Buying a Chinese phone....

wunfellaff

4 minutes ago, Mr X said:

As YSYM said, it will be fine and might even fill the crack in a little. It wont stop it getting worse though as, while it might hide it, it wont repair it.

I was just thinking it might have made it worse, its only a one line crack thats barely visible but id like to try keep the phone forva while now

Cheers guys

I'm in desperate need of a new phone since the wean smashed the old one. Is this the way forward then? 

If I had a budget of say £150, what level of phone would I end up with? I'm not the greatest technology wise these days so quite clearly out of my depth. 

I'm in desperate need of a new phone since the wean smashed the old one. Is this the way forward then? 
If I had a budget of say £150, what level of phone would I end up with? I'm not the greatest technology wise these days so quite clearly out of my depth. 

A very good one. You'll get a phone with specs comparable to a "high end" phone here. Obviously there are trade offs like support etc but for the price it's hard to find a major downside.

What kind of size phone are you looking for?

37 minutes ago, Mr X said:

A very good one. You'll get a phone with specs comparable to a "high end" phone here. Obviously there are trade offs like support etc but for the price it's hard to find a major downside.

What kind of size phone are you looking for?

The last few phones I have had have been iPhone (it would take some bloody deal to get me back onto them), Samsung S4 (I think it was the S4, it was the one with the fat battery. Other than that problem it was a great phone) and my latest was the Xperia. I can't remember the exact one, but it wasn't long out when I got it a year and a half ago. 

I have big hands so I would like a big phone. Spec wise I'm not too fussed as long as I don't have to transfer my pictures every few months. I'm completely open to suggestions. When I got the Xperia I didn't have a clue what to get so I just told the guy in the shop to pick one for me. 

The last few phones I have had have been iPhone (it would take some bloody deal to get me back onto them), Samsung S4 (I think it was the S4, it was the one with the fat battery. Other than that problem it was a great phone) and my latest was the Xperia. I can't remember the exact one, but it wasn't long out when I got it a year and a half ago. 
I have big hands so I would like a big phone. Spec wise I'm not too fussed as long as I don't have to transfer my pictures every few months. I'm completely open to suggestions. When I got the Xperia I didn't have a clue what to get so I just told the guy in the shop to pick one for me. 

If you want a big phone, the Bluboo Maya Max is in your price range. That's what I and a couple of other posters have. It's a cracking phone.

It might be too big though and I'm sure others who know a bit more will have some other suggestions.

I used Ali Express, no hassles at all with them but be aware that if the phone ships from China it'll likely take a few weeks to arrive.

If you're unlucks, like me, you'll get a customs charge - seems to be pot luck though. Think mines was about a tenner so not a complete disaster!

While I'm here... I'm with Giffgaff which runs on 02. Would I need to look for an unlocked phone or would that drive the price up? Should I just get it unlocked myself?

I appreciate any advice as I really don't have a clue what I'm doing. I remember the days when I was up to speed with technology!

1 hour ago, Louis Litt said:

LG's packed in after about 2 years, pretty certain I'm going to go with one of these. Has anyone ordered an Honor 6x/8 or xiaomi mi5? They're looking the most likely options at the moment

I've got the Huawei p9 and if the Honor is anywhere as good as that it'll be a good one. 

I see Nokia released a few handsets in China named the 3, 5 and 6. Apparently they're now being released here with the 6 being the top end model and selling for roughly £250.00.

Dont suppose anyone has any experience with any of them? Due a new phone next month and the 6 looks tempting.