The 50 Best Posters in P&B History

Marshmallo

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Genuinely never heard of DundeeBarry until this thread. I had heard of the Leigh Griffiths blog (but never looked at the thread or blog itself). May need to have a wee read after Marshmallos glowing report

Have you lived under a rock for the past couple of years?

Genuinely never heard of DundeeBarry until this thread. I had heard of the Leigh Griffiths blog (but never looked at the thread or blog itself). May need to have a wee read after Marshmallos glowing report

In all honesty, it started off screamingly funny, but by the end it was so bloated and up its own arse that it badly needed an editor to cut it down and keep it focused. Still a good read though, especially the earlier entries. I always kept an eye out for new installments!

Guest The Phoenix

Said the person using a hashtag

#thickcunt

Oh dear, talking to yourself again.

Still look on the bright side, at least you're not talking to one of your aliases.

Barry is not only easily P&B's best poster but a formidable and inventive writer, and seems like a brilliant big guy. I look forward to finding your book in a second-hand shop in a few years' time, going into the shop every day and reading it in instalments without paying for it.

In all honesty if it goes under a fiver I'll get myself a copy.

In all honesty, it started off screamingly funny, but by the end it was so bloated and up its own arse that it badly needed an editor to cut it down and keep it focused. Still a good read though, especially the earlier entries. I always kept an eye out for new installments!

Oh do one

Barry must be a shoe-in for the banhammer on the grounds of popularity with the masses.

I've never even been warned, never mind banned. I feel like I'm missing out because off it. If I manage to get booted of the site my work here is done, WoP.

#dundecebarry

#perthshire

#hashtagpatter

I haven't been in barry's book thread for a while because I've still not finished it yet - but I'll ask here. I missed his Off the Ball appearance, is there any link to listen to it again or is it gone forever?

It's on the iPlayer. I had pals over at the flat earlier and they put it on. It felt very weird hearing myself on the radio. Kinda cool, but definitely weird.

Is Marshmallo getting royalties or something?

What cut is he on for this whole thing coinciding with the book launch? :P

The conclusion to this thread didn't coincide with my radio appearance, mention in The Sun and book sales moving into four figures by accident, Reynard.

2% of weekend sales and a signed, taps aff photo of the author are headed Marshmallo's way.

Just remember your ol' dundee supporting chum will ye?

Fuckin' right I will, pal. YLFR x

Thanks for the excellent write up and top class thread, Marshmallo. Fine work indeed, good sir.

Cheers for the kind words and votes, people. Very kind of you. I owe P&B everything in terms of somehow managing to become a published author, and I'll forever be grateful to the good people who make this site as teckle as it is.

Cheers x

Not surprising but well deserved, I didn't even vote him #1 on the basis of the blog (perhaps shamefully but I recall reading a couple of the installments and not getting all the hype so never bothered with it - not sure if it was the first ones though), he got my vote because of the individual posts he'll make in a thread. Like Marshmallo's excellent write up said, he'll come into a thread like the Horrible Club Photos and write something hilarious. I assume he'd be the poster that I've given the most greenies out to over the years.

And aye, great thread, Marshmallo. It's had everything. As Good Ol' JR would say, a slobberknocker!

A fair assessment. I agree with you.

In my defence I'm just a daft c**t who enjoyed telling a story. I had very little idea what I was doing. The blog was far from polished, but it wasn't really meant to be. Stuff like editing and focus weren't really in my sphere of thought at the time, I was just posting whatever came into my head and having fun with it.

I totally nailed the book though, xbl. I'd recommend that you buy it :P

Archived