dundeebarry's book (No spoilers please!)

LiamDFC

Probably. Signed copies with letter from Jocky will be going for four or five times the retail price in a matter of weeks.

Not that you'll want to sell it, Swarley.

No refunds by the way people. If you think the book's shite then tough tits. Take it up with the publisher, I'll be too busy rubbing my crotch with the money you gave me to give a f**k.

Unless it comes with a "Dummies Guide to understanding the Dundonian dialect" supplement, I doubt I'll be able to sell it in Australia! They barely understand English here.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is true. If I'm allowed to use the word "fanny" on air I'll be taking him to task on the matter.

Got a good text from my publisher today.

"Stuart Cosgrove will be reading this thread, so don't say you're going to punch him in the crotch please."

Fair doos I suppose.

Maybe Stuart Cosgrove is media savvy enough to find the Gold Forum. Remember this one...

Cosgrove took his banjo and burst into a fast-paced yokel tune of some description. The St Johnstone fans went wild and started bouncing about like it was the last day of the harvest.

'Gentleman, we have the two sexiest ladies in the country right here for you! United fans, please welcome.......Lorraine Kelly!'...

Those were about the only clean bits.

Boom! And on that bombshell...

Thinking about it, maybe your appearance on Off The Ball is just a ruse to get you in a building you can't escape from, then the lawyers will pounce, just like in The Simpsons. Either way, I've made a mental note to listen to Off The Ball on the 30th November.

Does anyone know when the books will be in the shops?

Book will be in shops from next weekend onwards. The following branches of Waterstone's will be stocking it: Braehead, Dumfries, Dundee, Dunfermline, East Kilbride, Glasgow Argyl Street and Sauchiehall Street, Inverness, Eastgate, Perth and St Andrews.

If your local branch is not listed get the manager telt, Waterstone's can order from us and have it there for you in a couple of days.

Will also be stocked by Grouchos (Dundee), Word Power (Edinburgh) and Bookpoint (Dunoon).

Can also be ordered through us at tecklebooks.co.uk and we'll post them out as soon as we get them delivered on Thursday, but some people might not want to pay the p+p so that's yer in-store options. Some of these branches are only taking a limited number of copies initially, so might be worth reserving yours.

Book will be in shops from next weekend onwards. The following branches of Waterstone's will be stocking it: Braehead, Dumfries, Dundee, Dunfermline, East Kilbride, Glasgow Argyl Street and Sauchiehall Street, Inverness, Eastgate, Perth and St Andrews.

If your local branch is not listed get the manager telt, Waterstone's can order from us and have it there for you in a couple of days.

Will also be stocked by Grouchos (Dundee), Word Power (Edinburgh) and Bookpoint (Dunoon).

Can also be ordered through us at tecklebooks.co.uk and we'll post them out as soon as we get them delivered on Thursday, but some people might not want to pay the p+p so that's yer in-store options. Some of these branches are only taking a limited number of copies initially, so might be worth reserving yours.

Will the Waterstones in Dundee have the most copies available?

I'm thoroughly disappointed in Barry's apparent professionalism tbh. He's forgotten his roots imo.

The c**t is also appearing in my dreams. (At a press conference bizarrely enough). f**k sake.

I've held off the pre-order cause I'm hoping for a signing.

I'll bring my Mum.

In all seriousness is there a preference to pre-ordering over buying from the shops as far as revenue to the main man and his publishing pal is concerned? I do like to support Grouchos as much as I can - a fine Dundee establishment - even though Breeks is a DAB.

Best getting it from Waterstones or direct from Tecklebooks launch night or website I think?

#FuckAmazon

I couldn't get a link to the article via the Courier web-site, but I'm beginning to ken why it's called the Courier :whistle

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/local/dundee/dundee-heroin-trafficker-jailed-as-police-hunt-down-those-who-deal-in-death-1.154317

It doesn't get any bigger than page 27 of the Courier.

Peaked too soon?

Only the behinning, my friend. Global domination awaits.

I'd concentrate less on the writing books and more on your ability to make footballs levitate. That's where the real money is.

Been out on Buchanan Street doing it for the last hour. Made £4.17 and a used subway ticket.

I've had worse hours.

Bit of a minter, my Mum commented that Barry "looked a total ride".

'Sakes Mum.

Yassss!

I do look fairly handsome in the photo, to be fair.

I've already complained bitterly to the journalist for not using the topless shot.

I'm thoroughly disappointed in Barry's apparent professionalism tbh. He's forgotten his roots imo.

The c**t is also appearing in my dreams. (At a press conference bizarrely enough). f**k sake.

Page 29 of the Courier, Gus's old dear's fantasies and now Gordie's dreams - it's been a helluva good day for me.

I'll bring my Mum.

In all seriousness is there a preference to pre-ordering over buying from the shops as far as revenue to the main man and his publishing pal is concerned? I do like to support Grouchos as much as I can - a fine Dundee establishment - even though Breeks is a DAB.

Will get you one signed no bother pal.

I agree that it's good to support the independant retailers like Grouchos. Get in about Waterstone's too; the more people buying it there or even just asking about it there means they'll take on more copies of the book, which is braw for Grant.

Can also be ordered through us at tecklebooks.co.uk and we'll post them out as soon as we get them delivered on Thursday, but some people might not want to pay the p+p so that's yer in-store options. Some of these branches are only taking a limited number of copies initially, so might be worth reserving yours.

Braw... I live right next to one of those branches.

I'm not going to say which one, because I don't fancy yet another anal penetration from the man himself, but that's handy as f**k. Right after pay day and before a holiday too.

I love you, Dundee Barry, even though you are a coagie, lorne sausage eating c**t.

I'll bring my Mum.

Buying direct from us or Waterstone's is win-win really.

Obviously us punting it directly means a bigger mark-up and gets me a little bit closer to recovering the savings I spunked on this caper.

At the same time, shops will sell more than us over the piece so if there are hordes of Barry Phillips fans camping outside branches of Waterstone's on Saturday morning and weeping as they finally get their hands on a copy then the bigger the second order the place.

Am trying to get as many indies on board as well so would encourage people to buy from the likes of Grouchos and Word Power. Again, if they sell out quickly the more they may order in future.

Essentially, just buy it however you wish and we'll be happy.

I've not spoken to my mum about Barry's picture yet but I'm sure the words "that laddie needs a haircut" will feature when I do, along with "was he at school with you? His paper round must have been harder than yours". He's not a 74-year-old silver-haired darts enthusiast like my dad or Cliff Richard so I don't fancy his chances.

Braw... I live right next to one of those branches.

I'm not going to say which one, because I don't fancy yet another anal penetration from the man himself, but that's handy as f**k. Right after pay day and before a holiday too.

I love you, Dundee Barry, even though you are a coagie, lorne sausage eating c**t.

I love you too, Kyle.

We'll always have our Derry Ehumba at Firhill.

I love you too, Kyle.

We'll always have our Derry Ehumba at Firhill.

Indeed. We have a deep conversation about future careers and you said you wanted to be a writer.

Still time for me to become the next Evil Knievell :(

Indeed. We have a deep conversation about future careers and you said you wanted to be a writer.

Still time for me to become the next Evil Knievell :(

You've got the crash helmet and cape look working well, it's just a matter of upgrading from your BMX to a motor bike.

I believe in you, pal.

Them publishing types and their fancy talk. I'm getting mixed messages - better revenue from a direct order but word of mouth/sales through a 'major' like Waterstones also good as it'll drive their orders and also support your local book emporiums as well?

I am buying 2 copys, one for a gift for my Bro - so f**k Breeks and Grouchos then?

Harsh, but fair!

Archived