The 50 Best Posters in P&B History

Marshmallo

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, sorry. We'll go back to discussing what makes a chair.

I agree with your previous brief post, lumping arithmetic in with mathematics is not a positive IMO.

I agree with your previous brief post, lumping arithmetic in with mathematics is not a positive IMO.

Totally. But I came up with something wittier and didn't want to bombard our amateur Freudian with insults. I'm above that.

8. Lexi Collector

What you said: “Funny guy with dece patter”

“My Nephew. My Blood.”

“The Decefather. May he Rest in Dece.”

Did he get any first places?: Yes, two

The poll: The man known as The Collector secured twelve votes, which led to him finishing ahead of craigkillie after the two finished level on points. His votes were two firsts, two seconds, a third, a fifth, three sixths, an eighth, a ninth and a tenth. Only the top three in the poll secured more top two nominations than Lexi Collector.

The poster: John Lennon took The Beatles to America as a group. They laid down the foundations for the music that we hear today. Throughout the years this forum has seen different groups blaze up in a flame of glory before flickering out. That was until Club DECE rode that lightning bolt onto this forum called Pie and Bovril. One man started the movement, and that man was Lexi Collector.

Club DECE began as a result of The Collector becoming disillusioned with the English language. Within this, however, he was able to find something which could make him look cool as f**k. He began shortening words, and the undoubted standout was “dece” (although I should point out that I also enjoy and use “qual” on a semi regular basis). Dece became more than just a word though. It was a lifestyle and a state of mind. In the context of this forum, it was a style of posting. Others added their influence as the club expanded, but the core aspects were laid out by The Collector. Those included a penchant for MD 20/20 (orange joob is the widely accepted favourite), the aforementioned shortening of words, pulling 8s and 9s, and generally just carrying oneself with a sense of swag. The summer of dece was in my opinion the greatest time this forum has ever seen. Its influence has permeated ‘real life’ as well – dece is a firm part of my vocabulary, and my use of it has led to friends, family and the last couple of girls I’ve been seeing adopting it as well (this is also the case for some other dece phrases such as v. v. v.). The Collector is wholly responsible for this.

Away from Club DECE, Lexi Collector is probably best known for his interactions with his uncle Graham, who currently posts on this forum under the username ‘wingsoverperthshire’. I’ve already spoken about how highly I rate the patter between Eric and Graham in the write-up I did for the artist formerly known as PerthshireBell, but I think it’s worth repeating that they are amongst the best there’s been in my opinion at entertaining repartee (used my thesaurus for that one since I despise the word “banter” and someone would no doubt have posted this video).

A Partridge video would have been pretty fitting tbh – the two are obviously big fans of the character and the name Lexi Collector is inspired by Eric’s passion for the Japanese Mercedes. My personal favourite interaction between the two was in PB’s emotional plea to keithgy and the other moderators to allow him to remain on the forum. The Collector revealed touching intimate details of his uncle’s relationship with this forum, which would have brought a tear to Gordon Banks’ eye. The insight they have afforded us all into their lives is admirable, to say the least.

Lexi Collector has started other memorable threads as well, such as his complaint about a steak bake from Greggs which was lukewarm at best. This drew some abuse from the likes of StandFree03, which led to one of The Collector’s numerous feuds on here. It’s beyond my comprehension that anyone could want to argue with such a cracking guy (I found his slight sense of cheeky cockiness to be massively endearing), but it seemed a few of you did. This led to arguments, which would ultimately see Eric banned earlier this year. I am not 100% sure about why he was banned, but if his final warning was for calling someone a “junkie b*****d” as I’ve heard in rumours, it’s v. v. v. harsh IMO.

The Collector has been a massive loss to the forum. I’ve spoken to him on a variety of subjects and he’s an intelligent guy. He knows his stuff on football as well, but this won’t be what he’s remembered for on here. I had him in my top ten; he’s probably my favourite poster we’ve had on here. I think it’d be swell if he was given the same opportunity that his uncle Graham was given and allowed to return to the site. His position in this list is a testament to his popularity.

PS He also saw me in the street once and said that he “defs would”. This meant a lot to me coming from such a good looking, charismatic guy.

