dundeebarry's book (No spoilers please!)

LiamDFC

Pages 58 and 59 of today's Metro e-edition (that's UK wide :o ), has Chris Brookmyre recommending The Tartan Special One as a Christmas gift.

It's also in the Scottish print edition and if it's online, it must be UK wide in the print version.

Just imagine someone in Brixton or Walthamstow getting the wisdom of Jocky in his Xmas stocking. Teckle x10.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pages 58 and 59 of today's Metro e-edition (that's UK wide :o ), has Chris Brookmyre recommending The Tartan Special One as a Christmas gift.

It's also in the Scottish print edition and if it's online, it must be UK wide in the print version.

Just imagine someone in Brixton or Walthamstow getting the wisdom of Jocky in his Xmas stocking. Teckle x10.

Here's your dinner

Out of curiousity Barry/Teckle books, is it selling as well as you hoped/expected ? I know its early but were there enough pre-orders to make it viable ? I'll understand if this info isn't available. Cheers in advance.

Pretty much where I'd hoped we'd be for this stage mate. Don't think either me or Barry will be retiring on the proceeds but things are going well so far and a second run shouldn't be too far away.

My morning commute was improved considerably when I came across this. Great stuff.

The launch party on Saturday night was a rousing success. There was boozing, schmoozing and some attempted breakdancing. Grant's good lady invented a cocktail called "Teckle" which consisted of red wine, Cava and Tartan Special. It may go some way to explaining why I woke up on Sunday in my girlfriend's dress with a fair bit of makeup on.

Let the good times roll.

I got mine through on Saturday - I'm only at page 67 but it's utterly, utterly fantastic. And despite my letter hiding in the book's spine and me thinking that Jocky's missed me oot, when I discovered it tears of joy were cried. 10/10.

1452503_10151854828189143_1883154071_n.j

Got my book at lunchtime. Looks to be of excellent quality. I was half-expecting something run off on the banda machine in purple ink on paper that looked like it was from Soviet era Russia (memories of school in the 1970s for the auld yins). Fair do's Grant on the publishing front. Will hold fire on the prose until I've read it, but the letter was, em, teckle.

Is Tartan Special still a thing? I still see some pubs with the old school Younger's sign outside, but I've not seen Special on tap for years. :(

Caws and the Trades in Dundee are the only pubs I know that still have it on tap but I'll definitely be partaking whenever I stumble across it.

The Special went down an absolute storm on Saturday and there were howls of protest when we ran out and people were forced to resort to Bud.

I emailed Youngers when we were ordering drink for the launch to ask where it could be bought off-sales and they got back to me right away. I'm sure they'd be able to provide a list of boozers that stock it as well.

My morning commute was improved considerably when I came across this. Great stuff.

The launch party on Saturday night was a rousing success. There was boozing, schmoozing and some attempted breakdancing. Grant's good lady invented a cocktail called "Teckle" which consisted of red wine, Cava and Tartan Special. It may go some way to explaining why I woke up on Sunday in my girlfriend's dress with a fair bit of makeup on.

Let the good times roll.

Yeah sure blame alcohol, the fall guy for all acts of deviancy

Will I be able to aquire a copy of this madness from Waterstones tomorrow?

I was going to leave it until Christmas but I want it before then after reading the last couple of pages.

From the Kirkcaldy branch? Issue we had it hopefully in the process of being resolved at the minute and we'll know more by the end of today.

I just finished it - no spoilers from me (don't know about you but I can 'read' spoilers in the preview pane on the mobile app so they are not 'hidden' for everyone.)

What a fucking read is all I'll say. Expected it to be great. Surpassed all expectations by miles. I also read a lot of it on Sunday with a massive hangover and laughed so much at one part of it I had to take a tactical spew.

Archived