Pubs Near Your Ground

Please post suggested pubs to visit and pin this, saves posting every match thread.

Livingston

At the Stadium - Stadium Bar and the Almondvale Suite, both at the stadium so obviously handy. The Stadium Bar is quite small and usually quite busy before the game, whilst there's always plenty room in the Almondvale Suite. Away fans welcome in both, I think.

The Almond Bank and the Newyearfield - both Wetherspoons pubs in the McArthur Glen across the road. They are what they are, very standard Wetherspoons. Cheap food, cheapish drink (and not a bad selection between the two). The McArthur Glen is a five minute walk to the stadium, and is where all buses to Livingston go.

Also close by is The Lime Kiln, in between the stadium and and the McArthur Glen. A generic, Brewers Fayre type pub. Nothing special.

To the west of the stadium as you look at it, is Livingston Village, where you'll find the Livingston Inn - an old style coaching inn, quite nice too but really quiet. 15 minute walk to the ground, if that.

North of the ground, just across the road from Livi North train station is the Saltire - a bar and a lounge, the foods no bad and the drink is reasonably priced. You'll get a few dodgy looks in the bar if you're not a local, but I think it's actually just the way they look all the time.

DUMBARTON

If your coming by train, Dumbarton East is closest to the ground and right at the station is the Stags Head. Old owners never used to allow football colours but the new owners are more relaxed now. They'll have the football on the big screen and also a dart board for anyone who's into that (IMO the best option pre-match). From there you're less than 10 minute walk to the ground (pretty much a straight road). If you walk just past the ground there's the Rock Bowling Club which is open for away fans too.

From Dumbarton Central, you're less than 5 minutes from the town centre which has as many pubs as it does pound shops. The Counting House & The Clipper are both right next to each other and both do food and will have the football on (Weatherspoons type pubs - Counting House being the better of the two). There's also the Lennox or the Burgh Bar on the high street for anyone who enjoys older style pubs with some "seasoned" regulars. Walking from the high street you'll be about 10-15 minutes.

By car you've got all the options above and also the Dumbuck Hotel and the Abbottsford Hotel where you can get a pint and some food, both are 5 minutes drive from the ground. The Abbottsford is just off the A82 and you'll see it as you drive along. The Dumbuck is on Glasgow Road, you turn off the A82 at Milton and it's on your right hand side just before you properly enter Dumbarton.

KIRKCALDY (RAITH ROVERS)

A new pub, called The Duchess, has opened at the west end of the High Street. Has Red Stripe on tap and is a decent enough pub.

http://www.theduchessofkirkcaldy.co.uk/aboutus.html

There's the Novar Bar just up from the High Street, on Nicol Street. I'm truly shocked to see that it has a website. How times change.

http://www.novarbar.com/

Or the Abbey Hotel, where former Rovers centre half Shaun Dennis is the Landlord. Of at least he was last time I was in there.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Abbey-Hotel/336905883051040?rf=264596663561866

If you're coming from the train station the nearest place that sells booze is the Beveridge Park Hotel.

http://beveridgeparkhotel.co.uk/

These are all within easy walking distance of Stark's Park.

HAMILTON

You've a few options near New Douglas Park.

The Acadmemical Vaults - The pub closest the ground and the most popular with the home fans. A classic old mans boozer, It's situated across from Hamilton West train station and is about ten minutes away from the ground. It's my prefered pub before the football as there's normally a decent atmosphere and it's reasonably cheap (£2.29 for a pint of Carling or £2.70 for a pint of Tennents). For the most part it's away fans friendly although I gather some groups of fans are barred due to trouble previously *cough* Dundee *cough*. I have seen them only letting Accies fans in on the extremely rare occasion it's too busy (last time I saw this happen was this year against Falkirk in the cup). The pub doesn't do food but you've got Equis right across the road if you're looking for a pre match munch.

The Tap Room - Just around the corner from The Vaults is The Tap Room which is a more modern pub but as far as I know they won't let you in with away colours. If you aren't wearing your teams colours and you fancy spending a few quid extra for a better range of beers then this pub is worth a shot. It also does excellent food for quite a reasonable price.

Bar West - Diagonally across from The Tap Room you have Bar West. Formally known as The Silver Tassie this is a pub popular with away fans when The Vaults and The Tap Room isn't an option. Not a pub I frequent often but it's been decent enough anytime I've been in. The prices are a bit higher than The Vaults and around the same if not slightly cheaper than The Tap Room. You can also get food in this pub and it has quite a varied menu.

You also have the Bay Horse reasonably nearby on Bothwell rd (across from the Race Course) which is about 15-20 mins walk from the ground.

The Manhattan Bar in Hamilton town centre is an excellent choice for home and away fans alike & they run a bus up to NDP at 2:50pm every home game free for pub users.

