dundeebarry's book (No spoilers please!)

LiamDFC

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The women who work in Grant's local post office fucking hate him. With good cause; he's a bit of a c**t.

Just kidding, Grant. I love you ya big ride.

Teckle Hall of Famer Chris Brookmyre continues to spread the good word in the Herald's 'Book of 2013' section: http://www.heraldscotland.com/books-poetry/comment-debate/the-books-of-2013-part-two.22752612

I'm sure it's great, but I'm not paying a £1 to get by their paywall.

cough*copyandpaste*cough

Odd how it let me see it when I'm not a subscriber. Must ken I'm a good c**t.

Not that I'm saying you're a bad c**t, Knightswood. Give me a minute and I'll copy and paste it.

Here you go, cunto:

Christopher Brookmyre, novelist

The Tartan Special One by Barry Phillips (Teckle Books, £7.99) was an anarchic fantasy about the ongoing battle for the very soul of Scottish football, and that rare beast these days, a novel unashamedly comic in its intent. I frequently had tears running down my face as I laughed at Phillips's soaringly deranged imagination and joyfully inventive profanity.

Odd how it let me see it when I'm not a subscriber. Must ken I'm a good c**t.

Not that I'm saying you're a bad c**t, Knightswood. Give me a minute and I'll copy and paste it.

Here you go, cunto:

Christopher Brookmyre, novelist

The Tartan Special One by Barry Phillips (Teckle Books, £7.99) was an anarchic fantasy about the ongoing battle for the very soul of Scottish football, and that rare beast these days, a novel unashamedly comic in its intent. I frequently had tears running down my face as I laughed at Phillips's soaringly deranged imagination and joyfully inventive profanity.

The Hearld website lets you look at so many articles, then asks you to pay. I could have cleared my cookies and got back in, but you highflying writer types need to remember where you came from, so I thought I'd make you work for it.

:P

Not that I'm saying you're a bad c**t, Knightswood.

The Hearld website lets you look at so many articles, then asks you to pay. I could have cleared my cookies and got back in, but you highflying writer types need to remember where you came from, so I thought I'd make you work for it.

:P

Previous statement regarding your c**t status retracted, pal.

Finished it 15 minutes ago on the train to work. Fantastic effort. Laughed so much that at one point on the train home yesterday half the carriage was laughing at me.

I'm still waiting on mine.

The postie is getting tombstone piledrivered next time I see him. The p***k that he is!

The postie is getting tombstone piledrivered next time I see him. The p***k that he is!

Not just me then. Not pointing fingers but it looks like Dundee Royal Mail have "re-directed" all the books marked for foreign parts to their own friends and family....

That's Austria for you. Full of all the good for nothing, lazy Germanic types who just weren't good enough to get into Switzerland.

:angry:

Right, get your wrestling Lederhosen on Ross, your tea's oot!

Is tea drinker an insult in Austria as well as in Switzerland? If it is, you're the only tea drinker here! I'll be waiting with my Alpen horn in hand sir, you're getting Schwinger Konnig'd to f*ck.

Just finished the book and have to say it lived up to the hype of the blog (in fact in my view it's surpassed the blog by a country mile). I was once asked to stop reading the book during my lunch break by a few people on the neighbouring table due to the fits of laughter I often found myself in, I of course embraced my inner Jocky and got them Telt!!! To be fair, after the fit of giggles subsided and I re-read the same part again and it was still as funny as it was the first time round.

Also fair do's on the letters, I thought there would have been a bit generic apart from a few tweaks and twists, but from the examples posted on here they bare no resemblance to my one, so much kudos on that.

Archived