St Andrews thread

MrFanA

No sure if Bibby would want it but would certainly be a great choice. Knows the club and also knows the premier league after having spent this seaon in it. Management is defo for him and would be good if he put his qualities back into the game.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No sure if Bibby would want it but would certainly be a great choice. Knows the club and also knows the premier league after having spent this seaon in it. Management is defo for him and would be good if he put his qualities back into the game.

Agree with all of that but it won't be happening mate.

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations to Phil on his new role and good luck.

Look forward to seeing who he brings in. Hopefully his fresh perspective on the game tactically and his experience playing pro can take St Andrews in the right direction next season.

The encouragement heard from the dugout to the team on the pitch is inspiring to hear. Be it for nice pass or failed attempt, either way it always sounded positive. Which I find is paramount. Negativity is demoralising and counter intuitive if you want a team to perform well.

A solid win against Camelon showed they can score and keep the victory to the end. Something they failed to do for most of the season. Camelon didn't lose through lack of effort by any means, they pushed until the very end. I thought Flyer done a Stella job in defence. Shut out constant attempts made, chased everything like it was do or die. I was well impressed with his conviction even though he knew he is going down next season. James was a rock in defence too and that was the reason Camelon never stole the game from them.

How many forwards do Tayport want ? I hear an ex Carnoustie boy with a bit of punch is Canniepart bound.

Bailkie obviously thinking big with signings like Sutherland,

Him and Lawson could be a hanful next season,

I heard Tayport dont pay high wages so for St Andrews to lose one of there top players and one who has given them great service to a rival must be a blow

you cant hold onto players if they want away.

ive never known a player to hand in a transfer request and stay at the club at junior

Gary would be a loss but then every club loses big players every now and then. Having said that, I can tell you that as of right now, Gary is going nowhere and has another year on his contract at Recreation Park

Never easy losing quality players, especially to a club who will be challenging for the title along with yourselves. I would imagine Tayport will have to burst the bank to push this deal through.

Personal connections is taking him away nothing else. Why would he want to go to a team thats just as bad as the one your playing for? The difference is, if he leaves for Tayport then thats a step in the wrong direction. A bit of a stale move unless he thinks he will be easily beating the other first team striker candidates at Tayport to that coveted slot. He would be as well staying and seeing out his contract, do his testimonial and then leave with pride. But to leave a club after all these years just because he is connected to the recently departed stand in manager and now new coach at Tayport would be stupid. Leave your personal life off the pitch and use integrity to decide playing matters.

On the flip side he did help st andrews get relegated by not performing as well as he needed too throughout the season so fresh legs upfront could do them the world of good. Strikers need to score and keepers need to save balls. Neither did well at either this season.

If he does go then only the end of next season will decide if it was a good move. Just a pity that its so obvious why he is leaving. Only another year to see out a contract with integrity in stead of trying to run away to Tayport.

Archived