Alloa

Old Brewery- closest to the stadium across the road from Tesco. A safe option, wetherspoons esque. You'll get the football, a bit overpriced, halfs with too much cola etc. If you've got a few numbers with a bit of boisterousness they dont really like it.

In the town centre there's loads of options.
Station Bar does 35ml measures and meals in the lounge. Drink is really well priced. Football, some good characters, and some Alloa fans go there.
Primrose Bar across the road- quite small horseshoe bar, cheap halfs, football.
Star Inn round the corner- there's an Alloa supporters lounge upstairs (away fans welcome), football, darts, pool, cheap halfs, some characters.
Thistle Bar is fairly open for standing and they've always got the racing on.
Crams is a wee bar a but further away but I've never been in unless absolutely smashed so cant really comment too much.

Station and Star recommended options.

Cowdenbeath

I urge all away fans to get the train. You'll have a fantastic few bevies before the game and have to walk about 200 metres all in.

Walkout out the station and head to the right. You'll soon come to plenty bakers and places for food to line the stomach. Then as soon as you've nipped into Ladbrokes head into Wee Jimmies. Best pub in the town with a good pint and football on the tv. Can sometimes be quite busy and seating can he hard to come by but a must for away fans.

After a couple in WJ head back the way you came and head down towards the ground. The New Goth is your next stop. 4 pints for under £10. 70p nips, 30p pool and old guys moaning at each other. It's fantastic. Looks a dump but hasn't changed in 30 years. Never a spot of bother. Look out for the well dressed guy in the suit, always immaculately dressed. Tends not to show the football however.

If you want to try one more head right over the road to Partners. Not usually a place I go into however there's also a pool table and it's fine for a quick one before turning the corner and walking the one minute jaunt to Central Park.

If looking for a carry out for the train him just go to The New Goth. They will cater for all your requirements.

If in the mood there's a great Indian Buffet right next to Central Park. Everyone will see it as they walk in. It's about £9 for all you can eat 3 courses and the food is good.

What more could you ask for.

Morton
If visiting the Clyde Riviera by train, stay on til Gourock, which is for all purposes a long street of pubs and food.

Otherwise Greenock Central is two minutes walk from the town centre, can't say any of the pubs are outstanding from an away fan's perspective, but clean and modern ie the opposite of the Norseman.

Train leaves Gourock at 1436 or something taking everyone to Cappielow.

Edited by Mr X

Livingston

At the Stadium - Stadium Bar and the Almondvale Suite, both at the stadium so obviously handy. The Stadium Bar is quite small and usually quite busy before the game, whilst there's always plenty room in the Almondvale Suite. Away fans welcome in both, I think.

The Almond Bank and the Newyearfield - both Wetherspoons pubs in the McArthur Glen across the road. They are what they are, very standard Wetherspoons. Cheap food, cheapish drink (and not a bad selection between the two). The McArthur Glen is a five minute walk to the stadium, and is where all buses to Livingston go.

Also close by is The Lime Kiln, in between the stadium and and the McArthur Glen. A generic, Brewers Fayre type pub. Nothing special.

To the west of the stadium as you look at it, is Livingston Village, where you'll find the Livingston Inn - an old style coaching inn, quite nice too but really quiet. 15 minute walk to the ground, if that.

North of the ground, just across the road from Livi North train station is the Saltire - a bar and a lounge, the foods no bad and the drink is reasonably priced. You'll get a few dodgy looks in the bar if you're not a local, but I think it's actually just the way they look all the time.

Edited by mozam76

Been in the almondvale suite but where is the stadium bar?

Are away fans welcome?

Situated just to the left of the main reception. I've seen away fans (players and staff too) in there after the game, so I can only assume so. Dunno if it's the case before the game though, can't imagine why it wouldn't be. Happy to be corrected.

DUMBARTON

If your coming by train, Dumbarton East is closest to the ground and right at the station is the Stags Head. Old owners never used to allow football colours but the new owners are more relaxed now. They'll have the football on the big screen and also a dart board for anyone who's into that (IMO the best option pre-match). From there you're less than 10 minute walk to the ground (pretty much a straight road). If you walk just past the ground there's the Rock Bowling Club which is open for away fans too.

From Dumbarton Central, you're less than 5 minutes from the town centre which has as many pubs as it does pound shops. The Counting House & The Clipper are both right next to each other and both do food and will have the football on (Weatherspoons type pubs - Counting House being the better of the two). There's also the Lennox or the Burgh Bar on the high street for anyone who enjoys older style pubs with some "seasoned" regulars. Walking from the high street you'll be about 10-15 minutes.

By car you've got all the options above and also the Dumbuck Hotel and the Abbottsford Hotel where you can get a pint and some food, both are 5 minutes drive from the ground. The Abbottsford is just off the A82 and you'll see it as you drive along. The Dumbuck is on Glasgow Road, you turn off the A82 at Milton and it's on your right hand side just before you properly enter Dumbarton.

