St Andrews thread

MrFanA

Great performance from the Saints. Good to see the team actually stringing nice passes about. Man of the match is Gary Sutherland in my opinion. Scored 7 goals and played well, Sibanda with 6, Mcinnes with 2, Kamil with 1 and Ricky Patrick with 1. Sibanda scored a nice free kick. All goals where pretty nice. It was great to see them taking chances. Hopefully use this high to take to the next game against Armadale next Saturday at home.

Well done boys!

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great performance yesterday and 17 well constructed goals, pity the ref gave the soft penalty to upset Richard, the only thing the poor keeper did was pick the ball out of the net. Graeme Port looked good when he came on and Phil McGuire is chomping at the bit to get started so its onwards and upwards for Saints.

Next week its a big game against Armadale at home so lets hope we saved some goals.

Finally congratulations to the legend that is Mr Gary Sutherland, his hat-trick goal was his 200th competitive goal for Saints and now he is on towards 250, well done Gaz

1.Richard Cargill

2.Kevin McMullan

3.Chris Seeley

5.Craig Wedderburn

6.James Drummond

7.Matthew Morgan

8.Ricky Patrick

9.Sam Buchan

10.Gary Surherland

11.Barry Sibanda

12.Ryan Sloan

15.David Shields

16.James Mackie

17.Michael Duncan

19.Allan Ramsay

20.Ryan McInnes

21.David Hannah

22.Kamil Kadela

According to match prog.

Was there any real need to run up the score? Goal difference doesn't count in the cup so why humiliate the other team?

Why cheat the paying punter? It may not have been that exciting watching after the 12th went in but probably better than watching a team not trying at all

Was there any real need to run up the score? Goal difference doesn't count in the cup so why humiliate the other team?

Wouldn't it have been more disrespectful to the opposition to take things easy. And how do you do it? Spend the whole of the 2nd half stringing passes across midfield?

It was useful in finding that James Drummond played, a young boy who follows Stirling Uni has his own 'supporters club website' and included a mention about James and the St Andrews result. He likes to include news on ex-players of the Uni. So I passed the info on to him.

Good all round game considering the first half weather. A pity about the the penalty, but to be fair it was a good save. Saints defence played a good game. Stealing a lot of balls off of the toes of players. Big Craig Wedderburn played a strong game and so did James in defence. Flyer controlled his side of the pitch with ease i thought. Ricky and Ryan in midfield played good and shut out a lot of possible attacking opportunities. Seeley played great and Kamil played one of his best for the amount of skinning he done down the wing.

Should of been 2-1 but Armadale held strong and played well. Pretty equally matched game with maybe St Andrews inching ahead in my opinion.

A draw seemed like a fair score and signs of improvement from the team. A lot of nice passing on the ground and a relatively clean game.

Some game today! 5-4 to the saints. Thought we were very poor and Glenrothes played really well with a lot of young boys giving everything. Hat trick from Sutherland won it for us like so many times in the past. Thought it was a great touch from Gary sprinting towards the dug out and celebrating the winning goal with Jim considering what Jim has just been through. A lot of respect for each other I suspect. Thought Ricky and Ryan mcinnes struggled today and the two centre halfs were terrible but we got there in the end and we are in the next round!

Some game today! 5-4 to the saints. Thought we were very poor and Glenrothes played really well with a lot of young boys giving everything. Hat trick from Sutherland won it for us like so many times in the past. Thought it was a great touch from Gary sprinting towards the dug out and celebrating the winning goal with Jim considering what Jim has just been through. A lot of respect for each other I suspect. Thought Ricky and Ryan mcinnes struggled today and the two centre halfs were terrible but we got there in the end and we are in the next round!

I must've been at a different game...

At the end of the day yes it was an exciting game and I dare say a cracker for the neutral but I can tell you that neither manager was too impressed after the game.

We shouldn't be conceding four goals to a side like Glenrothes, admittedly when ever we went forward we looked like scoring but didn't look great at the back. John Martin gave Craig and James as hard a time as many stikers have with his strength, guile and movement.

Ok we are through but must do better.

I didn't think Ricky or Ryan had particularly poor games either, however, when Jamie and Graeme came on they offered something different

Archived