The 50 Best Posters in P&B History

Marshmallo

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"you're"

Here to help

A bit late there Confidi.

Your (see what I did there) like a satellite phone in the 80's old chum - always with a 10 second delay.

There's definitely a law to be written that once a greatest hits type thread reaches a certain mass, it's inevitable XBL will roll out his Walter Mitty besting of Burgundy.

Its true though. Ask yourself, WHY did he end up in a running battle with the mods? Why did he dedicate so many aliases to me? Why was I the source of his ire? Look within yourself, and you will know it to be true.

While there were a fair number of anti-mod posts, it's all a bit bizarre. I know the mods are saying there's no change to the warn level that they can see, but have any of their posts in this thread been deleted? Just that it occurs to me that VT last posted just after Mybitchunderprotest's death threat to him (which incidentally has gone unpunished) and I was wondering if he said anything else in response that Div has deemed suspension worthy. Or has Div just gone rogue and decided to hand out bans without informing the mods? :lol:

In answer to an accusation of being an apologist for racists and sweeping racism under a carpet I responded,

"I'd rather sweep you and your fucking drivel under the carpet. After I'd swept you under the wheels of a bus."

Perhaps if I had said "I am going to hunt you down VT and throw you under the wheels of a bus" you may have had a point. But I didn't and I think your interpretation of what was said borders on the plain ridiculous.If it bothers you that much, I've reposted the "offending" sentence above to make it easy for you to go and fucking greet to one of the mods about it you utter fucking drama queen. See if any of them agree that it is a "death threat".

If you find that even vaguely threatening I'm surprised that the niceties of a football match aren't just too much for your obviously very sensitive disposition. I can recall as a laddie when anyone was annoying my maw she would use the phrase "away and play wi the buses". Does this mean she was actually a potential mass murderer?

As the mods have stated that they're unaware of events and I have received no information of a ban whatsoever, I'm sure they'll oblige this classic account while the situation is 'resolved'. I was in the middle of pointing and laughing at a thinly veiled death threat against yours truly when my account was blocked from accessing the site. Not banned. Not my own work.

There is not a single post that could be used to justify action. Not one post, no previous warnings, on a site that deems racial abuse to be a 'ten strikes and you're out' offence. While I'm willing to believe most of the moderators stance, the arrival of Radford after about five years of non-posting on GN immediately afterwards is highly suspicious IMO. Though to be fair, his conclusive outing of xbl as the spineless busted flush we had already assumed was a job well done. In any case its probably best that the legions of posters who have agreed that the actions taken have been completely over-the-top copy and paste this just in case another account is mysteriously blocked. Probably best to stick to PM groups for now as well.

Let's be realistic here: the best solution for all parties concerned is to remove whatever bizarre 'block' has been placed on said accounts and pretend that this didn't happen. In the meantime I'll await developments.

vikingTON

See above. For thinly veiled it would have read "Don't be standing too close to the kerb when the bus goes past"

Seems that VT was banned for the crime of receiving a death threat, so evidently so. Meanwhile, look who's come crawling back on to the forum! :lol:

Have you cleaned the shite from your pants yet?

The three above must be shaking in your fucking shoes every time someone says Boo! to you. No change that to 2 as at least VT was busy pointing and laughing at what he clearly knew was not a threat, whilst being wiped out by omnipotent Div.

And clearly, whim bannings are the way to go, so they don't even need to be justified! It'll be interesting if Div banned the two for spamming, given his response to DeeGas was "just ignore it".

You are right, they don't need to be justified.

This is an internet forum, as someone else pointed out recently, Div can do whatever he likes.

A lot of people seem to think that everything must be fair, and social justice is the backbone of P&B. I don't know where they got this from.

I am struggling to tell on this thread who is taking this seriously and who is just on the wind-up. I would like to think that everyone is on the wind-up, because lets face it none of it actually matters, unfortunately I think a lot of people are actually being serious when they are posting.

So essentially, people are in favour of purges without justification? Interesting that, given the advice from div regarding spamming was "just ignore it". The facts are emerging, and it isn't a pretty picture. Its one where the mods are bypassed for the site owner to carry out things on a whim.

Racism? Just ignore it.

Death threats? Fine.

Something unspecified? Instant ban.

interesting.

I'm in the "if you don't like the way it's run, f**k off" camp btw. It's an internet forum. Not a democracy. While I'd like to know why they were banned, the mods don't need to answer to a single person, and Div doesn't need to answer to the mods.

Because you're an easy target and guaranteed to bite. Simples.

Right. Shame his rants concerned being banned because of me. Ric had to face angry rants because he did the right thing regarding abuse I was receiving. Throws your argument a bit out of kilter that.

I am the great survivor (whims pending) of this site. Many have crossed me, and many have fallen.

So essentially, people are in favour of purges without justification? Interesting that, given the advice from div regarding spamming was "just ignore it". The facts are emerging, and it isn't a pretty picture. Its one where the mods are bypassed for the site owner to carry out things on a whim.

Racism? Just ignore it.

Death threats? Fine.

Something unspecified? Instant ban.

interesting.

Would you care to point out the racism thats been ignored and the death threats that are "fine"?

Archived