Fifa careers, for the traditionalists.

parsforlife

I usually go AFC Wimbledon if I'm wanting to work my way up the leagues, the only trouble is by the time I get to the Premiership the next Fifa game is realeased. So I've only played about a quarter of a season in the top flight. :lol:

My mate went Blackburn Rovers and he said it was a good laugh with them, he eventually made them one of top four in the premier league for about 3 or 4 seasons but got bored and moved to another team.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Usually do careers with accrington but now started a career with Southampton. Won every game this season on professional not quit at tall just bet Tottenham 8 - 0 but I got 4 penalties and they got 3 men sent off so we should have won that game my players have no pace but are brilliant passers and brilliant finishers defence is shambolic tho I am usually using youngsters now

My main team looks like this

Gk:Forster

RB: rafael/clyne

Cb:k.toure

Cb:gardos/demichellis/fonte

Lb:targett/Bertrand

Rm:tadic/Davis

Cm:wanyama

Cm:taider

Lm:Rodriguez

Cam:Ramirez

St:pelle

Sold schneiderlin to man city for 7 million he wanted to go I never got a say and the board let him go when Chelsea offered 12 million but I rejected

Just turned down the chance to be Australia manager

How do you sign players on a pre contract? Can you only approach them during the transfer window?

If its the same as 14(haven't got 15 yet) then yes, if a player has less than 6 months on their contract in the transfer window then there is an additional option bellow approach club to buy/loan, approach to sign player i think. Can only be done in transfer windows tho which could be better.

If its the same as 14(haven't got 15 yet) then yes, if a player has less than 6 months on their contract in the transfer window then there is an additional option bellow approach club to buy/loan, approach to sign player i think. Can only be done in transfer windows tho which could be better.

Aye that's what i thought. Never got into career mode on 14, and just noticed a few people had '3 months remaining' after the window had closed, gutter.

• 1 month later...

Played a game last night in my Blackburn career away to Villa. They are currently bottom of the league. Thought it was strange but knew they had sold Guzan and Benteke...both to Southampton.

Then I realised why they were bottom. They didn't bother replacing Guzan. They only have the back up goalkeeper, Siegrist. He must have been injured because when I kicked off and got myself up the park, I realised Bacuna was standing in goal! :lol:

I won 6-1. Lambert get tae! Haha :lol:

They did end up signing Ustari in the January deadline day. No idea why they didn't bring in a keeper on a free after selling Guzan though. Very odd!

Played a game last night in my Blackburn career away to Villa. They are currently bottom of the league. Thought it was strange but knew they had sold Guzan and Benteke...both to Southampton.

Then I realised why they were bottom. They didn't bother replacing Guzan. They only have the back up goalkeeper, Siegrist. He must have been injured because when I kicked off and got myself up the park, I realised Bacuna was standing in goal! :lol:

I won 6-1. Lambert get tae! Haha :lol:

They did end up signing Ustari in the January deadline day. No idea why they didn't bring in a keeper on a free after selling Guzan though. Very odd!

The transfer activities of AI controlled teams can be very odd, I can be quite bad at signing players for positions I don't really need and then shoehorning them into the side, but then sometimes I look line ups and they are utterly mental.

Went Real Madrid for the banter cause just wanted to fanny about and score some belters and Ronaldo decided he wanted to leave so only had him for 6 month. If you're a less fancied team sign Halilovic from Barca B. Cheap as f**k and currently like Messi in mine 2 seasons in. I have Sanchez/Hazard/Bale/Lacazette/Costa as my front 3 choices, basically the same midfield but Lucas from PSG and Halilovic, still have Modric/Isco/Kroos/Rodriguez etc etc and same defenders but I signed Aymeric Lapprte from Bilbao who's quality to and only young.

Got a career mode going with Dortmund and has been my favourite I have done so far. Currently locked on points with Bayern at the top of the league with half the season gone.

Team is:

Begovic

Piszceck

Hummels

Sakho (Signed from Liverpool)

Rafael (Signed from Man United)

Gundogan

Sissoko (Signed from Newcastle- Terrific player)

Biabiany (Signed from Parma)

Firminho (Signed from Hoffenheim)

Reus

Aubameyang

Got people like Felliani, Kagawa, Ramos etc to come off the bench.

Made myself in create a pro, started at Celtic, went on loan to Bradford, had a good season then went back to Celtic. Won the league in my season there, then signed for Spurs for £7m. I couldn't get in the side, so asked for a loan, which was granted and I ended up at QPR. The same thing happened, couldn't get in the side and requested a transfer. I'm now at Schalke and it's more of the same, I've played 4 games in 18 months and it was for Scotland.

Is there any way to stop this? I'm a CAM and all 3 teams played with a formation that suits so I know it's not that. Is it just a bug EA won't fix?

Started a career with Blackburn only a few games into the season. Playing on legendary and found it tough to score. First game of the season lost 2-0 to Fulham in league cup. Then had another 2 games were I failed to score. Last game beat Huddersfield 3-0 tweaked the settings slightly to make it a bit easier might have to adjust again if it's too easy now.

Tried to sign Stuart Armstrong but they wanted £5 million for him. Instead just signed a couple of squad players. Sold one of the keepers as Blackburn start with 4 on their books never going to need four keepers.

Archived