KIRKCALDY (RAITH ROVERS)

A new pub, called The Duchess, has opened at the west end of the High Street. Has Red Stripe on tap and is a decent enough pub.

http://www.theduchessofkirkcaldy.co.uk/aboutus.html

There's the Novar Bar just up from the High Street, on Nicol Street. I'm truly shocked to see that it has a website. How times change.

http://www.novarbar.com/

Or the Abbey Hotel, where former Rovers centre half Shaun Dennis is the Landlord. Of at least he was last time I was in there.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Abbey-Hotel/336905883051040?rf=264596663561866

If you're coming from the train station the nearest place that sells booze is the Beveridge Park Hotel.

http://beveridgeparkhotel.co.uk/

These are all within easy walking distance of Stark's Park.

HAMILTON

You've a few options near New Douglas Park.

The Acadmemical Vaults - The pub closest the ground and the most popular with the home fans. A classic old mans boozer, It's situated across from Hamilton West train station and is about ten minutes away from the ground. It's my prefered pub before the football as there's normally a decent atmosphere and it's reasonably cheap (£2.29 for a pint of Carling or £2.70 for a pint of Tennents). For the most part it's away fans friendly although I gather some groups of fans are barred due to trouble previously *cough* Dundee *cough*. I have seen them only letting Accies fans in on the extremely rare occasion it's too busy (last time I saw this happen was this year against Falkirk in the cup). The pub doesn't do food but you've got Equis right across the road if you're looking for a pre match munch.

The Tap Room - Just around the corner from The Vaults is The Tap Room which is a more modern pub but as far as I know they won't let you in with away colours. If you aren't wearing your teams colours and you fancy spending a few quid extra for a better range of beers then this pub is worth a shot. It also does excellent food for quite a reasonable price.

Bar West - Diagonally across from The Tap Room you have Bar West. Formally known as The Silver Tassie this is a pub popular with away fans when The Vaults and The Tap Room isn't an option. Not a pub I frequent often but it's been decent enough anytime I've been in. The prices are a bit higher than The Vaults and around the same if not slightly cheaper than The Tap Room. You can also get food in this pub and it has quite a varied menu.

You also have the Bay Horse reasonably nearby on Bothwell rd (across from the Race Course) which is about 15-20 mins walk from the ground.

Edited by Bert Raccoon

Alloa

Old Brewery- closest to the stadium across the road from Tesco. A safe option, wetherspoons esque. You'll get the football, a bit overpriced, halfs with too much cola etc. If you've got a few numbers with a bit of boisterousness they dont really like it.

In the town centre there's loads of options.

Station Bar does 35ml measures and meals in the lounge. Drink is really well priced. Football, some good characters, and some Alloa fans go there.

Primrose Bar across the road- quite small horseshoe bar, cheap halfs, football.

Star Inn round the corner- there's an Alloa supporters lounge upstairs (away fans welcome), football, darts, pool, cheap halfs, some characters.

Thistle Bar is fairly open for standing and they've always got the racing on.

Crams is a wee bar a but further away but I've never been in unless absolutely smashed so cant really comment too much.

Station and Star recommended options.

Cowdenbeath

I urge all away fans to get the train. You'll have a fantastic few bevies before the game and have to walk about 200 metres all in.

Walkout out the station and head to the right. You'll soon come to plenty bakers and places for food to line the stomach. Then as soon as you've nipped into Ladbrokes head into Wee Jimmies. Best pub in the town with a good pint and football on the tv. Can sometimes be quite busy and seating can he hard to come by but a must for away fans.

After a couple in WJ head back the way you came and head down towards the ground. The New Goth is your next stop. 4 pints for under £10. 70p nips, 30p pool and old guys moaning at each other. It's fantastic. Looks a dump but hasn't changed in 30 years. Never a spot of bother. Look out for the well dressed guy in the suit, always immaculately dressed. Tends not to show the football however.

If you want to try one more head right over the road to Partners. Not usually a place I go into however there's also a pool table and it's fine for a quick one before turning the corner and walking the one minute jaunt to Central Park.

If looking for a carry out for the train him just go to The New Goth. They will cater for all your requirements.

If in the mood there's a great Indian Buffet right next to Central Park. Everyone will see it as they walk in. It's about £9 for all you can eat 3 courses and the food is good.

What more could you ask for.

If visiting the Clyde Riviera by train, stay on til Gourock, which is for all purposes a long street of pubs and food.

Otherwise Greenock Central is two minutes walk from the town centre, can't say any of the pubs are outstanding from an away fan's perspective, but clean and modern ie the opposite of the Norseman.

Train leaves Gourock at 1436 or something taking everyone to Cappielow.