dundeebarry's book (No spoilers please!)

LiamDFC

You have never been in love, until you've seen the dawn rise, behind, the home for the blind.......

Finished the Moz autobiography today, thats a tough act to follow, can this Philips volume surpass it? We'll soon find out.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Them publishing types and their fancy talk. I'm getting mixed messages - better revenue from a direct order but word of mouth/sales through a 'major' like Waterstones also good as it'll drive their orders and also support your local book emporiums as well?

I am buying 2 copys, one for a gift for my Bro - so f**k Breeks and Grouchos then?

Harsh, but fair!

Them publishing types and their fancy talk. I'm getting mixed messages - better revenue from a direct order but word of mouth/sales through a 'major' like Waterstones also good as it'll drive their orders and also support your local book emporiums as well?

I am buying 2 copys, one for a gift for my Bro - so f**k Breeks and Grouchos then?

Harsh, but fair!

Nah, allegiences aside he's a good lad so by all means go to Grouchos and support the local institution.

But also buy from Waterstone's if you can so it drives orders.

And direct from Teckle Books so we can get the mark-up.

Hope that helps Gus.

You have never been in love, until you've seen the dawn rise, behind, the home for the blind.......

Finished the Moz autobiography today, thats a tough act to follow, can this Philips volume surpass it? We'll soon find out.

I'm suspecting you may not be the most impartial reviewer, but what like was the Moz autobiography?

He does a four-page paragraph and people slate him, yet when James Joyce did it he was hailed a postmodern genius. Ulysses probably not so concerned with settling scores with drummers and judges though.

I'm suspecting you may not be the most impartial reviewer, but what like was the Moz autobiography?

He does a four-page paragraph and people slate him, yet when James Joyce did it he was hailed a postmodern genius. Ulysses probably not so concerned with settling scores with drummers and judges though.

It was ok, the first bit about his childhood and schooldays was really good, and laugh out loud funny, with his 'dry wit' coming to the fore, he fucking hates Joyce (probably rightly so) and the court case takes up a fair bit of the middle section, most of the people he likes/knows tend to die, and there's no chapters in it.

Box office...

I suppose that argument's been settled once and for all...

Indeed, Barry has now raised the bar so high that only starring in a Hollywood blockbuster opposite Pitt, Clooney and Jolie could come close.

They're entirely different beasts, Biggie, but I'm going to make a bold predication and say my book's far better. You ken the score, chief.

An exclusive extract from the book to come later in the week, folks, and if you've pre-ordered your copy will be in the post Thursday/Friday.

Are you excited? I'm pretty fucking excited here.

http://www.scottish.parliament.uk/parliamentarybusiness/28862.aspx?r=8619&mode=pdf - Check it oot Gordie. We've been accepted by the establishment already.

I think its safe to assume that Ms Urquhart wasn't aware of the book's contents when she bigged us up but it's always nice to hear praise all the same.

Hoping for similar recognition at Westminster so we can say we're responsible for the first recorded mention of teckle in Hansard.

Archived