sometimes we sell out early sometimes we have a dozen left. I do offer a reprint service though if we sell out and someone wants a programme from a game that was sold out and also a digital version is also available.

I agree with this. I know some clubs who print number the same every week and happily sell out every week so some supporters always miss out. Every week I look at the fixture/weather etc and try and estimate how many programmes we will sell. Sometimes we sell out early sometimes we have a dozen left. I do offer a reprint service though if we sell out and someone wants a programme from a game that was sold out and also a digital version is also available.

Is that the Willy Hills photo copier busy then Owen :lol:

Archived