The Blacklist

Boghead ranter

• 2 months later...
On 18/05/2020 at 08:07, Twinkle said:

Fuckin horrendous. Can see me jacking this in now. As ive said before, if it wasnt for Spader, i wouldve chucked this ages ago

I lost interest couple seasons ago and didn’t finish last series.

On 14/08/2020 at 09:17, Boghead ranter said:

This week's show (focussing on Ressler and his brother) just demonstrates how much this show relies on James Spader being on screen.

Very ordinary with him not in it. 

He obviously thought he couldn't direct and be in it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Episode 3 of s8 came out on Friday.
It was a welcome return to form
I've got the first three sitting to watch. I started watching it from the start a fewer months ago. Just about to finish season 6,so I'm holding off on S8 until I watch through 7 again and then I can just carry straight on :)

• 4 weeks later...

I've almost caught up now after holding off watching S8 until I'd watched the earlier seasons. I debated whether to skip the animated S7 finale but I watched it thinking it might not be as bad as I remember. It was :( 

Not sure if Im enjoying 8 or not

Ive never really been a fan of Kean as the baddie. Her versus Redington just seems wrong and the task force without her is just a bit meh

Im hoping we get some serious answers this season

• 3 months later...
Dunno if I'm maybe the only P&Ber still following this, but I really enjoying the climax that this seems to be building to.

I'm still watching, I meant to post after the last episode.

Hard to say much without giving things away but it does look like we might be about to get some answers.

I'm starting to think they would have been better off just answering everything now and end it rather than drag on for another season.

• 2 weeks later...
So unless there is some unseen twist to come then based on that last episode...
Spoiler

Raymond Reddington is Elizabeths mother.

That hadn't actually occurred to me!

I've just watched the final episode at lunch. Don't read the spoiler until you've watched it.

So, no actual answers but Reddington being Keans mum was pretty strongly hinted at. That of course doesn't mean a great deal, as they spent 4 season trying to convince us he was her dad.

Didn't see that coming at the end, I fully expected her to kill him, then have it turn out to be faked next season. I guess they could do that with kean but that would mean Townsends man being one of Reds.

I was 50\50 about another series but if Keane is dead I'm definitely against it now.

I've just watched the final episode at lunch. Don't read the spoiler until you've watched it.

So, no actual answers but Reddington being Keans mum was pretty strongly hinted at. That of course doesn't mean a great deal, as they spent 4 season trying to convince us he was her dad.

Didn't see that coming at the end, I fully expected her to kill him, then have it turn out to be faked next season. I guess they could do that with kean but that would mean Townsends man being one of Reds.

I was 50\50 about another series but if Keane is dead I'm definitely against it now.

That's exactly where I'm at too after watching over lunch. Would have been happy if they had just brought it all to an end this season.

4 hours ago, kilMARKnock said:
7 hours ago, Mr X said:

Reveal hidden contents

That's exactly where I'm at too after watching over lunch. Would have been happy if they had just brought it all to an end this season.

Spoiler

Yeah, I agree. I think letting Liz kill Redington, find out who he/she really was and then ride of into the sunset as the new crime boss would have been a fitting ending. Megan Boone has wanted out for some time apparently, it would have been far better to end it when she left rather than try and carry on without her.