St Andrews thread

MrFanA

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well there isn't much to report about Saturdays game. A bit of a let down to say the least. And Lochee never even played that great but St Andrews lost the lead to lose again!

The turning point in the game was Flyer having a tussle with a Lichee player. The Lochee player kept a hold of him and wouldn't let Flyer get up so he leaned in and heads clashed. Resulting in Flyer getting sent off. And quite rightly so. Its a no brainer. When you play football things can get heated but surely the teams priority to win would conquer any instance like this. And to lash out just because he was getting held down is pretty shambolic. Man up comes to mind. Not acting like a mindless thug and bring the team down with you! Literally!

Hopefully some integrity will be shown and this kind of action gets some sort of punishment to deter it from happening again. St Andrews has always been known as a fair team that usually plays a good clean game. Well used to. Im sure Jim would of been mighty pissed off with that second half performance. I feel we should of won that game and we managed to let it slip away.

Disappointing result and disappointed in the behaviour that was shown on the park. St Andrews players need to get a grip and stop flying in with overly aggressive tackles. Makes them look like amateurs. Just go watch highlights from the likes of Auchinleck or any of the other big names in Juniors to see how a team should play. Silky, skilful and with a great amount of professionalism. St Andrews are going backwards at the moment and its this attitude that they must prove a point with aggression. Prove a point by skinning them and dancing over tackles not flying in whenever they see the chance or retaliating like a school player.

I have always lived watching them and hopefully i will continue, but its getting painful and frustrating. Management need to sort this shit out and get them concentrating on the skill of the game.

After speaking to a few fellow supporters i am echoing the sentiments of a fair few.

Get well soon Jim. Your missed and our thoughts are with you mate.

• 4 weeks later...

Thought Saints were unlucky today,,done well to come back from 3/1 down..However they should never have been in that position...

If Mr Sutherland had his shooting boots on it could have been a completely different scoreline..I would also like to know what big craig was doing at the 3rd goal???

As for the ref,think he was the only one in the ground that never seen the handball in the second half for a stonewaller..Rsole..

At the end of the day a good point on the board..

• 3 weeks later...

Scottish Junior Cup
St Andrews United v Bo'ness United
Saturday 18th January 2014

Notice For Supporters

The Football Ground side of Langlands Road will be reserved for the parking of buses and coaches travelling from Bo'ness, there is plenty of street parking around the ground but you are advised to arrive early.

There will be three entrances to Recreation Park on the day of the game. The main gate at the Social Club end, a second gate on Langlands Road just below the toilet block and a third at the dressing room end.

There are roadworks in the centre of Cupar which cause delays, supporters are again advised to allow plenty of time for your journey.

Finally, no alcohol will be allowed with Recreation Park and there will be a Police Scotland presence at the game to ensure this is complied with.

You coming to see us 2 weeks on the trot Star ?

Need to get you a season ticket ;)

What did you think of the game at the Haws ?

I sure am mate, bringing the wife and the two boys with me aswell. Going to make a day of it, wee trail round the shops bite to eat, take in your game, dinner and a couple of whiskies then the NPH to see 12 Years a Slave.

Was a good game Saturday, thought you guys deserved your half time lead and could have been out of sight. Big Sibanda was immense and very unlucky not to get his hattrick. Giving the ball away too cheaply and some poor defending cost you dear second half but up until the final whistle it was hard to predict where the points were going.

How long roughly are the traffic delays in Cupar?

Thinking of making a day of it as will be heading up with my 3 year old. Can anyone recommend somewhere that's not expensive for a bit of lunch for me and my wee lass prior to the game?

why go the cupar way ? use the road through crossgates.takes you right into st andrews and the first shop you see is morrisons,thats dinner sorted.

in saying that the st andrews club do cracking meals at a fair price and kids allowed.

why go the cupar way ? use the road through crossgates.takes you right into st andrews and the first shop you see is morrisons,thats dinner sorted.

in saying that the st andrews club do cracking meals at a fair price and kids allowed.

I think you mean the road through Leven rather than Crossgates. Leave the A92 at kirkcaldy and head for Leven instead of Glenrothes. There is a turn off at Largo which takes you to St Andrews.

The club will be busy as it already has half of Bo'ness booked in I am afraid.

It depends what you want, there is an excellent Sandwich shop on the road in just after Guardbridge on the right called Fast n Fresh they do hot and cold food. As Lithgierose pointed out there is Morrisons on the edge of town or the usual places in the town.

Give me an idea of what you are after and I will have a think

I think you mean the road through Leven rather than Crossgates. Leave the A92 at kirkcaldy and head for Leven instead of Glenrothes. There is a turn off at Largo which takes you to St Andrews.

your right.its the 92 straight on instead of crossgates.a knew whit a meant lol.

Just like to say thank you for another enjoyable trip. I do hope you can replicate your battling qualities in the League and get away from the relegation places as I'll miss my wee trips to you.

A wee questionthough. I'm aware that the Social Club is a separate entity from the football club, so who got the money when the pies were sold out of a window of the club into the ground? Forgive me if i'm being nosey.

BTW on the Bo'ness thread a Saints fan bemoaned the lack of support from the townsfolk. Here's a tip, tell them you've got Prince Harry playing at centre-back and you might attract a few female students! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Well as Mark has made it public on Twitter I may as well post on here.

St Andrews have signed former Arbroath FC player Lee Sibanda and he goes straight into the squad to face Ballingry tomorrow.

Does his brother play already with St Andrews?

Well as Mark has made it public on Twitter I may as well post on here.

St Andrews have signed former Arbroath FC player Lee Sibanda and he goes straight into the squad to face Ballingry tomorrow.

Excellent addition Al. How are things looking weather wise for tomorrow's game mate?

Despite the cold weather another good day was had in St Andrews last week. Ballingry a little unfortunate not to take all 3 points but a good strike from Lee Sibanda on his debut none the less. Thought the young lady in the middle handled the game very well and can see why she is being widely tipped to go all the way, unlike other referees who think the game is all about them.

Archived