The 50 Best Posters in P&B History

Marshmallo

I can't see anyone (apart from yourself) actually quoting any posts you've made in the past though, as soon as Ron is mentioned someone posted "Ronkers".he has a legacy, you don't.

Who else is on the "long list"?

If I was feeling nasty, I could quote a few of your own previous posts referencing other memorable things I've said. But I won't. My name and legacy of a million memories lives on, we both know it, and it quite clearly drives you wild. 8)

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always thought the platinum option thing was a little bit greedy by Div. A little selfish. The website was going from strength to strength as he lost focus and became absolutely obsessed by greed, power, control and material wealth. Thankfully, we've only seen this is small bursts in recent years, accepting really annoying adverts at the detriment of the end-user. I believe fatherhood has toned these urges, and while he might never reach Perthshire, its clear he's settled, and still passionate about making this website the success that it is. For this, we are all eternally grateful, as a forum is only a reflection it's community.

42. Monster

What you said: “How P&B should be. Good laugh and doesn't take himself too seriously, though not as prominent nowadays. Some awesome rants.”

“Subliminal comedian when he posts.”

Did he get any first places?: No

The poll: Three votes for Monster, two of which were second places. He had more ‘podium’ votes than three of the poll’s top twenty.

The poster: Monster would’ve been higher if this vote had been held a couple of years ago, I’m pretty certain of that. In my first couple of years on this site he was one of the most prominent posters in General Nonsense and was well liked by pretty much everyone for his humour and rants, as mentioned by those who voted for him. The two second place votes he received would seem to back that up, and I think a few people who’ve been on here a while will probably be annoyed that they left him out.

These days Monster can mostly be found posting about bevvy as far as I can see. He is by far the top poster in the Bargain Booze thread, where his contributions are greatly appreciated. On more than one occasion throughout my time at University I was alerted to an opportunity to purchase a cheap crate of Tennents lager by one of Monster’s posts in said topic, which undoubtedly led to me getting off with some real horror shows in one of Edinburgh’s best night spots. I salute you for that, Monster.

As I said, most of Monster’s best work was done a few years ago, so I’m unfortunately drawing a bit of a blank with regards any individual highlights from years gone by. I do recall a post of his to StewartyMac regarding an implied sexual encounter with Kilt being hilarious, I managed to dig it out:

“"Oh, look at me, I'm Stewarty, I like Big Country, I get my barbour jackets from Harrods, I'm too good for desperate bisexual hobo sex!"”

His abuse of Kilt was very enjoyable overall actually. Monster wasn’t afraid to call Kilt out for being a creepy weirdo to a number of female P&B posters, and I respect that.

This is another poster I feel I haven’t done justice, so apologies for that. Some of the older guard can maybe do a bit better than me on this one.

I don't have any kids, I think Monster and Mrs Monster do.

I remember thinking that maybe my wife is actually Monster's wife and that she was living a double life splitting her time between us. I wouldn't really mind this as it'd give me more time to finish my novel.

Archived