dundeebarry's book (No spoilers please!)

LiamDFC

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Friends,

The second release on the mighty Teckle Books, Clubbed To Death by Grant Hill, is now available to order at www.tecklebooks.co.uk

I've had the pleasure of reading an advance copy and can tell you it's a fucking great read, and very funny. This is an official double thumbs up recommendation, people. Buy it or face terrible consequences.

24grotz.jpg

I bought this in Waterstone's the other day. I've only read the first few chapters but it's pretty good so far. Well worth a read.

Hope you continue to enjoy it, Danny. If people do like either my book or

The TartanSpecial One then please help to spread the word.

I'm doing a book signing at Waterstone's Dundee this Saturday so if anyone wants to save me from a Partridge-at-the-train-station type promotional disaster and buys a copy I'll write something nice in it for them. Or offensive, if they'd prefer.

dundeebarry and I are appearing at the Dundee Literary Festival on October 25th. We'll be talking pish about music, football and maybe even books. It'll be shambolic but hopefully entertaining.

What happened to the original Leigh Griffiths blog? Went to show it to my mate last month and it's been torn away like Christian Nade's Rovers top in last weekends game against Hibs...

kslCj8.gif

Was taken down while we considered possible legal problems arising from the book.

All the content can be found here http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?/topic/124002-The-Alternative-Leigh-Griffiths-Blog%2E%2E%

For anyone who agrees that Jocky is the greatest ever character in Scottish literature, a campaign is kicking off to have him recognised as such.

http://scottishbooktrust.com/reading/book-week-scotland/vote-for-your-favourite-character-from-a-scottish-book

Scandalously, the man in cherge was omitted from the original shortlist so we have some ground to make up but this is a time when Scots have been more engaged with democracy than ever before so let's get these book c***s telt.

#votejocky

For anyone who agrees that Jocky is the greatest ever character in Scottish literature, a campaign is kicking off to have him recognised as such.

http://scottishbooktrust.com/reading/book-week-scotland/vote-for-your-favourite-character-from-a-scottish-book

Scandalously, the man in cherge was omitted from the original shortlist so we have some ground to make up but this is a time when Scots have been more engaged with democracy than ever before so let's get these book c***s telt.

#votejocky

If ever there was an opportunity for the P&B massive to repay me for assassinating xbl (RIP) it's right here and now. Submit an entry with "Jocky from The Tartan Special One by Barry Phillips" in the appropriate field or I might kill you with a futba sock filled with snooker balls too.

Thank you.

#votejocky

It doesn't seem to limit the amount of times you can vote either so have just stuck in a few votes for Jocky.

I love the smell of subverted democracy in the morning.

Ballot-stuffing, intimidation, vote-rigging - this is turning into Zimbabwe already. YAAASSSSS!

Just the one vote from me.

Fairmuir BC beat my younger brother's team (Kilpatrick BC) in a Scottish Cup semi-final replay way back in 1978 or79.

I travelled up to Dundee for the replay.

(We're talking under 13s or 14s)

How's Ailsa the murdering bitch getting on? Alf still rattling her?

Who did she murder? I remember she thought about smothering the bairn whilst in the throes of post-natal depression. Home and Away's fundamental weakness was a dearth of w**k fodder in comparison to Neighbours.

Mrs Mangle? Oooooft. Madge? What you wouldn't. Helen Robinson? Until it fell off.

Archived