dundeebarry's book (No spoilers please!)

LiamDFC

Great to see you, Gus. Hope the gig went well and you returned home safely.

Gus is now thinking "gig? did I go to a gig? Last thing i remember is looking at his lovely hair, him buying me a drink and whispering "wha's in cherge here? Yas" then it all went fuzzy and I woke up in a bin with the smell of jet pack fuel on me and a connect four piece gently placed between my buttocks"

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahah I did achieve a gig and for a change I actually remember it all because I only had a couple of refreshments! Was great to meet the man again though, he's giving off the confident vibe of a future best selling author.

In all serious it was great to meet up with you again mate, your missus did the legwork to make sure it happened when she knew I'd be down in the G postcode area on Friday.

Gus is now thinking "gig? did I go to a gig? Last thing i remember is looking at his lovely hair, him buying me a drink and whispering "wha's in cherge here? Yas" then it all went fuzzy and I woke up in a bin with the smell of jet pack fuel on me and a connect four piece gently placed between my buttocks"

Worth every penny.

Jocky's thoughts on Scotland v USA can be found here.

Next week will see an exclusive excerpt from The Tartan Special One hit the P&B homepage.

In further exciting but slightly terrifying news, I'm going to be a guest on Off the Ball on November 30th.

Hiya Stuart and Tam! Hiya pals!

See when you inevitably go on the Graham Norton show, can you do me a wee favour? Smack the c**t's puss and shout "That's fae pie n Bovril for being an unfunny c**t".

Probably do your publicity a world of good.

Consider it done, NBB. I'll even throw in an elbow drop off the couch his guests sit on. I reckon I'll get the three count before I'm dragged kicking and screaming out the studio.

Next week will see an exclusive excerpt from The Tartan Special One hit the P&B homepage.

In further exciting but slightly terrifying news, I'm going to be a guest on Off the Ball on November 30th.

Mind your P's & Q's Barry, don't do a Quitongo.

In further exciting but slightly terrifying news, I'm going to be a guest on Off the Ball on November 30th.

Yaaass. Surely a suitable medium for the Lorne/Square debate to re-surface.

All hail Boochir, Lord of the coos lips and bovine pish-flaps :D

If you're taking requests can you walk into the studio drinking a Martini and wearing a Fedora?

That's my regular weekend headwear and tipple, Kid, so aye, nae bather.

Mind your P's & Q's Barry, don't do a Quitongo.

My manners are impeccable, Zen. I'll apologise profusely the first time a "c**t" slips out.

Yaaass. Surely a suitable medium for the Lorne/Square debate to re-surface.

All hail Boochir, Lord of the coos lips and bovine pish-flaps :D

One of the few things fellow Taysider Cosgrove and I will agree on is that it's Lorne, jagfox.

HAIL BOOCHIR!

That's my regular weekend headwear and tipple, Kid, so aye, nae bather.

My manners are impeccable, Zen. I'll apologise profusely the first time a "c**t" slips out.

One of the few things fellow Taysider Cosgrove and I will agree on is that it's Lorne, jagfox.

HAIL BOOCHIR!

Cunto at Partick Meer cat called this Lorne. His accent did have a twang right enough :P

post-1545-13845542246431_thumb.jpg

1384554207350.jpg

Cunto at Partick Meer cat called this Lorne. His accent did have a twang right enough :P

Get them telt, jagfox.

If any c**t wants to argue their non-calling-it-lorne point here I'm prepared to engage in physical combat over the matter.

In other news I plan on presenting Stuart and Tam a signed, semi-naked author portrait of myself live on air on Off the Ball. The photo is dangerously erotic. It's me going taps aff holding a football.

It's a whole new definition of Sexy Futba.

Get them telt, jagfox.

If any c**t wants to argue their non-calling-it-lorne point here I'm prepared to engage in physical combat over the matter.

In other news I plan on presenting Stuart and Tam a signed, semi-naked author portrait of myself live on air on Off the Ball. The photo is dangerously erotic. It's me going taps aff holding a football.

It's a whole new definition of Sexy Futba.

Engage Cosgrove on his KB from Sri Lanka and of course 'the Cosgrove Passage' discourse we exchanged a while back.

I think that between now and then we should try and decide on a word or phrase that Barry has to casually slip into conversation with Stuart and Tam.

It'll be like baz's own wee love letter to Pie and Bovril. When we hear it, we'll all well up and say "Aye". Kind of like Bobby Di Nero in Goodfellas when Joe Pesci is getting his button. Excited like we've all been made.

Except without Barry being shot in the face in Stuart's garage.

On that note, I'll go with "I always wanted to be a gangster"

It'll be like baz's own wee love letter to Pie and Bovril. When we hear it, we'll all well up and say "Aye". Kind of like Bobby Di Nero in Goodfellas when Joe Pesci is getting his button. Excited like we've all been made.

If asked I'll say nothing but good things about this place and the people who post here. P&B made me. I'm fully aware of that. This whole writing a book thing wouldn't be happening without it.

The acknowledgements section of the book includes thanks to "Dave McDonald (Div) and everyone at Pie & Bovril". It's a genuine and heartfelt tip of the cap to this site and the good people who make it what it is.

When I punch Stuart Cosgrove in the crotch live on Off the Ball I want you all to know I did it for P&B.

Archived