Fifa careers, for the traditionalists.

parsforlife

Pre contract? I've never noticed this as an option. How do you do that?

If a player has less than 6 months on their contract you when you select them, on the options of enquire, approach to loan etc there is an option to approach to sign on contract expiry. Pretty sure you can only do it in transfer windows tho.

An easy way to do it is send a scout out and set the contract length for them to look for as 0-1.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've started a game in the Norwegian Tippeligean, but with a difference. I've swapped in all the SPL teams except Ross County(sorry Staggies fans) and added in The Rangers from ROW and Ayr, Falkirk, Raith and Dundee from the creation centre. Had a lot more clubs downloaded but didn't want to do away with one of the bigger leagues. Thought about putting them all in League 1+2 but decided against it.

I've taken control of Ayr who are either 1 or 1 + 1/2 stars. I've had to sell a few players mainly cause everyone is rubbish (Kevin Kyle is star player on 64) and needed to raise some cash to hire some youth scouts also. Planning to try develop some academy products and in turn make Ayr dominate.

So far i've signed

Shaquille Hunter(RM) 100k

Some CB from Colo Colo can't remember his name.

Ahmed Fathi (CM)Free

M Mohshen (ST)Free and Adnan Janusaj on loan.

I've sold Marenghi to ICT, Longridge to Dundee, McLaughlin to Crewe. As well as transfer listing Mcgill, Malcolm, McGowan and Campbell.

So far drew 1-1 with Dundee Utd and beat Motherwell 2-0.

They're not too bad a little overrated. Seen a Morton team with 3 stars and a Dumbarton side featuring 84 ability Scott Agnew!

Generous, not taking the piss territory tho.

Given bottom league 2 sides are 1/2 star you can't really have part time sides at 1 1/2. But even the better created sides are always overrated so it's part of the reason I gave up on it a couple of years back, it's just natural to over judge your own players.

You have to buy some career pack of some kind. I think it was £1.49 or around that anyway

Yeah I've got it now. Cheers mate, downloaded a whack of sides( some were last years) and swapped them all with the English league 2 sides. Put sevco in league 1 as there was no space in league 2 and it will be funny to see them struggle

Decent. You going Ayr i presume? Only problem for me as i've not made the team i'm not sure if any of the players have good potentials or not. Wee Alan Forrest has jumped from 59 to 62 on mine(in January of first season) so i presume he has, but not noticed anyone else.

Decent. You going Ayr i presume? Only problem for me as i've not made the team i'm not sure if any of the players have good potentials or not. Wee Alan Forrest has jumped from 59 to 62 on mine(in January of first season) so i presume he has, but not noticed anyone else.

Aye! Just played my first game, a 2-2 draw against Dundee who seemed to have signed Farid. I noticed you said you had put McGowan on the transfer list. I started him and he was excellent for me. Going by the fullbacks as if they weren't there. Kyle was also great, what an absolute beast.

Got quite a few but my most recent one is with Saint Etienne. Aiming to take them back to success like they were during the 70's. Only problem is I've got the riches of PSG and Monaco to contend with so should be a challenge hopefully.

I only play on professional but very tempted to go to world class as finding this pretty easy with most teams.

At first glance, it was safe to say an extra striker was needed. This was a priority after Brandao was injured in the first friendly and ruled out for 3 months. Initially I didn't want to spend big and was looking for someone fairly young and cheap who wouldn't mind playing second fiddle to Brandao but good enough to cover in the meantime.

As the search for a striker got underway, I also found myself needing a goalkeeper as I received an £8.5 million offer for Stephane Ruffier. This was too good to turn down. I managed to sign David Ospina on a free as he was out of contract, but what I hadn't realised was he couldn't sign until July 2014. I was trying to sign Mattia Perin but there was some negotiation troubles so I settled on Charles Itandje on a short team deal while I waited on Ospina.

As the first day of the season rolled around, I was still in the hunt for a striker although I had decided to give in and spend big on Lacina Traore. The move was unable to go through in time for the trip to Ajaccio so youngster Danijel Aleksic was given a start and he gave me a potential selection headache scoring both goals in a 2-0 win.

The following match was at home to Guingamp and Traore was in the squad, albeit on the bench. I play a 4-3-3 formation with wingers so only one striker and after his heroic performance against Ajaccio, I felt it was only fair that Aleksic started this match too meaning the £19.5 million Ivorian was kept out of the starting line up. And he proved his worth again scoring the opener as we won 2-0 once more. I tried to bring on Traore late on but the clock ran down without the ball leaving the field of play meaning almost £20 million worth of talent became an unused substitute.

The following 2 matches were huge tests of character with trips to Lille and a home match against Bordeaux. Both resulted in 1-0 wins with Lacina Traore grabbing a last minute winner at Lille.

4 wins out of 4 so far but not getting complacent. Next up is a home tie with Lorient in the league cup then its a trip to St Gallen in the Europa League. Also in my group is Hibs and Wigan.

Ok i got Knocked out in semis of play offs. Got through the quarters on two 1-1 draws presumably on league position.

