dundeebarry's book (No spoilers please!)

LiamDFC

Am I imagining this or did Cosgrove once refer to Barry as a 'superannuated fanny'?

This is true. If I'm allowed to use the word "fanny" on air I'll be taking him to task on the matter.

Got a good text from my publisher today.

"Stuart Cosgrove will be reading this thread, so don't say you're going to punch him in the crotch please."

Fair doos I suppose.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's me ordered a copy too,hope the sales go well Barry.

Cheers Bob. Advance release orders have gone very well, hopefully it continues in the coming weeks.

I've got an interview in the Dundee Courier coming out on Monday, will post a link if it's in the online content. Expect to see stuff in the Herald, Scotsman and Metro in the coming weeks too.

They say that the best way to avoid nervousness in new situations is to imagine the other people naked, i.e. Cosgrove, Cowan and the hundreds of P+B listeners with their keyboards ready. Maybe not.

This is true. If I'm allowed to use the word "fanny" on air I'll be taking him to task on the matter.

Got a good text from my publisher today.

"Stuart Cosgrove will be reading this thread, so don't say you're going to punch him in the crotch please."

Fair doos I suppose.

Oh you will, you flaky c**t, stop taking the piss out of fatsos sneezing and I'll go easy on your excema.

What time, day, and date are you on Off The Ball, Bazza?

30th November at 12. Excatly 24 years after my long suffering mother was entering labour, which I am sure will be some comfort to Barry.

Either was I do enjoy OTB, especially OTB and P&B crossovers. Dundeebarry is certainly more a part of the P&B masses than Div with conversations of his exotic holidays and volumous hot tub so I consider this to be something of birthday present delivered by radio waves.

30th November at 12. Excatly 24 years after my long suffering mother was entering labour, which I am sure will be some comfort to Barry.

Either was I do enjoy OTB, especially OTB and P&B crossovers. Dundeebarry is certainly more a part of the P&B masses than Div with conversations of his exotic holidays and volumous hot tub so I consider this to be something of birthday present delivered by radio waves.

Surely the least Barry can do is wish you a happy birthday over the airwaves?

They say that the best way to avoid nervousness in new situations is to imagine the other people naked, i.e. Cosgrove, Cowan and the hundreds of P+B listeners with their keyboards ready. Maybe not.

My response to nerves is alcohol, but I turning up pished is probably unprofessional and likely to lead to profanity.

Two pint limit in place.

Surely the least Barry can do is wish you a happy birthday over the airwaves?

I wouldn't want to forse him to but Ill be like a stroppy 5yearold who lost pass the parcel to his little sister and suddenly realised it was a fix all along if he doesn't.

Just kidding, do your own thing Barry. I'm getting a new laptop and a slap up meal so ill happy as Larry.

My response to nerves is alcohol, but I turning up pished is probably unprofessional and likely to lead to profanity.

Two pint limit in place.

Good idea, but one going on two, rather than two going on three would be my advice. Should be free in the green room.

The Green room is there to be abused mate, its the BBC's way of saying, "Barry, you've paid your licence fee for xx years, here's a little kick back", worst that can happen is a bit of sex pistols notoriety. You go geeerl !

Best of luck (and teckle)

I have some weight with the Crimewatch lot, I'm sure we could dig something up from your past that will get you attention.

My past is fucking ripe with horror and wonderful moments of shame. The tabloids will have a fucking field day.

Will daft foreigners like myself be able to listen to this pish? Is it live on the interweb or on a podcast?

The Saturday show is available to listen to for 6 days here. From the following Monday there's a Podcast available for a month.

No need to muck about with proxies etc.

There will be loads of them on eBay on 23rd! :ph34r:

Probably. Signed copies with letter from Jocky will be going for four or five times the retail price in a matter of weeks.

Not that you'll want to sell it, Swarley.

No refunds by the way people. If you think the book's shite then tough tits. Take it up with the publisher, I'll be too busy rubbing my crotch with the money you gave me to give a f**k.

Archived