Peaky Blinders

beermonkey

I think this season has went downhill pretty bad. The billy boys seem to be a bit shit, especially compared to enemies like Tom hardy and adrian brody. Most of all though, where did the beef between michael and Tommy come from? Seems to have escalated from nowhere and michael seems to have the balls to go toe to toe with him. In general it seems to be rehashing old plots in a bit of a soap opera way.

I thought the scene at the orphanage was class though, Pollys speech about hearing her heels on the cobblestones to allow time to repent was class - breaking bad level script for that scene.

The billy boys stuff is fucking dung from the accents to walking about the place with a full orange walk preceding them and the flames in the eyes bit that would make whoever did the "Daenerys devil shot" in GOT finale think it was overboard.

Its the fact that about 3 times they have had to do exposition about who/what BB are because English people wont get it.

Compared to characters that Sam Neil, Tom Hardy,Paddy Considine or Adrien Brody played they are utter shite. Even that Russian mob were better.

That said - the rest is still superb. The orphanage scene was outstanding and any scene with Jonny Dogs is a treat. Wasnt keen on the Mosely stuff but they were great scenes too.

Last criticism is the imagery for 5 year olds race/chess scene.

Good to know Glasgow was just fields back in the day with dirt tracks....

Actually not enjoying this season so far. Acting is corny as f**k, too much time spent on Arthur’s wife, Tommy’s wife and Michaels new annoying burd.
It's seems like the cheap option. There must be a location in Glasgow with old buildings that would pass for 1929 without spending an absolute fortune. It wouldn't even need to be in Glasgow either, could be set in another city.

On 02/09/2019 at 16:33, Stevieda said:

Most of all though, where did the beef between michael and Tommy come from? Seems to have escalated from nowhere and michael seems to have the balls to go toe to toe with him. In general it seems to be rehashing old plots in a bit of a soap opera way.

Michael knew Tommy was about to be shot and didn't tell him (just said "have a good weekend" as he left him at hospital). Michael then went to the US and lost all their money despite being told to take it out. I think the beef with Michael is pretty fair game, I think Michael is standing up to them because he's been accused of being a rat and he's quite passionately against that narrative.

Michael knew Tommy was about to be shot and didn't tell him (just said "have a good weekend" as he left him at hospital). Michael then went to the US and lost all their money despite being told to take it out. I think the beef with Michael is pretty fair game, I think Michael is standing up to them because he's been accused of being a rat and he's quite passionately against that narrative.
Some of us haven't watched it yet.

11 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:
3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Some of us haven't watched it yet.

They booby trapped a gypsy camp and now the billy boys are saying its on.