St Andrews thread

MrFanA

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Theres never an excuse for that type of behaviour on the park so coming from someone in his position questions need to be asked. Its getting beyond a joke the abuse coming from the St Andrews touchline be it a manager, coach or even some fans. Probably sour grapes because they cant get the results and this has been the case throughout last season too.

Maybe a shake up is required! Its bad enough going to watch them lose all the time but to add the overly aggressive macho bravado that comes out the mouths is just a joke. They make a mockery of the image of the team.

And some of the abuse from fans towards officials is beyond a joke! One ounce of brains lets you know you make yourself look like an eejit when you act like that. Im a saints fan and im embarrassed by the insults. Grow a pair and accept the decisions. If they have been to a game before then they should know nothing will change the decision and your abuse if anything is a hinderance towards your own team.

Once again im saying encouragement is needed towards the team and especially when your behind. Do you think the coaches and manager know this? If they do then they sure as hell ain't doing it. And to think i was going to get a season ticket! Not to listen to staff shouting abuse game in game out. Frustrated is an understatement.

Rant over*

in no way is this a dig.but whats your usual away support ? counted five in the rose club today.was it a weather and distance thing.

Was at your game tday thought yous played well in parts off the game but the quality showed through in the end

Aye they played strong but like you say quality showed through. Linlithgow played a great passing game which lead them to score. Nice close one touch passing in and around the saints box created the opportunities that took the game. Kamil for St Andrews looked quick on his toes and got the one and only goal for his side. He has a super mentality to the game. He took a slap in the face that the ref never saw, he just gave it a rub and chased the player to gain his position back, when most would of fell the floor rolling and peaking out of the top of there hands looking at the ref for his oscar.

All in all a well fought game, the difference between Linlithgow and St Andrews is very apparent, at the moment. Nobody had a bad game i would say. Just taught a lesson. A lesson on passing, possession and more passing. The main aspects the saints are lacking, at the moment.

in no way is this a dig.but whats your usual away support ? counted five in the rose club today.was it a weather and distance thing.

Away support is not the greatest. And to be honest i don't travel up with the regulars. Or stand with them. I dont usually visit the clubs for a drink. Have been known too but not that often, only when my bro comes along and drives. Usually a nice pie and a tea at half time. I know theres a few that travel up and watch family members play most games. Closer to home the crowds are a bit larger but not the biggest fan base. Home games can be hit or miss depending on weather. A good few old timer loyalists just like most clubs.

Nothing compared to Linlithgow. You have a superb setup and a great bunch of fans of the many. Good to see fans wearing the teams colours and so many of them. Especially in the juniors. Look forward to returning.

Our average home crowd is around 85-90 so we don't have a big away support, mainly committee, player relatives and a few stalwarts.

I thought we played well in midfield, trying to play the right way and we found ourselves in some good positions but that's where the difference between the two sides was evident. We just missed that bit of quality. I have to say the pitch was in excellent condition yesterday so full marks to the groundsman.

White Star may have been deleted from the Glenrothes oops I mean fife football forum coco but Martin

A long time since I've been called Martin White Star. So many people called me that at the glens I actually started to respond to it!

No harm intended DC, I know only too well how a name can stick. I still get called cabby now and again from my time at Hibs.

I didnt take any of the comments as a dig, I just responded as I was looking at the appearance stats at the time.

As for comments from the dug out etc, I am not going to make a comment on an open forum but if anybody has any specific complaints then please contact me at the club, or by DM on here with a contact email addresss and I will deal with each complaint that way

Looking forward, Whitehills on Saturday, we certainly wont be talking them lightly as an egg covered face takes a lot of cleaning and it will be much nice on Sunday morning to be looking forward to the next round that sitting there embarrasssed.

Hope to see you all at The Rec on Saturday afternoon

Incidentally now we have our own thread

Ryan McInnes played his 100th game for Saints on Saturday and this weekend all being well the skipper, Ricky Patrick will play his 300th game at Linlithgow Rose

300 games - thats fantastic.Remember Ricky Patrick from Ladeside playing Saints in the Scottish few seasons back,thought he was great in the replay.Was it not Patrick that had an award night or something back then which made the kick off in the replay be moved forward ?.

Regards travelling fans,thought Saints brought a fair amount down for the replay that day.Penalty miss cost Ladeside in the first game but Saints were worthy winners in the replay.

300 games - thats fantastic.Remember Ricky Patrick from Ladeside playing Saints in the Scottish few seasons back,thought he was great in the replay.Was it not Patrick that had an award night or something back then which made the kick off in the replay be moved forward ?.

Regards travelling fans,thought Saints brought a fair amount down for the replay that day.Penalty miss cost Ladeside in the first game but Saints were worthy winners in the replay.

Your memory serves u correctly,,Ricky was awarded a testimonial dinner that season and I believe it was that night..I was thru at that game and remember the whole team playing well but thought also that Ricky was man of the match.

White Star may have been deleted from the Glenrothes oops I mean fife football forum coco but Martin

A long time since I've been called Martin White Star. So many people called me that at the glens I actually started to respond to it!

Good luck in your new post mate.

St Andrews United Club Statement

"Jim Hardies relentless pursuit of players took a positive turn last night when he agreed terms with former Aberdeeen player Philip McGuire and ex Manchester United starlet Graeme Port. Hardie said " We have had McGuire in our sights for several weeks and he should bring experience and give us much needed cover and competition in the defensive area." On Port he said " I have known of Graeme for a while, he used to live local to me and I was tipped off that he had moved to St Andrews by a contact in the Lothians. Graeme is an attacking player with flair and I am hopeful he can help produce better delivery which has been missing since the first couple of seasons with Paul Farquharson." The race is now on to complete the paperwork ahead of the Scottish Cup deadline."

Oh dear welcome to The Rec Graeme :P

Whats life all about when a Jigsaw of a player costs £15.32

Get it on the club christmas raffle prizes pronto

Mind you would need a lot more than 300 pieces to do a Jigsaw of you or me mate :bag

Whats life all about when a Jigsaw of a player costs £15.32

Get it on the club christmas raffle prizes pronto

Mind you would need a lot more than 300 pieces to do a Jigsaw of you or me mate :bag

Why does this remind me of the day I walked into Warout social club last year and the chairman his manager and their captain were huddled around each other at the bar. All of a sudden, they jumped up and yelled,

"Yeah, 45! 45!" The barmaid went over to them and said , "45? What are you guys so excited about?"

And the captain piped up: "We just finished a 300 piece jigsaw puzzle. The box said 2 to 3 years, and we did it in 45 days!"

Why does this remind me of the day I walked into Warout social club last year and the chairman his manager and their captain were huddled around each other at the bar. All of a sudden, they jumped up and yelled,

"Yeah, 45! 45!" The barmaid went over to them and said , "45? What are you guys so excited about?"

And the captain piped up: "We just finished a 300 piece jigsaw puzzle. The box said 2 to 3 years, and we did it in 45 days!"

Very good white star, did you think of that one yirsel?

Archived