Buying a Chinese phone....

wunfellaff

Gearbest are now saying they're "looking into it" and told me to contact DHL in the UK. Fine, but then they finished off with saying I had to wait 30 days to get it sorted if the phone doesnt turn up, because thats how long they have to wait for DHL <_<

I politely pointed out that Im their customer not DHLs and I wont be waiting 30 days

10 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Gearbest are now saying they're "looking into it" and told me to contact DHL in the UK. Fine, but then they finished off with saying I had to wait 30 days to get it sorted if the phone doesnt turn up, because thats how long they have to wait for DHL <_<

I politely pointed out that Im their customer not DHLs and I wont be waiting 30 days

Has ,ysym had theirs yet?

I don't think it's a stock thing, they provided a tracking number for DHL, it's just there's no tracking info on their website.

I'be ordered a couple of things from China and I've been given the tracking number within two days. The tracking number didn't work for a couple of weeks, then suddenly it worked.

Was looking at a couple of forums and apparently some sellers bulk buy postage. So even though you have the tracking number it's not active until the courier company actually get the item and scan it into their system.

43 minutes ago, Kennboy1978 said:

I'be ordered a couple of things from China and I've been given the tracking number within two days. The tracking number didn't work for a couple of weeks, then suddenly it worked.

Was looking at a couple of forums and apparently some sellers bulk buy postage. So even though you have the tracking number it's not active until the courier company actually get the item and scan it into their system.

Yeah, I realise that.

The issue, though, is that I paid for expedited shipping, which they said would be 2-6 working days. This is day 4 and theres no tracking information on the couriers website

I know theres a chance it might still turn up but Im getting less and less hopeful :(

ETA - as if by magic, the shipping info has now appeared :) 

DHL received the parcel 20 minutes ago - shipped on the 18th my arse :rolleyes:

Lets see how long it takes to get here. They have 2 days before I starting asking for a refund of the shipping cost

Edited by Mr X

On ‎22‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 09:25, Njord said:

Don't know if it'll help but another update available, only 11meg this time as opposed to the 250meg update in Sept, and as yet no one on the forums knows what it is for, but won't hurt to be up-to-date.

Aye, got that yesterday, when it rebooted it had more apps on the home pages than before but still not all of them...

Bluetooth music seems a bit more resilient this time around, was always a bit odd because the phone connection was fine. Tried a different music player, too, but it wasn't any different.

5 hours ago, Mr X said:

Yeah, I realise that.

The issue, though, is that I paid for expedited shipping, which they said would be 2-6 working days. This is day 4 and theres no tracking information on the couriers website

I know theres a chance it might still turn up but Im getting less and less hopeful :(

ETA - as if by magic, the shipping info has now appeared :) 

DHL received the parcel 20 minutes ago - shipped on the 18th my arse :rolleyes:

Lets see how long it takes to get here. They have 2 days before I starting asking for a refund of the shipping cost

At least your making some progress now Mr X. What a carry on!

I was a wee bit reluctant to write a review as I didn't want to piss Mr X off any more than he must be already. Well chuffed with the Blooboo Maya Max tbh. The 6''screen is impressive and despite not being full HD the picture quality looks really good. Good sound from the speaker as well. When turned up it's pretty loud. I've not really had a chance to play around with the camera so can't comment on that as yet. Fingerprint sensor works fine about 9 times out of 10. The phone is quite heavy from what I've been used to but I suppose that was to be expected with a 4200mAh battery, which is the best bit about the phone IMO. Even with heavy use over the weekend, it lasted a good day or two. The quick charge is good up until it gets to about 80-90% but takes a while to get up to full charge. Once it gets to full charge you can use it for a good bit and it will still give you a 100% reading. No problems either with the processor. It's quick and responsive. I've tried a couple of heavy graphic games on it and there's been no lag whatsoever. 

It was a bonus not to be hit with extra custom charges too, despite it coming from a Hong Kong warehouse, so for £113, it seems to be a cracking piece of kit for the money.

10 hours ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Cleaning theemoji226.png tank just now. I'll get on it lateremoji6.png

I bet your fish tanks better than mine too :(

7 hours ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

I was a wee bit reluctant to write a review as I didn't want to piss Mr X off any more than he must be already. Well chuffed with the Blooboo Maya Max tbh. The 6''screen is impressive and despite not being full HD the picture quality looks really good. Good sound from the speaker as well. When turned up it's pretty loud. I've not really had a chance to play around with the camera so can't comment on that as yet. Fingerprint sensor works fine about 9 times out of 10. The phone is quite heavy from what I've been used to but I suppose that was to be expected with a 4200mAh battery, which is the best bit about the phone IMO. Even with heavy use over the weekend, it lasted a good day or two. The quick charge is good up until it gets to about 80-90% but takes a while to get up to full charge. Once it gets to full charge you can use it for a good bit and it will still give you a 100% reading. No problems either with the processor. It's quick and responsive. I've tried a couple of heavy graphic games on it and there's been no lag whatsoever. 

It was a bonus not to be hit with extra custom charges too, despite it coming from a Hong Kong warehouse, so for £113, it seems to be a cracking piece of kit for the money.

You're fine. My ire is direct firmly elsewhere.

Its nice to know that, when it finally comes, it wont be a disappointment 

9 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

I believe you have a saltwater tank so you've got me trumped. Only freshwater for me, 2 x Malawi, 1 x Tetra tank. I'd love a saltwater tank but it's a bit too costly and time consuming for me. :(

I do, but there are currently no fish in it. I lost them all in another outbreak of white spot a month or so ago :(

21 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Bloody hell Mr X. Sorry to hear that. You must be due a bit of good fortune surely?

Hope so :lol:

It was a bit of a gutter at the time, especially as I'd just bought a £40 Coral Beauty, which I thought would be the last fish, and I lost a £50 clown fish that had been a birthday present.

Hope so[emoji38]
It was a bit of a gutter at the time, especially as I'd just bought a £40 Coral Beauty, which I thought would be the last fish, and I lost a £50 clown fish that had been a birthday present.

Ouch! 50 quid for a fish is scary. I think a quarantine tank is a must to keep saltwater fish as most species are quite delicate.

13 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Ouch! 50 quid for a fish is scary. I think a quarantine tank is a must to keep saltwater fish as most species are quite delicate.

They were the most expensive I had - and I had two! I have more expensive coral in the tank though

Clown fish are quite hardy, as are the other species I had. The issue seems to be stress usually brought one when I put a new fish into the tank, so quarantine wouldnt really help. I thought I could get 4 fish in the tank but Im going to stick at 3 next time.