East Kilbride FC TV Match Highlights

EKFCTV

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another excellent vid - God knows how you manage to learn all the opposition player's names to be able to make such a good commentary.

I'd say that Slytherin Spartans just about shaded the win, despite some dreadful shooting & their goalie almost having a nightmare when he fumbled the corner. EK were the better in the first half marginally, second half the roles reversed but the Ainslie mob made the best of what chances they had.

• 2 weeks later...

So the gaffer has been told to go after telling the club that he would have to walk away at the end of the season.

Think it's weird that he wasn't just given to the end of the season. Although to be fair they've massively underachieved in the lowland this year.

He's done alright has he not?

The teams at the top of lowland league seem strong.

Seems like rossvale in the juniors who are going well have also parted way with their manager. Can't help but feel these newer clubs committees are a bit impatient and showing there inexperience in dealing with things?

Not a dig at all, just a point of view from the very outside looking in!

He's done alright has he not?

The teams at the top of lowland league seem strong.

Seems like rossvale in the juniors who are going well have also parted way with their manager. Can't help but feel these newer clubs committees are a bit impatient and showing there inexperience in dealing with things?

Not a dig at all, just a point of view from the very outside looking in!

Think this year he's had a big budget to spend- hear there's players on over £100 a week. If that's true, then being that far behind the top of the league is underachievement.

Do think the committee ( with previous involving king) have been a bit naive here but can understand their frustrations regarding the money they've spent.

From what I've heard this was on the cards for some months now. The appointment of Gardiner Speirs was not the managers choice and showed that the board didn't trust the Manager to do the job himself. If it wasn't for the Scottish Cup run I think he would have been gone a few months ago. They've now given him the cup final and after that they will appoint a new manager. Although the statement from the club says it was down to work commitments, I find that very hard to believe as he has been involved in football for many years now with Queens Park and now EKFC so I can't see how his work would now start to effect his football. Next season is the year Ek will be looking to get in to the 3rd division. They have some good money now on the back of the Scottish Cup run and will attract some good players due to the publicity the club got from the Celtic game. They will go for a Manager who is well known I feel in the Scottish Game and who can attract some top players to get them up to the SPFL.

Not sure what names have been mentioned so far but certainly the likes of Martin Lauchlan would be a good shout. Could they aim higher though and go for A BIG name?

The above post about gardner speirs is absolute nonsense. The manager did appoint Gardner. Was a good appointment as well. Just rumour spreading saying the board appointed him and billy didn't want it! It's actually laughable

Archived