The 50 Best Posters in P&B History

Marshmallo

^^^ trying waaaay too hard, son.

Still, I'm glad I still manage to anger you without even trying. :)

Can you please stop mingling with zero pointers who fail to make the top 50 please. I am known by association with you and have my beige office status to maintain.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Jojo Thread

I can't believe that was nearly ten years ago. I'm going through it now, and it's just as funny now as it was then. It's like a 2004 P&B microcosm, all of your favourite characters appear. There's also a complaint that P&B isn't as good as it used to be! Easy to forget that it was that thread that saw the majority of kj38b's "the money was just resting in my account" breakdown, at the hands of Pompey.

Some amount of smileys being chucked about back then, too.

And blatant paedophilia as well ,it seems.

Marshy was at best tipsy when I left him, so tonights write-up will either be extra funny, or he's fallen asleep on the sofa.

:P

Great night tho mate, cheers for you're company! :thumsup2

I'll see what i can throw together for this write-up.

#PerthShire

9. craigkillie

What you said: “Knows a lot about Football”

One of the forums resident stattos and his football knowledge is excellent.”

Highly informative, well researched posts on many aspects of football. Always enjoy reading his posts.”

“Probably the best poster on the Premiership forum, posts interesting in-depth stuff without being long winded about it. Great trolling on the Most Influential thread at the end too.”

“knows his stuff when it comes to football”

Did he get any first places?: Yes, one

The poll: Craig was one of only two posters to make the top twenty with no votes in any of the bottom three spots (Dickson in 20th was the other). He picked up eleven votes, which isn’t to be sniffed at, but it was a case of quality over quantity. In addition to a first, Craig picked up a second, two thirds, two fourths, a fifth, two sixths and two sevenths.

The poster: Craig can consider himself a little unlucky – only one point separated the posters in seventh, eighth and ninth, and Craig was the lowest of the three. Regardless, a top ten spot is an impressive achievement, and it’s one I feel is well deserved.

Craig is one of the best football posters on this site. I’d be very surprised if anyone would dispute that. In my opinion he’s the single best there is, for a few reasons which I’ll now go into. Everyone knows Craig as the authority on stats (he is of course the man behind the hugely successful SPLStats Twitter account), and there’s no question that his knowledge in this area is top notch. However, he’s not limited to simply producing interesting facts or pieces of data. Craig is a good read on every single aspect of football IMO. In terms of football governance and rules/regulation, I’d say only HJ has a more in depth knowledge. Even then, Craig’s level of understanding and the way he puts it across is far more interesting and easier to read, particularly on football outwith Scotland. He has a great understanding of what happens on the pitch, and is a decent judge of a player (at times anyway, his slagging of Maloney for Scotland springs to mind). This is aided by the fact he watches a shitload of football, which allows him to be arguably the best poster in three different sections – the Premiership forum, Misc Other Football, and the Tartan Army section. I’m not as well placed to comment on the Premiership, but Craig has a wealth of knowledge of his own club and he sees enough of everyone else to make his contributions well thought out and worth reading. In Misc Other he’s one of the reasons why that forum is the best on here when it’s at its best. His posts throughout the World Cup qualifying campaign which gave updates from across the globe were better than any journalism I saw anywhere on the subject. In the Tartan Army forum he’s excellent at putting down the sizeable proportion of morons who post in that section, whilst offering his own insight. I suppose the conclusion here is that Craig is passionate about football and he’s brilliant value on that subject.

In General Nonsense Craig’s biggest contribution to the site was his “50 Most Influential Posters” thread, which of course set the bar for this thread. He ran it in a far more efficient manner than either Matty or I have managed, with regular updates and good write-ups which kept the punters happy. I thought it was a bit of a shame that he wasn’t allowed to finish it up before Matty started his thread as it meant his good work was overshadowed a bit. The Big Gus swerve and the payoff which came from it were brilliantly executed though, and the fact Gus wasn’t in on it made it even better. Outwith this Craig is generally good for a few funny one liners which raise a chuckle. He isn’t shy of telling people when he thinks they’re a moron as well, which can be entertaining but sometimes comes across as a bit unnecessary if I’m being honest. Not everyone can be Marshmallo class.

A place in the top ten is well deserved for Craig IMO. If this was a poll for posts in the football sections he’d be easily inside the top three. The football forums are my favourite sections (alongside the Other Sports), and so there was never any doubt that Craig would pick up one of my top votes. I interact with him a fair amount on Twitter as well and he’s a cracking guy. There are not many people I prefer talking about football with, and I include people I know in real life and on any forums or social media. One of the best we’ve had on here.

I'm not at all surprised to see Craigkillie listed on the countdown(coz he was on countdown but get cuffed, like ,lolz). Haz! f**k me I'm pissed.

Do you know the F1 motel doesn't even provide soap or showering gel !

Falkik c***s.

#baileys #trulli

Good poster but by all accounts an absolutely dreadful human being.

A total c**t.

Did well on Countdown too, if memory serves.

If doing well = losing, then yes I did!

Cheers for that glowing right up, Marshmallo!

I'm slightly surprised to be this high in the list to be honest. While I'd consider myself to be a good poster, I don't think I've ever done much which is particularly memorable on here. I might have the odd decent funny line, but I'm not exactly laugh out loud funny the way others are. I can write coherently, but I don't have the same flair for writing that many others do. And I tend to think I read a game of football fairly well, but again there are others who can do that much better than me. Still, I'm obviously doing something right to get so many votes.

I also accept the one negative that Marshmallo pointed out in his write-up - I can be a bit of a dick unneccessarily (something which I do to a greater extent on Twitter too) and it's something I've become aware of recently and am trying (unsuccessfully so far it has to be said) to cut back on a wee bit.

r u still on it?

Prik form brucey taxis took £8 off me from the journey. Bent c**t.

Motel is awful which I like. They have minibar and others which im liking.

Total good night thought, so thanks mate.

Myself and Eric went up to Rialtos as discussed (you not remember?) but only stayed for one. Town was dead. Take care mate :guinness

Archived