8. Lexi Collector

What you said: “Funny guy with dece patter”

“My Nephew. My Blood.”

“The Decefather. May he Rest in Dece.”

Did he get any first places?: Yes, two

The poll: The man known as The Collector secured twelve votes, which led to him finishing ahead of craigkillie after the two finished level on points. His votes were two firsts, two seconds, a third, a fifth, three sixths, an eighth, a ninth and a tenth. Only the top three in the poll secured more top two nominations than Lexi Collector.

The poster: John Lennon took The Beatles to America as a group. They laid down the foundations for the music that we hear today. Throughout the years this forum has seen different groups blaze up in a flame of glory before flickering out. That was until Club DECE rode that lightning bolt onto this forum called Pie and Bovril. One man started the movement, and that man was Lexi Collector.

Club DECE began as a result of The Collector becoming disillusioned with the English language. Within this, however, he was able to find something which could make him look cool as f**k. He began shortening words, and the undoubted standout was “dece” (although I should point out that I also enjoy and use “qual” on a semi regular basis). Dece became more than just a word though. It was a lifestyle and a state of mind. In the context of this forum, it was a style of posting. Others added their influence as the club expanded, but the core aspects were laid out by The Collector. Those included a penchant for MD 20/20 (orange joob is the widely accepted favourite), the aforementioned shortening of words, pulling 8s and 9s, and generally just carrying oneself with a sense of swag. The summer of dece was in my opinion the greatest time this forum has ever seen. Its influence has permeated ‘real life’ as well – dece is a firm part of my vocabulary, and my use of it has led to friends, family and the last couple of girls I’ve been seeing adopting it as well (this is also the case for some other dece phrases such as v. v. v.). The Collector is wholly responsible for this.

Away from Club DECE, Lexi Collector is probably best known for his interactions with his uncle Graham, who currently posts on this forum under the username ‘wingsoverperthshire’. I’ve already spoken about how highly I rate the patter between Eric and Graham in the write-up I did for the artist formerly known as PerthshireBell, but I think it’s worth repeating that they are amongst the best there’s been in my opinion at entertaining repartee (used my thesaurus for that one since I despise the word “banter” and someone would no doubt have posted this video).

A Partridge video would have been pretty fitting tbh – the two are obviously big fans of the character and the name Lexi Collector is inspired by Eric’s passion for the Japanese Mercedes. My personal favourite interaction between the two was in PB’s emotional plea to keithgy and the other moderators to allow him to remain on the forum. The Collector revealed touching intimate details of his uncle’s relationship with this forum, which would have brought a tear to Gordon Banks’ eye. The insight they have afforded us all into their lives is admirable, to say the least.

Lexi Collector has started other memorable threads as well, such as his complaint about a steak bake from Greggs which was lukewarm at best. This drew some abuse from the likes of StandFree03, which led to one of The Collector’s numerous feuds on here. It’s beyond my comprehension that anyone could want to argue with such a cracking guy (I found his slight sense of cheeky cockiness to be massively endearing), but it seemed a few of you did. This led to arguments, which would ultimately see Eric banned earlier this year. I am not 100% sure about why he was banned, but if his final warning was for calling someone a “junkie b*****d” as I’ve heard in rumours, it’s v. v. v. harsh IMO.

The Collector has been a massive loss to the forum. I’ve spoken to him on a variety of subjects and he’s an intelligent guy. He knows his stuff on football as well, but this won’t be what he’s remembered for on here. I had him in my top ten; he’s probably my favourite poster we’ve had on here. I think it’d be swell if he was given the same opportunity that his uncle Graham was given and allowed to return to the site. His position in this list is a testament to his popularity.

PS He also saw me in the street once and said that he “defs would”. This meant a lot to me coming from such a good looking, charismatic guy.

Lot of shite. His patter was repetitive at best. Once he stopped using that "dece" shite he became a non entity.

You've got VikingTON, Swampy, mhak, Jimmy85 and Captain Sensible as definites IMO. None of them have appeared yet and I find it unlikely that they wouldn't have had enough votes to make the list. That leaves 2 other places. Not sure who'll occupy those spots - I might be missing someone but I can't think of any other "big names" who haven't been included.

Archived