The 50 Best Posters in P&B History

Marshmallo

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the way, did anyone else play the Ultimate Warrior entrance music that Marsh most kindly added to my write up? Fucking brilliant tune. Highly invigorating.

FAO Swampy - I know you're reading this, brother. Top two - ken aye. I trust you stripped down to your pants for the grand finale as promised. You best believe I did.

May angels lead you in, cunto.

I'm thinking Lexi Collection. Cannae wait for more exhilarating exchanges between him and his grandad, Wingsofperthshire.

Please. I'm his uncle, Andy.

The Collector is a certified "Excellent poster" as this thread is testament. Yourself? well let's start off with the worst username on the website, a horrendous avatar and nearly 15,000 bland postings. If Marshy extended this thread to "Name your top 10,000 posters" you still wouldn't make the grade as people don't like to associate with such beige drivel.

If you were a packet of crisps - Ready Salted, standard size.

Oh do one

Problem? I don't see an issue with my review of the blog.

A fair assessment. I agree with you.

In my defence I'm just a daft c**t who enjoyed telling a story. I had very little idea what I was doing. The blog was far from polished, but it wasn't really meant to be. Stuff like editing and focus weren't really in my sphere of thought at the time, I was just posting whatever came into my head and having fun with it.

I totally nailed the book though, xbl. I'd recommend that you buy it :P

Oh I intend to! :D

Well done Barry.

Top poster, best on the site for me even through I didn't vote, and can also confirm that, having Derry Rhumba'd with him at Firhill, he's just as sound and funny in real life. The divisional forums aren't the same without the hilarious exchanges between Barry, WendyWho? and Fife Saint.

Fully deserved.

Yours,

A Zero pointer 8)

As Marshy said Barry merits the top spot on his work aside from the Leigh Griffith stuff. As everybody else does I enjoy his work immensely on here, he was second only to Francisco Fabregas on my list (IIRC), who deserved to be much higher and would have been 3 or 4 years ago. His posts related to SUPER DUNDONIAN NIGHTMARE were magnificent. This evening I was reminded of a quality post which was essentially a retelling of Liz McColgan's BBC Sport's Personalty of the Year acceptance speech. I regaled this jist of the post to Enigma Snr, remembering it ended with the line "Perty at mine". This is proof of the lucid imagination and high quality and humorous storytelling we have come to expect for 'Our' Barry.

Marashmallo, cap doffed, a thread that will surely go down in the annuls of P&B history. Who would have know that this thread would have resulted in the banning of VT, Swampy and XBL!? This thread truly has been, and is, BOX OFFICE. Two thumbs up from me!

tumblr_loln4quagE1qh01r8o1_400.gif

tumblr_mq561wltaO1rt479bo4_500.gif

This thread had been a fantastic read from it's inception so many thanks to Marshmallo for the time spent in creating it.

Congratulations to Dundeebarry for winning, I'm pretty certain that this is the thread that drew my attention to his blog in the gold forum. I'm only halfway through but it's teckle.

Well I see Lexi collector just had to try and latch onto the coat tails of dundeebarry. Talk about scrambling for relevance. and ready salted crisps are best of teckle.

I miss having dundeebarry in the spl forum. One of my all time favourite posts by him was in a saints v Dundee match thread where he described leaving Perth train station, I believe it involved mutated sheep and farmers chanting "coag" as the frogmarched him through the city centre.

Sterling job by Marshy for sticking with the thread, never letting the quality go down and providing excellent write ups for each entry. I think we should all chip in and get him a Christmas present. If everyone on P&B puts in a quid, we could get him a second hand Audi TT Coupe.

Thoughts?

Guest The Phoenix

Sterling job by Marshy for sticking with the thread, never letting the quality go down and providing excellent write ups for each entry. I think we should all chip in and get him a Christmas present. If everyone on P&B puts in a quid, we could get him a second hand Audi TT Coupe.

Thoughts?

Sod that for nought we can get him an imaginary Lexus from #perthshire

Sterling job by Marshy for sticking with the thread, never letting the quality go down and providing excellent write ups for each entry.  I think we should all chip in and get him a Christmas present.  If everyone on P&B puts in a quid, we could get him a second hand Audi TT Coupe.

Thoughts?

I'd be up for this.

Archived