Pubs Near Your Ground

Please post suggested pubs to visit and pin this, saves posting every match thread.

Livingston

At the Stadium - Stadium Bar and the Almondvale Suite, both at the stadium so obviously handy. The Stadium Bar is quite small and usually quite busy before the game, whilst there's always plenty room in the Almondvale Suite. Away fans welcome in both, I think.

The club just opens the Stadium Bar for home fans now and again but the majority of the time, everyone is welcome. Not sure why certain weeks are home fans only. But since the club has cancelled their Sky subscription the bar is dead on matchdays, I imagine the majority of punters have flocked to the Almondvale Suite for some chips and cheese.

• 3 weeks later...

Cowdenbeath

I urge all away fans to get the train.

Thought about this for tomorrows game, £20.30 return from Glasgow, £27.20 from Greenock! A bit steep I thought, looks like I'm desi-driver again :(

HAMILTON

You've a few options near New Douglas Park.

The Acadmemical Vaults - The pub closest the ground and the most popular with the home fans. A classic old mans boozer, It's situated across from Hamilton West train station and is about ten minutes away from the ground. It's my prefered pub before the football as there's normally a decent atmosphere and it's reasonably cheap (£2.29 for a pint of Carling or £2.70 for a pint of Tennents). For the most part it's away fans friendly although I gather some groups of fans are barred due to trouble previously *cough* Dundee *cough*. I have seen them only letting Accies fans in on the extremely rare occasion it's too busy (last time I saw this happen was this year against Falkirk in the cup). The pub doesn't do food but you've got Equis right across the road if you're looking for a pre match munch.

and good at supplying empty bottles for after match activities

• 4 weeks later...

You've got Whyte's, The Ambo, The Clep, Frews, 4J's, Ferraris, The Barrels, The Snug & another tap o the hiller that's names escaped me, within a 10 minute walk of Paradise & Tannadice.

Out of them, I enjoy The Barrels, Ferraris & The Ambo.

You missed the maltman, halleys, glenlivit, troll inn, Balmore, bowbridge, strath, ellenbank and the Victoria mate. If you visit them all then you'll be blootered.

• 1 month later...

HAMILTON

You've a few options near New Douglas Park.

The Acadmemical Vaults - The pub closest the ground and the most popular with the home fans. A classic old mans boozer,  It's situated across from Hamilton West train station and is about ten minutes away from the ground. It's my prefered pub before the football as there's normally a decent atmosphere and it's reasonably cheap (£2.29 for a pint of Carling or £2.70 for a pint of Tennents). For the most part it's away fans friendly although I gather some groups of fans are barred due to trouble previously *cough* Dundee *cough*. I have seen them only letting Accies fans in on the extremely rare occasion it's too busy (last time I saw this happen was this year against Falkirk in the cup). The pub doesn't do food but you've got Equis right across the road if you're looking for a pre match munch.

The Tap Room - Just around the corner from The Vaults is The Tap Room which is a more modern pub but as far as I know they won't let you in with away colours. If you aren't wearing your teams colours and you fancy spending a few quid extra for a better range of beers then this pub is worth a shot. It also does excellent food for quite a reasonable price.

Bar West - Diagonally across from The Tap Room you have Bar West. Formally known as The Silver Tassie this is a pub popular with away fans when The Vaults and The Tap Room isn't an option. Not a pub I frequent often but it's been decent enough anytime I've been in. The prices are a bit higher than The Vaults and around the same if not slightly cheaper than The Tap Room. You can also get food in this pub and it has quite a varied menu.

You also have the Bay Horse reasonably nearby on Bothwell rd (across from the Race Course) which is about 15-20 mins walk from the ground.

• 3 months later...

Had a few pints in the Novar in Kirkcaldy watching Sevco getting humped on Saturday, before we gave Raith their own humping.

Not many Sevco sympathisers on show.

Pleasing!

• 2 weeks later...

anyone know pubs that let kids in after the game near dens,if we win the league would be good to enjoy it with him.

The maltman does, there's always a few bairns in wi their dads after the games. Only place to be before and after the game this Saturday.

The maltman does, there's always a few bairns in wi their dads after the games. Only place to be before and after the game this Saturday.

that's where I am going .seen a post about a doo there having so will be great to party with the kid