Googlebox

Christophe

The idea behind Gogglebox is shit and I thought I'd hate it but I watched one or two episodes and found myself enjoying it. They've picked an interesting cross section of folk who are generally quite funny.

I reckon that's what 99% of people who enjoy it would say, as an idea it sounds horrific but it actually works.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Watching this on Friday, a few of them were watching the Only Fools and Horse sport relief sketch with Beckham on it, including the gay couple from Brighton. The one with the glasses said, "Goldenballs? They'd be black and blue by the time I was finished with them". :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Just caught the bit on the grand national, had me in stitches cos I never watched the race. The woman's face as she realised what had happened was priceless.

A mate of mine recommended I watch this steaming pile of horseshit.

There is some crap on the TV, aimed at the lowest common denominator and this is down there circling the gutter with the worst of it.

I watched about five minutes of some fat, moronic couch potatoes wittering on and on and on.

I felt my ears and eyes were going to bleed and I could feel myself becoming stupider as the minutes wore on.

Utter garbage.

A mate of mine recommended I watch this steaming pile of horseshit.

There is some crap on the TV, aimed at the lowest common denominator and this is down there circling the gutter with the worst of it.

I watched about five minutes of some fat, moronic couch potatoes wittering on and on and on.

I felt my ears and eyes were going to bleed and I could feel myself becoming stupider as the minutes wore on.

Utter garbage.

The characters are very well chosen. Some are clever, some are funny, some are ridiculous, some are weird. Once you watch it a few times you start to really like them - even the ones you don't like (if that doesn't sound too weird).

The folk in the show are very watchable - for all sorts of different reasons.

It's beginning to piss me off now. Needs freshened up. The UKIP racist family are fucking arseholes, especially the mother.

I'm now starting to dislike the piggy looking cockney twats.

Aye they annoyed me a bit too during the Farage nonsense. The vicar woman balances it out a bit in terms of sense and rational thought.

Aye she's ok, something new. The Brighton couple are getting a bit samey as well. The pissed couple are still good value though.

The two back women are also outstanding. As is the old boy who always digs out sexist comments, only to be telt by his wife.

The scouse family with the German "man of the house" are shite. The boy with the long hair hasn't uttered one word in any episode they've been on.

I actually think the vicar and her husband are a boring addition and don't add anything.

I generally like the posh couple from Kent but I can't forget the blatant anti-Scottish outburst the guy had a few weeks back. Has put me off them tbh.

The gay couple from Brighton are still the best value IMO.

Just read an interview and the gay couple from Brighton aren't actually a couple. They are both in relationships out with the show. The one with the glasses is sensational and probably the funniest on the show.

My favourite easily has to be Leon and June though.

The Vicar's an annoying c**t, the two black women are c***s, the cockney guy with his mum and dad are c***s, the jewish family are c***s and the German fella is a homophobic c**t. Apart from that I think everyone is smashing.

The black women used to be one of my favourites, but I think the 'fame' has gotten to them this series and they are milking it. Definitely too many put-on over-the-top incidents with them this time around.

I quite like the German dude, he comes out with some belters at times, helped along by the fact he is trying and struggling to give up smoking. His reaction last week when Dopey took 3 biscuits from the table (after he had obviously just sat and ate 2 wrapped biscuits) was utter gold. No words used yet I was pishing myself laughing and had to rewind it to see what I had missed after it.

Leon would be my favourite even though I find myself disagreeing with what he says more often than not.

The gay guys are good just now, but I read that they are angling to have a camera crew follow them around for a year. Can see that featuring on ITV2 as it's the usual pish they promote. If that's their attitude then I can see them turning out like the 2 women and starting to milk it.

The Toffs are growing on me with every episode. More so the guy who is completely bonkers!

Love the show :D

ETA A mention for the young gay guy who 99% of the time I can't stand as all he does is shout. But it's only at 99% as I gave him a fair play the other night for shooting down his mum after her moronic comments regarding nurses! His sister is pretty fit as well :lol:

The long haired glaikit mute in the Scouse/German house is by far the star of this series. I agree with the general consensus that too many of the old school are now playing up to the cameras and therefore becoming caricatures.

The long haired glaikit mute in the Scouse/German house is by far the star of this series. I agree with the general consensus that too many of the old school are now playing up to the cameras and therefore becoming caricatures.

Silent Jay, the one man Jay and silent bob.

The fig roll incident with silent Jay and the big German had me in stitches last week. Don't think it's quite as good as last series but it's still a decent watch and a great concept. I notice that there's a US version now, I bet they definitely play up to the cameras on that one. Leon and the posh couple with the B&B are my favourites with the two old tits with the painting of tits on their wall being my least along with the UKIP parents (the kids are alright).

Holy shit they went big on Scottish Independence.

Salmond took a bit of slagging. Every clip was completely ignorant of many of the reasons for voting Yes.

Surely that got another few undecideds to turn to Yes...

Archived