Buying a Chinese phone....

wunfellaff

On 11/19/2016 at 08:35, Njord said:

The one I seen mentioned was to iron out OTG connectivity issues amongst other things.

It is good to know there is at least some ongoing commitment by the manufacturers.

I was reading the Bluboo forums. The v3.06 update I downloaded a couple of days ago is supposed to fix OTG connectivity, screen rotation and camera issues.

I'm finding that some apps won't work on my Umi Super after they've been updated unless you reboot the phone - Facebook, Messenger, Netflix, Amazon Music recently.   No big deal, just a bit of a pain because it doesn't remember all the shortcuts when it starts up again and you have to replace them - if you can remember what went where!

Also having problems with the Bluetooth connection to my car, it keeps losing the music and I have to re-pair. Again, no big deal, just a bit of a pain.

I've also noticed this problem with apps - it seems to be ones installed on the external SD card. I did get a warning about the one I stuck in being too slow. Have ordered a new one so will see if it makes a difference.

Other problem I noticed but have now solved was apps resetting themselves. Most annoying being Nova launcher which I've always used for the notification icons. It seems that apps automatically get killed when the phone sleeps but you can change this in the settings under badgering task clear and set which ones you don't want killed.

On 26/11/2016 at 11:59, Cyclizine said:

I've also noticed this problem with apps - it seems to be ones installed on the external SD card. I did get a warning about the one I stuck in being too slow. Have ordered a new one so will see if it makes a difference.

Other problem I noticed but have now solved was apps resetting themselves. Most annoying being Nova launcher which I've always used for the notification icons. It seems that apps automatically get killed when the phone sleeps but you can change this in the settings under badgering task clear and set which ones you don't want killed.

I've not seen any issues with the apps as of yet, been re-booting to update APN settings without a problem. Question though, with 32Gb why do you have apps on an external SD card?

Overall im thoroughly impressed with the UMI Super, i've upgraded from a Samsung S4 and the difference is huge. I've gone from having to charge every night, plus top up during the day, to charging every other day, charge is so much quicker as well. Not seen any issues what so ever with Android, and quite refreshing to have next to no bloat ware on it. Speed seems good, but not really tried too much to date on it. Installed Kodi and ran perfectly over wifi.

Loads of storage space, and has picked up 3G & 4G with no issue on O2, although I have just swapped over to TPO who use 3 (£6.99 for 2gb of data and unlimited phone and text was too good to not to have) and have not had 4G as of yet, but I think this is an issue with the network rather than the phone

17 minutes ago, pittsburgh phil said:

I keep getting emails from the place in HK that's sending my phone saying they will put report as $33 and label 'cellphone' and asking is that ok?

Something lost in translation but I have no idea what they mean...

Its a customs thing. Customs are more likely to check certain items, I assume. I think my phone was labelled as "accessories" or something like that

Odd that theyre asking you first though

Ive broken mine [emoji20]

The silver case on one of the bottom corners has chipped

[emoji45] Not good. The bottom and top of the casing seem to be the only parts that are made of plastic which is annoying. Do you keep the phone in the transparent protective cover that comes with it? I've done that from day 1 and put the screen protector on it as well. I think it saved mine once from possible damage as it fell out of my jacket pocket onto the pavement one time and it was still like new.

44 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

emoji45.png Not good. The bottom and top of the casing seem to be the only parts that are made of plastic which is annoying. Do you keep the phone in the transparent protective cover that comes with it? I've done that from day 1 and put the screen protector on it as well. I think it saved mine once from possible damage as it fell out of my jacket pocket onto the pavement one time and it was still like new.

No, I found the cover a bit bulky and annoying. 

I never use screen protectors anymore either - liquid glass is the future

Grrr multiquote...Right.

Honestly United & Pittsburgh Phil welcome to the coolest club in town :) And new lines seem to be a prob grrrr x 2.

HU, be careful, there was a very recent thread in digital spy about TPO being in deep shit....

Plus, although Nougat is promised for Xmas eve, their forums have it that there is a Beta version this week for the Super. Keep checking for updates in 'about phone'.

Mr X.... Ditto :( , clambering over rocks covered in ice last week and went arse over tit, landing on my hip. Guess where my Super was? Surprised not any more damage , but crack along the bottom of screen, still usable. Looks like the Plus E will be getting bought as a new screen is half the price of the phone (hertz -1 last night will pay for it...)

YSYM, it has to be plastic there as that is where the antenna is. If metal, your signal would be mince. Right post this and try to edit in new lines...

Edited by Njord

Got it delivered already. The only problem is that im in the process of moving house and got it delivered to the new address. Ive been down there decorating etc all week and had to pop to my old house for something and lo and behold, the royal mail decided to deliver when i was out. Nice little card thru the door meaning i will have to wait til tomorrow to pick it up from the depot....