I moved to Ross county don't really care but it was for bigger wages. It was a backwards step in terms of squad quality but feel i can make them a better side, mainly I moved to get back to familiar(European) leagues. When I took over they were sitting 11th after 21 games on 20 points, killie were bottom also 20 points but had played game more, st mirren were 10th on 22 points also played a game more and st Johnstone were 9th on 23 points again they had played 22 games.,

I was told not to finish bottom part of the table for me that's 10th or higher. My 1st game was vs Celtic away from home, so right in at the deep end. No problem tho I won 3-2.

Entering the split I'm 8th having missed out on top 6 by goal difference(tho I was never really in contention) i have 44 points the same as Motherwell in 7th and hibs who got the top 6 spot. Comfortably clear of st johnstone in 9th who have 36 points. Picked up another 3-2 win over Celtic as well so I've had a good start the my time at county.

In the scottish cup I beat partick but was knocked out in the quarters by st mirren. (they scored a late equaliser in the 1st game and a late winner in the replay, c***s. :) )

Internationally I picked up a point vs chilli, but I've had my arse handed to me vs brazil and Venezuela. Ok with losing badly to brazil but should have done much better against venezuela still I'm sitting 4th on 8 points after 6 games, can't really say anyone is ruled out of qualifying for the WC yet with bottom country Ecuador only 3 points off of Argentina in 5th. Long way to go yet.

The board have set my goals as last 16 in the WC and last 8 in copa America (or whatever its called).

Had a decent enough split and beat motherwell in the last game to finish 7th. 2 games into the new season has seen me be defeated by Aberdeen 3-1 as I started poorly and it was 3-0 before i knew it, 2nd game was a 0-0 with dundee united.

Goals for this season are similar to last, avoid bottom part of league table and reach the quarters of the Scottish cup.

That opening day Aberdeen game was my only defeat this season until 3 games ago, I've lost 2 of those games and drew the other :(

The unbeaten run had me briefly top after 7 games or so but a case of too many draws saw celtic retake it and me never really in contention to return to top. Recent run of form has seen me slide to 4th but I can't really complain. I'm on 27 points after 16 games only 1 point behind hearts in 2nd but its another 10 I'm behind Celtic, I also have a game in hand.

I've still not signed a player and the only change was the board selling Ben Gordon after he suddenly decided he wanted to leave.

Internationally I've picked up 3 wins and a draw leaving me 3rd after 10 games on 18 points, brazil and Uruguay are ahead on 22 points. I'm 6 points ahead of Columbia in 6th so currently it's looking good for qualification.

Played 28 league games now and not much has changed, I'm sitting 3rd on 48 points hearts a point ahead and Celtic well ahead in 1st with 60 points. Managed to keep a hold of Saunders who put in a transfer request but my scouts are still throwing me shit so I still haven't signed anyone.

2 defeats in the qualifiers sees me slip to 5th 2 points ahead of columbia but im on the same points as Argentina and venezuela who are 3rd and 4th. Looks like brazil and Uruguay are near certainties for qualification and Bolivia and Ecuador look out of it but there's going to be 6 of us fighting for the 3 other spots.

In the process of doing one with Wolves, in the first season I won the League and Johnstones Paint trophy, scraped the league. Second season and a point behind Southampton in 2nd place in the Championship with 5 games left and out of all cups. Signed a few loan players first season ( Januzaj and Ryan Fraser ) aswell as buying Gauld.

2nd season I have added to that with signing James Forrest, Stevie May, Andrew Robertson ( eho has been unreal ) Stuart Armstrong ( absolute shite sold him on ) and McGeough, Tony Watt, Max Meyer on loan aswell. all my players have improved immensely especially Gauld, rated 74 now and only 19. Sold a few aswell and had the usual unhappy calls from squad players who have all been sold.

Hennessey 77

Ricketts 70

Elokobi 73

Johnson 72

Robertson 72

McGeough 71

Meyer 71

Forrest 77

Sako 78

Gauld 74

Griffiths 78

is the team of choice, Griffiths was wanted by Roma :lol:

Really enjoying it, good putting it on a hard difficulty teams can be real hard to brak down!

34 games in now and I'm 2nd 15 points behind Celtic in 1st so they have won the league, I'm 4 points ahead of hearts in 3rd.

In the scottish cup I beat st mirren to give me a semi-final vs Celtic but they went through, a dodgy penalty certainly helped them tho...

With Peru I drew with uruguay and Paraguay to leave me 5th on 20 points after 14 games level on points with Venezuela in 4th , 4 behind argentina in 3rd. Columbia and paraguay are 6th and 7th on 17 and 16 points respectively.

Finished 2nd in the end giving me a shot at the champions league play-offs.

For this season the board want me to finish mid-table which should be do able, quarter finals Scottish cup again do able. And reach the groups stage in the champions league which kinda wants me to scream at them "we're fucking Ross county!!" :)

Started the season with a defeat by Inverness and a win over st Johnstone. Ive drawn spartak Moscow in the champions league and lost the 1st leg at home 3-1 so I'm likely to go out if I'm being honest, maybe I'll get lucky but they were clearly a step above the spl teams including celtic.

Probably look if I can get another job as surely somebody half decent (championship upwards)will want me after last season.

Archived