Relatives who have junior football....do you have any.

RobRoyGuy

Was doing a wee bit of digging into my family tree and found a couple of relatives who played junior football pre war.

My dad didn't and my grandfathers only ever played with good amateur teams.

Have you got any relatives who have played junior football over the years , brother , dad, uncle , great uncle , cousin , grandfather , great grandfather.

RRG- I was under the impression that your great great great grandfather Ichabod Kirkintilloch Royston was also heavily involved in the junior game back in the late Victorian era . I believe he had a penchant for writing letters on trivial football related topics to the newspapers of the time in order to try to get his name in the sports pages all the time - who says History doesn't repeat itself??

Here he is on the way to ye olde post box to send off his latest letter

post-14714-13800611914757_thumb.jpg

My Grandfather played Junior and won the Scottish Cup with Johnstone Burgh in the mid-60s. He played for a host of other clubs as well but I can't remember them off the top off my head. His name was Frank Russell if that's of any use to anybody.

I played with your grandfather at Clydebank season 1965-66 he was a very good player he won many medals as a great junior player with Cambaslang Rangers. Joe Rankin

Ma faither played a lot of amateur football around kilbirnie in the 70's and am sure he said he turned out for ladeside a few times. Used to always get the "yer da has played fitbaw there, son" when we passed the vale. Lol.

I played with your grandfather at Clydebank season 1965-66 he was a very good player he won many medals as a great junior player with Cambaslang Rangers. Joe Rankin

Thanks for the reply, it's always good to hear some stories about him playing football. I have been told he was very good, alas it wasn't hereditary!

My old man, (Stewart Auld) played with Pollok in the 80's. Think he won a couple Scottish cups with them. Played with Cyldebank as well when they were in league 1. Finished at Talbot for a season.

Your Dad was a cracking player for The Bankies Auldy - was a big fan of his back in the day - he was what you would call a no nonsense centre half and chipped in with the occasional bullet header from corner kicks

Is he still involved in football at all? - hope he is keeping well - pass on the Best Wishes of The Bankies support . We signed several players from that smashing Pollok side of the mid 80s including Your old man and Stuart Gordon.

post-14714-13801332673194_thumb.jpg

post-14714-13801332790413_thumb.jpg

Your Dad was a cracking player for The Bankies Auldy - was a big fan of his back in the day - he was what you would call a no nonsense centre half and chipped in with the occasional bullet header from corner kicks

Is he still involved in football at all? - hope he is keeping well - pass on the Best Wishes of The Bankies support . We signed several players from that smashing Pollok side of the mid 80s including Your old man and Stuart Gordon.

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1380133268.304804.jpg

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1380133280.216116.jpg

He's doing good cheers. Still working as a joiner. Nope he's not been involved for about 15 years now. I've got loads of old Clydebank pics I'll need to get uploaded.

Few crackers

post-48721-13801349454711_thumb.jpg

He's doing good cheers. Still working as a joiner. Nope he's not been involved for about 15 years now. I've got loads of old Clydebank pics I'll need to get uploaded.

Few crackers

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1380134944.920206.jpg

Here is another cracking picture of him in action v Dundee United at Kilbowie back in the 1985/1986 season

post-14714-13801434759013_thumb.jpg