Glastonbury 2014

Bert Raccoon

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good lineup. Bit of luck England might get another pumping when we are there. (The Germany game was hilarious.)

I was watching Ray Davies at the time. One of the best sets I've seen there. Pretty emotional stuff as Pete had only passed away a few days before.

Great line up. The depth to it is unreal. Always is mind you.

First stage of the line-up out today, looking likely Metallica will be the third headliner along with Arcade Fire and Kasabian.

glastonbury-2014-line-up-1-1396599680.pn

INTERPOL ♥

Metallica now confirmed; http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-27224967

Not really a fan of metal but this has to be seen as a bit of a coup for Eavis.

I've seen Metallica live. It's actually quite a raucous laugh. They take themselves entirely too seriously, with more than a hint of unintentional Spinal Tap, but I can't say I didn't enjoy it. In the same way, I presume, that going to see Kanye West might at the same time be soul destroying and affirming.

I've seen Metallica live. It's actually quite a raucous laugh. They take themselves entirely too seriously, with more than a hint of unintentional Spinal Tap, but I can't say I didn't enjoy it. In the same way, I presume, that going to see Kanye West might at the same time be soul destroying and affirming.

Seen them at Leeds a few years back. You are bang about them being both Spinal Tap and worth the effort.

Metallica now confirmed; http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-27224967

Not really a fan of metal but this has to be seen as a bit of a coup for Eavis.

Past 15 years indie has produced only a small handful of acts that have produced the 3 great albums you need to be a safe headline act at a festival of that size. There is only so many times you can put on Muse, Cold Play and Arctic Monkeys. So Glastonbury has diversified by having an oldie slot for the likes of Bowie, Rod Stewart and The Who and has begun getting pop\rap acts in to help fill out the headliners. I think the 'safety' barrier at the front has calmed things down enough that Michael feels he can safely put heavy rock acts back on. To be fair I remember the Foos slowing down and almost stopping at stages back in 98 or 00 when they played because it got so manic. Near the front for the Chili Peppers, Radiohead, Manics, Oasis all were almost as scary as inspiring.

Safer and duller.

Past 15 years indie has produced only a small handful of acts that have produced the 3 great albums you need to be a safe headline act at a festival of that size. There is only so many times you can put on Muse, Cold Play and Arctic Monkeys. So Glastonbury has diversified by having an oldie slot for the likes of Bowie, Rod Stewart and The Who and has begun getting pop\rap acts in to help fill out the headliners. I think the 'safety' barrier at the front has calmed things down enough that Michael feels he can safely put heavy rock acts back on. To be fair I remember the Foos slowing down and almost stopping at stages back in 98 or 00 when they played because it got so manic. Near the front for the Chili Peppers, Radiohead, Manics, Oasis all were almost as scary as inspiring.

Safer and duller.

Are you seriously putting Muse and Coldplay in the indie bracket ?

• 4 weeks later...

Not too awful for clashes thankfully. With that much stuff going on at Glastonbury there's no point in picking out all the acts you want to see as inevitably you'll get side tracked by something else on the way and miss it. The site is just so huge, but not that hard to get around once you know your way. Really cannot wait for this!

glastonbury.jpg

Glastonbury always nail it for lineups really, so I'd probably spend my time at the big stages, but it must be nice for a festival to be able to fall back on so much other stuff if their lineup isn't up to scratch.

With the stage times there, a CHVRCHES/Paolo Nutini/Arcade Fire on the Friday night would be a bit magic.

First time heading down to Glasto for me. Excited is a bit of an understatement in all honesty, just hoping it doesn't end up with weather like Leeds & Creamfields last summer when the rain was ridiculous to say the least.

Anyone else on the Official Coach leaving from Edinburgh on tuesday night?

I've a feeling Arcade Fire is going to be special, one of the best live acts I have ever seen.

Agreed. Saw them just before xmas at Barras and they were unreal.

I fancy Glasto next year, never been and it's on my bucket list.

How hard are tickets to come by when they go on sale? THink there's a few of us who are looking to go.

It really is quite hard to get tickets and they sell out pretty quick. Best bet is to get a load of people all trying at once then hopefully one of the group gets through. Well worth the effort though.

Archived