The 50 Best Posters in P&B History

Marshmallo

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very surprised to see XBL this low but I guess he isn't as active as he used to be. When I started on this forum he was posting under the guise of that Vectron fellow which was hilarious. By Vectron!

By Vectron's shiny sapphires, I think you're the first person on this thread to approve of the age of Vectron!

By Vectron's shiny sapphires, I think you're the first person on this thread to approve of the age of Vectron!

I thought it was OK too, likewise the Grey Ghost and Xbass Threepwood. The posting in character schtick lends a bit of colour to the forums.

I thought it was OK too, likewise the Grey Ghost and Xbass Threepwood. The posting in character schtick lends a bit of colour to the forums.

The Gray Ghost also enjoyed the Gray Ghost's incarnation. The most challenging part of the Gray Ghost's character was remembering to change all the abbreviations. So "IMO" became "ITGGO". The Gray Ghost found that to be tough going.

The Gray Ghost is surprised that people also remember Xbass Threepwood though! :lol:

The Gray Ghost also enjoyed the Gray Ghost's incarnation. The most challenging part of the Gray Ghost's character was remembering to change all the abbreviations. So "IMO" became "ITGGO". The Gray Ghost found that to be tough going.

The Gray Ghost is surprised that people also remember Xbass Threepwood though! :lol:

What, what the f**k is this?

For proper effect you had to read it in an Adam West voice.

Is it something you did for a while like? Was it just you, or did others have "alter egos" as well?

Heard of things called "aliases"? They were very common even back then. I just didn't feel the need to start a new account. It was around the time that platinum started too, so you could pay £10 to change your name once a month, which was an incredibly popular thing back then. At times, it was hard to remember who was who, especially the people who changed their name every single month. So no, it wasn't uncommon. I just did it better than anyone else.

I think we need more of these revealed per day. I'd suggest five, otherwise this will drone on like the X Factor or strictly.

You're just jealous because you don't have a greatest hits thread. 8)

So much potential for this thread. Not even 10 in and we've got 58 pages of utter seethe.

It'd be amazing if mattydfc just bumped his thread with one or two names, even if he'd just made them up. SCENES.

Is it something you did for a while like? Was it just you, or did others have "alter egos" as well?

There used to be (not sure if it still exists) a £10 per year "Platinum" subscription to P&B that offered, amongst other things, a subscriber-only forum, no adverts, and the ability to change your username once per month. Loads of folk changed their usernames but kept posting in exactly the same style. XBL changed his to Vectron, The Gray Ghost, Xbass Threepwood and his entire posting style changed as well. A bit like an alias I guess, but without registering a new account.

If you go onto someone's profile you can see a history of their Display Name, I think (at least you used to be able to).

I always thought the platinum option thing was a little bit greedy by Div. A little selfish. The website was going from strength to strength as he lost focus and became absolutely obsessed by greed, power, control and material wealth. Thankfully, we've only seen this is small bursts in recent years, accepting really annoying adverts at the detriment of the end-user. I believe fatherhood has toned these urges, and while he might never reach Perthshire, its clear he's settled, and still passionate about making this website the success that it is. For this, we are all eternally grateful, as a forum is only a reflection it's community.

There used to be (not sure if it still exists) a £10 per year "Platinum" subscription to P&B that offered, amongst other things, a subscriber-only forum, no adverts, and the ability to change your username once per month. Loads of folk changed their usernames but kept posting in exactly the same style. XBL changed his to Vectron, The Gray Ghost, Xbass Threepwood and his entire posting style changed as well. A bit like an alias I guess, but without registering a new account.

If you go onto someone's profile you can see a history of their Display Name, I think (at least you used to be able to).

One of the Dundee fans, can't remember who, changed his name to Nizzy, copied the avatar, sig etc, quite a hilarious jape. Unfortunately it was seen through as he couldn't emulate Nizzy's acerbic wit.

Archived