dundeebarry's book (No spoilers please!)

LiamDFC

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pages 58 and 59 of today's Metro e-edition (that's UK wide :o ), has Chris Brookmyre recommending The Tartan Special One as a Christmas gift.

It's also in the Scottish print edition and if it's online, it must be UK wide in the print version.

Just imagine someone in Brixton or Walthamstow getting the wisdom of Jocky in his Xmas stocking. Teckle x10.

I am the man in Brixton who read this - teckle! I actually found myself rationing the pages at the end to not run out to quickly. I need professional help.

I even took it to see Boab Dylan at the Royal Albert Hall. That Boab Dylan who didn't write 'Cunto Pie', 'Sad-eyed lady of the Hulltoon' or 'Jocky Wesley Harding'. However, he did write 'John Brown'................

esley Harding

To my shame, I've only just got round to reading the blog. Wow. Tear inducing stuff. Barry has an ability to make you feel genuine emotion for fictional characters, but also you start actually giving a f**k about the real life Leigh Griffiths. The relationships in the blog are tremendous. For some reason the relationship between Jocky and Dodds actually gave me a warm glow inside.

"Jocky kens ye like futba. Jocky likes futba tae"

Finished the book on the way home from the football today. Teckle indeed, I quite fancy a wee holiday in Dundee now.

It's just like watching Brazil at Tannadice at the moment anyway. Visit Copa Cabana er Broughty Ferry beach while you're here Waaaspie. Your username reminds me of an utterly hilarious train journey from Edinburgh to Dundee when a young lad asked his uncle "whit wid win oot o a waaasp an a spehdir?" To this day I still wonder.

I'm going to be rescheduled to appear in the next couple of weeks.

Cosgrove lives to fight another day. I've put his slice of Telt on ice.

Sunday 29th December Baz. United are at Perth, the pair of you can seethe together. Nice result yesterday :P

Without spoilers now that others are getting to the end.

Did anyone else find Barry writing about sex a bit - I dunno - weird?  

Some of us haven't had the opportunity to even start so still no spoilers please.

I'd love to think that someone at Youngers is sitting scratching their heads at the sudden spike in sales of Special. I've never tried it but I'm certainly going to pick up a few tins the first time I spot them.

I thought I would have problems finding it but got it in tesco.

It's just like watching Brazil at Tannadice at the moment anyway. Visit Copa Cabana er Broughty Ferry beach while you're here Waaaspie. Your username reminds me of an utterly hilarious train journey from Edinburgh to Dundee when a young lad asked his uncle "whit wid win oot o a waaasp an a spehdir?" To this day I still wonder.

Wonder no more, cunto http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/17502515

Archived