Johnny Russell

Dryhorce

Another goal today for Derby,that is five now.Why he hell is he not in the squad?He is strong good in the air good finisher,and is clever enough to bring others into the game.Got good enough pace and skill to,its why that Italian team wanted him.Much better option than Grithias,especially at international level.Cant get my head around why Greer is in the squad to,he made another mistake today leading to a goal.Why is guys like Broadfoot and MacKenzie getting over looked for him?

Good enough for Seria A with a decent mid table team,but not good enough for the officially worst under performing Scotland side in history.Who were first to be eliminated from the teams in Europe.Sorry that does not make any sense.Sure Strachan has come in and got some results,might not want to make any changes.As our confidence is starting to slowly come back.How ever nobody is going to tell me a guy that plays in League one,is better than Russell who plays at a higher level.Its rare any Scot gets the chance to play in Italy.Up against the hardest defences in Europe.Derby must have paid him more money to go to County.

Good enough for Seria A  with a decent mid table team,but not good enough for the officially worst under performing Scotland side in history.Who were first to be eliminated from the teams in Europe.Sorry that does not make any sense.Sure Strachan has come in and got some results,might not want to make any changes.As our confidence is starting to slowly come back.How ever nobody is going to tell me a guy that plays in League one,is better than Russell who plays at a higher level.Its rare any Scot gets the chance to play in Italy.Up against the hardest defences in Europe.Derby must have paid him more money to go to County.

Sorry PB. He's not good enough for Scotland.

Good enough for Seria A with a decent mid table team,but not good enough for the officially worst under performing Scotland side in history.Who were first to be eliminated from the teams in Europe.Sorry that does not make any sense.Sure Strachan has come in and got some results,might not want to make any changes.As our confidence is starting to slowly come back.How ever nobody is going to tell me a guy that plays in League one,is better than Russell who plays at a higher level.Its rare any Scot gets the chance to play in Italy.Up against the hardest defences in Europe.Derby must have paid him more money to go to County.

You just made that up :lol:

PB is getting thicker by the alias,

Been watching Russell since his on-loan Forfar days and obviously with United. I used to not rate him at all, he was very average when at Forfar, but to be fair to him he has shown huge improvement in the last three seasons. I never thought I would say it but I think he is a better all round player than Goodwillie, he has more desire and hunger and a much better workrate. Is he good enough for Scotland? Not sure yet. He probably deserves to be in and around the squad but I think we possibly have better players for the position he would be playing (he is not ideal for a lone striker role and doesn't have the trickery to be a winger).

bid three times for him,the last bid was £800 000 £50 000 more than Derby paid for him.Exactly how can anybody know if he is good enough if he has never got the chance to play.It was Catania that tried to buy him from Sicialy

Clearly a few boys falling hook, line and sinker here with the wind ups. He clearly is good enough to be in the squad, doing well at a decent level. Still only young too, will be in the next squad for the friendly game!

Definitely. The Friendly vs USA will be the place for him to get a run-out and try a few other players and strategies.

He's got all the credentials to be in the squad now, but I suspect Strachan is just being cautious about calling up too many new faces.

He is hardly a new face,he has been called up before already.Just never got the chance to play.Gordon Greer is a awful defender,he makes Steven McManus look like Franco Baresi at his best.Sort it it out please,we need defenders with pace.Wilson or Berra should be in there instead.Also how is young Wilson meant to do anything,when he has somebody in his thirties replacing him who has not even got a cap?Guys like Wilson need a chance,look how good young Hanley has done for us recently.Down to sticking with him and showing some faith in him.

bid three times for him,the last bid was £800 000 £50 000 more than Derby paid for him.Exactly how can anybody know if he is good enough if he has never got the chance to play.It was Catania that tried to buy him from Sicialy

You have to admire PB's commitment to this alias, he really is typing like he's from the junior forums.

He is hardly a new face,he has been called up before already.Just never got the chance to play.Gordon Greer is a awful defender,he makes Steven McManus look like Franco Baresi at his best.Sort it it out please,we need defenders with pace.Wilson or Berra should be in there instead.Also how is young Wilson meant to do anything,when he has somebody in his thirties replacing him who has not even got a cap?Guys like Wilson need a chance,look how good young Hanley has done for us recently.Down to sticking with him and showing some faith in him.

I am not being funny but just how much have you watched of Greer? Admittedly I have not watched alot myself but apart from seeing him make a bad mistake at the weekend ( which defenders do occasionally do ) how has he been in his other god knows how many games starting for a top half Championship club? Can't be that bad. Get off his back, for what its worth he wont play any part anyway.

I have no idea who your talking about.I am a new poster who needs his lap top wiped as its got a bug in it.Its messing up my posts bye going back then I need to fix them.I am also half blind and dyslexic so enough of the piss taking.I am not after any sympathy from anybody,just telling you how it is.Anyway this is about Russell not myself.Watched Greer loads of times up here,and in league one and the championship.And he has to be one of the worst cart horses that I have saw represent our country.Even when he was younger he had no pace,and now he is even slower.Being a good defender is not about shouting a lot,its about holding the line and posistion is about timing of tackle and reading of the game and awareness,none of these things Greer has to his game.Would maybe be let of if he had great vision of pass and amazing aerial ability,cant even see that in his game to.So what the hell is he doing,taking a place of a talented young guy for the future like Wilson?Should we not be building for the future right now?

I know hes trolling but couldn't leave this....

Get pacey Berra in the team IMO

I have no idea who your talking about.I am a new poster who needs his lap top wiped as its got a bug in it.Its messing up my posts bye going back then I need to fix them.I am also half blind and dyslexic so enough of the piss taking.I am not after any sympathy from anybody,just telling you how it is.Anyway this is about Russell not myself.Watched Greer loads of times up here,and in league one and the championship.And he has to be one of the worst cart horses that I have saw represent our country.Even when he was younger he had no pace,and now he is even slower.Being a good defender is not about shouting a lot,its about holding the line and posistion is about timing of tackle and reading of the game and awareness,none of these things Greer has to his game.Would maybe be let of if he had great vision of pass and amazing aerial ability,cant even see that in his game to.So what the hell is he doing,taking a place of a talented young guy for the future like Wilson?Should we not be building for the future right now?

My goodness, because you don't rate him he must be absolutely terrible! Better give Brighton a call and tell them mate. Seems to have done well there, you better tell them how wrong they are!