Peaky Blinders

beermonkey

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
just started this as heard some really good things about it. a few dodgy accents but ill not judge the program by that. sam niells is actually hilarious but hats of for attempting it whilst putting in a solid performance.
Came to it years late. Just got series 4 to go now.

On 9/19/2018 at 14:40, ah-dee said:

just started this as heard some really good things about it. a few dodgy accents but ill not judge the program by that. sam niells is actually hilarious but hats of for attempting it whilst putting in a solid performance.

It peaked around the end of season 2/start of season 3 imo. Will keep watching but not really sure where it can go after season 4.

The 'villians' become even more over the top as it progresses, wait until you see Adrien Brody.

Favourite characters for me are Arthur & Solomons. 

It peaked around the end of season 2/start of season 3 imo. Will keep watching but not really sure where it can go after season 4.
The 'villians' become even more over the top as it progresses, wait until you see Adrien Brody.
Season? Puhlees!!

28 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:
48 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Season? Puhlees!!

I hear the network are considering a Peaky Blinders movie as well.

• 4 weeks later...
Solomons by a country mile.

• 2 months later...
On 22/12/2017 at 00:02, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:
On 21/12/2017 at 01:01, BradHorse said:
I didn't think it was obvious Arthur was still alive or anything but when he reappeared should he not at least have like a scar on his throat or something?

That was the 1st thing that I noticed. Not even a slight mark on his neck. It would have been a travisty if he had snuffed it though. Such a great character. Another good season. Good to see the quality hasn't dropped.

Was thinking that as well, although it does appear that he gets his hand/fingers in so that the wire isn't directly on his neck(maybe that explains it, fucked if I know though :lol:)

• 2 weeks later...

Watched S4 over the Christmas period, and it's still excellent.  

Tom Hardy's character is, by some considerable distance, the best thing about it.  His negotiation with Adrien Brody has to be one of the funniest things I've seen on screen for a long time. "And that'll be an extra ton because you're a c*nt, mate"

7 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Watched S4 over the Christmas period, and it's still excellent.  

Tom Hardy's character is, by some considerable distance, the best thing about it.  His negotiation with Adrien Brody has to be one of the funniest things I've seen on screen for a long time. "And that'll be an extra ton because you're a c*nt, mate"

Alfie Solomons and Johnny Dogs are the best 'secondary characters' in the whole programme by an absolute mile. Pair of them are brilliant in every scene they're in.

Re-watching from the start just now, Sam Neill's accent really is a thing of bizarre joy.

• 6 months later...