Peaky Blinders

beermonkey

Michael knew Tommy was about to be shot and didn't tell him (just said "have a good weekend" as he left him at hospital). Michael then went to the US and lost all their money despite being told to take it out. I think the beef with Michael is pretty fair game, I think Michael is standing up to them because he's been accused of being a rat and he's quite passionately against that narrative.
So why doesn't tommy give him what for, it's a daft storyline in my opinion that doesn't fit with the series.

It's seems like the cheap option. There must be a location in Glasgow with old buildings that would pass for 1929 without spending an absolute fortune. It wouldn't even need to be in Glasgow either, could be set in another city.

Possibly the cheap option but also think part of the issue was them trying to equate a gypsy camp and a city gang’s territory. They could of added a scene or two of Aberama gold working their way along the road towards the city?

It could be, but I always got the impression that she was of an older generation (say, at least a decade older than the boys). 

Always thought that as well,

Not sure if any of the boys have been aged yet? Can’t remember tbh, we know the 3 oldest went to war so you would have them as 1900 at latest when they were born. A quick google puts tommy as 1890, 39 in 1929 which would add up given the storyline.

I would of had polly at least late 30s in series 1, she always seemed to be the mature voice. It’s a small issue but she should have probably been aged as 50 odd. They could get away with a little discrepancy with her being a gypsy at that time so not necessarily had her birth accurately recorded but it’s been stretched a little much IMO.

If he’s not bullshitting(90% likely) then it’s probably just a background track.

8 hours ago, Stevieda said:

So why doesn't tommy give him what for, it's a daft storyline in my opinion that doesn't fit with the series.

Because it's Polly's son, he can't just "give him what for". I get the distinct feeling it's a storyline that will come with a major twist at a key point in this season.

Regardless of whether Alfie shows up, the finale next week is going to quite something. Tommy relying on 2 clearly deranged lads to do the business next week is surely going to go tits up. Barney for Mosley and Arthur for McCavern.

Seems like everything’s went by very quickly this series, so I’m wondering if Mosley will continue to play a part rolling into the next series.

The slow mo scenes in every episode this season are shite and annoying . Far too many for my liking. Never heard anyone in Glasgow or Scotland for that matter talk with an accent like Jimmy McCavern.

It’s bizarre when you think of the casting, which has been superb from day 1. But for Jimmy McCavern it’s as if every Scottish actor alive vanished into thin air.

16 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Seems like everything’s went by very quickly this series, so I’m wondering if Mosley will continue to play a part rolling into the next series.

It’s bizarre when you think of the casting, which has been superb from day 1. But for Jimmy McCavern it’s as if every Scottish actor alive vanished into thin air.

or read a draft of the script & thought, "f**k that".