dundeebarry's book (No spoilers please!)

LiamDFC

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have ordered via Amazon as I'd prefer him not to know my address.

If the sales continue at this rate it'll be in second, maybe third print by Christmas and Barry will be swanning round Cannes looking at villas.

All the best chief.

It's nothing compared to Div. Although that said, it might well be that they operate in the shadows along the lines of some Scottish footballing equivalent to the Rothschild family. Dundee get Texan backers and soon after DundeeBarry releases a money-spinning feature. I see where this is going!

It's nothing compared to Div. Although that said, it might well be that they operate in the shadows along the lines of some Scottish footballing equivalent to the Rothschild family. Dundee get Texan backers and soon after DundeeBarry releases a money-spinning feature. I see where this is going!

Hiya pal!

*Note to self - rw89's onto me.

Hiya P&B lads! Hiya pals!

Firstly, I want to say thanks to all those who've ordered a copy of Barry's book. We're due to have the first run delivered on November 21st and aim to have your copies in the post that same day.

Secondly, Barry asked me to register so I could answer a couple of queries relating to the book. I see a couple of guys have said they have ordered through Amazon. Due to the ridiculously poor terms on offer, we won't actually be supplying to them as it would mean selling each copy at a loss. I have been in contact to tell them this and asked them to take down the offending page. Who needs the world's biggest retailer with an unparalleled reach across the globe?

If anyone doesn't want to order through our website then they will be able to do so through Waterstone's for the same price as Amazon are advertising and free P&P, although clearly they won't be providing letters of thanks from Jocky. The book will also be available from a number of independent retailers, including Grouchos in Dundee and Word Power in Edinburgh.

As far as eBooks go, this is something we are looking at but, again, it all depends on whether the terms make it worth our while.

As DB said, he will be producing some original material for P&B over the next week and an interview with the author will also be appearing on the site in the next week or so. Div has been a great supporter of what we're doing and has proved a good guy to spraff about futba with as well.

Obviously its in my interests to say this, but I genuinely believe Barry has done a great job and produced a cracking read. He has poured his heart and soul into The Tartan Special One and I hope all you who buy, steal or borrow a copy enjoy it. I would say that the stress has caused his hair to fall out but anyone who's seen the Alan Rough-a-like lately will testify that definitely isn't the case.

If anyone has any questions about the book, sales or anything else, just give me a shout on grant@tecklebooks.co.uk.

Cheers,

Grant.

Hiya P&B lads! Hiya pals!

Firstly, I want to say thanks to all those who've ordered a copy of Barry's book. We're due to have the first run delivered on November 21st and aim to have your copies in the post that same day.

Secondly, Barry asked me to register so I could answer a couple of queries relating to the book. I see a couple of guys have said they have ordered through Amazon. Due to the ridiculously poor terms on offer, we won't actually be supplying to them as it would mean selling each copy at a loss. I have been in contact to tell them this and asked them to take down the offending page. Who needs the world's biggest retailer with an unparalleled reach across the globe?

If anyone doesn't want to order through our website then they will be able to do so through Waterstone's for the same price as Amazon are advertising and free P&P, although clearly they won't be providing letters of thanks from Jocky. The book will also be available from a number of independent retailers, including Grouchos in Dundee and Word Power in Edinburgh.

As far as eBooks go, this is something we are looking at but, again, it all depends on whether the terms make it worth our while.

As DB said, he will be producing some original material for P&B over the next week and an interview with the author will also be appearing on the site in the next week or so. Div has been a great supporter of what we're doing and has proved a good guy to spraff about futba with as well.

Obviously its in my interests to say this, but I genuinely believe Barry has done a great job and produced a cracking read. He has poured his heart and soul into The Tartan Special One and I hope all you who buy, steal or borrow a copy enjoy it. I would say that the stress has caused his hair to fall out but anyone who's seen the Alan Rough-a-like lately will testify that definitely isn't the case.

If anyone has any questions about the book, sales or anything else, just give me a shout on grant@tecklebooks.co.uk.

Cheers,

Grant.

^^^ kens the score.

I ordered mine thru amazon 2 days ago and had a confirmation email.what's the score now?should I go ahead and order it from another supplier coz amazon aren't getting copies?

I would contact them and tell them. Understand this is a pain but there is a book listing service for retailers to buy from and as soon as a title appears there Amazon stick it up on their site then place orders on their terms later. All emails to me will be treated with absolute confidentiality if you want to get in touch to discuss further.

Thanks for the heads up( :o ) TeckleBooks, I have cancelled my order with Amazon and will sort out my order in due course, for this I expect Jocky to come round and do my garden at least twice a year.

Zen.

Again, I apologise for the pain this will be but didn't realise they operated that system until the other day.

Not sure about Jocky doing the gardening, but Barry could maybe spray weedkiller between your paving stones or something.

Again, I apologise for the pain this will be but didn't realise they operated that system until the other day.

Not sure about Jocky doing the gardening, but Barry could maybe spray weedkiller between your paving stones or something.

Given that Zen's gone for full coverage crazy paving in his kitchen and living room as well as front and back gardens (full details of how that happened in his thread, "Fear and Loathing in BBQ Garden Centre"), I'll have to pass on that one.

It's nice to think that P&B has created the new, Dundonian Irvine Welsh. Add some HIV, heroin & brutality to the next novel and it'll go from being a cult online sensation to a bonafide classic. That's how these things work, obviously.

In all seriousness I will order this in due course. Just trying to work out where it comes on the priority list of my wants in amongst FIFA 14, a double ended black dildo, a cat who looks like Hitler called Mein Furrer and GTA V.

Archived