NFL London

Sloop John B

The Bucs need to come back to London :(

The 'skins are considering playing in London next year. Their schedule includes a home game against an as yet undecided NFC South team...

The Bucs said after their last visit they would not play another home game in London.

The 'skins are considering playing in London next year. Their schedule includes a home game against an as yet undecided NFC South team...

The Bucs said after their last visit they would not play another home game in London.

I doubt it will be the NFC South team, as they will not be known until end of regular season. Hoping if it happens then it will be either Browns or Steelers

I think they're building up to moving the Jags, and I think it's a massive mistake. The games do well because you get a lot of people coming from all over Europe for a chance to see there team. Yes, you'll get the few who go to every game, but I believe the majority are only going to the odd game. I don't think there'll be enough in the way of season ticket sales after the first couple of seasons while it's still novel to sustain a long term franchise.

I hardly think they are rushing into a big mistake. Credit to the NFL this has been 8 years in the making and they have sensibly built it up in stages over that time. 3 stadiums in London intead of Manchester Cardiff or Edinburgh or even Berlin or Amsterdam is also a clear signal of intent that rather than international development it's about a London franchise.

Franchise wont happen until there have been a few years of good season ticket sales.

I think it's all achievable I just wish they wouldn't

I hardly think they are rushing into a big mistake. Credit to the NFL this has been 8 years in the making and they have sensibly built it up in stages over that time. 3 stadiums in London intead of Manchester Cardiff or Edinburgh or even Berlin or Amsterdam is also a clear signal of intent that rather than international development it's about a London franchise.

Franchise wont happen until there have been a few years of good season ticket sales.

I think it's all achievable I just wish they wouldn't

If this is what they are building up to then they should run it for a few seasons with just Jax games and then they will see how quickly interest will wane.

Will anyone here swap aligence if London was to get a Franchise? I've spoken to a fair few fans and only one has said yes, but they've only been interested for a couple of years and lives in London.

For many people, going to a game in the US would be cheaper than London anyway. It's a No from me.

How much would a season ticket for a London Franchise be? The coat would put a lot of people off IMO. Going to one or two games as a novelty (poor word choice but you get my point) is more realistic for the majority of fans.

As a fan of an NFC team which is built on not much more than I loved the City when I went there, I could be swayed.

There are point about people only travelling to see their team. Well, there would be 8 teams visiting every year.

I've been to the Jags games over the last few years and there has certainly been growth in the support. It isn't a home crowd yet but it is growing.

Personal preference would be a team in the UK based on growth rather than moving an existing team but I'm not sure that'll happen.

There are some who would never support a 'British' team cause their Scottush an aw that but let's be honest, if the whole of Scotland opted out it wouldn't put that big a sent in the plan.

London is a huge city filled with people from around the world. If they can fill Wembley for the Bills vs the Jags with over 83,000 people, they can fill the NWHL with circa 65,000 over 8 games.

Franchise behavior in this country isn't encouraged. Livingston still get flak for it. But it works in the States. Teams move all the time and it works.

I think it's worth a shot. If marketing well we could all benefit from it and the next generation could well see regular British players in the game at the top level

If this is what they are building up to then they should run it for a few seasons with just Jax games and then they will see how quickly interest will wane.

Well they don't put that level of diligence into expansion teams or relocations so that won't happen.

From going from 1 to 3 games we are still seeing 80000+ crowds. There has been no drop off. Only the cowboys get more.

Short term The 12 NFL teams in the 50-65k bracket is probably achievable. With higher prices here the lower end of that should be sustainable. Even at sub 50 I'm sure the league would subsidise in the bedding in period.

Most of the criticisms of the sustainability I have seen don't take account of business practices. People are saying they shouldn't do it unless 100% guaranteed to succeed.

Businesses expanding put in research, take risks, know what they are risking and what they can get back in mitigation.

IMO if crowds are maintained at the 50-60k mark over 5 games it's a no brainer from a business POV to take a punt and commit to a franchise for 5 years.