I Am Zlatan

Mr. Brightside

Your memory is most definitely deceiving you, he had a brilliant game against England - you could tell the media were absolutely dying for him to have a shocker - and set up the first goal. In the other game he scored his sides only goal. And yet he gets criticised! It's utterly bizarre. Are you sure you're not mistaking him for someone else? He had, by every conceivable standard, an excellent Euro 2012 and was his sides best player in every single one of their games...

I'm definitely thinking of Zlatan, maybe I'm just remembering his part in Shevchenkos goal from the corner and assuming he had a poor game. He may have been Swedens best player but surely that is to be expected. Also, I'm sure he didn't have an "excellent" tournament, not by his high standards anyway

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, I'm sure he didn't have an "excellent" tournament, not by his high standards anyway

3 games, two goals and a significant part in another?

Um, yeah, even for him that's good. But I don't know what you were expecting, apparently being (by far) the best player in your limited team isn't enough? :blink:

Perhaps you should say precisely what you expected and how he fell short of these expectations.

To have an excellent tournament surely he needs to play brilliantly in at least 2 games. He may have done this against against France (I didn't watch it so can't comment) but he wasn't anything more than decent in the other two. Bendtner scored as many as Zlatan overall in probably just as weak a team, that doesn't mean he had an excellent tournament

Right, so Zlatan disappointed you even though you've since admitted you didn't watch one of his games, and seem to have totally forgotten that he scored his teams only goal in the other game?

And by "decent" we really mean hugely effective and by far his sides best player who made positive, game changing contributions, in every single one of his matches?

As I said some people are held to absolutely ludicrous standards, do you also think Messi had a "poor" tournament in the World Cup because he didn't score?

Right, so Zlatan disappointed you even though you've since admitted you didn't watch one of his games, and seem to have totally forgotten that he scored his teams only goal in the other game?

And by "decent" we really mean hugely effective and by far his sides best player who made positive, game changing contributions, in every single one of his matches?

As I said some people are held to absolutely ludicrous standards, do you also think Messi had a "poor" tournament in the World Cup because he didn't score?

No, I thought Messi had a good World Cup

But Ibrahimovic had a poor tournament despite two goals in three fucking games?

It's laughable, some people have the knives out for him and will fabricate any old shit to criticise him.

Can you name a single player in that entire group who had a better tournament than Ibrahimovic?

But Ibrahimovic had a poor tournament despite two goals in three fucking games?

It's laughable, some people have the knives out for him and will fabricate any old shit to criticise him.

Can you name a single player in that entire group who had a better tournament than Ibrahimovic?

I'm not out to criticise him, you already know I've praised him. I don't remember that much about the Euros, it was 15 months ago, but I was impressed with Gerrards performances, Debuchy was very good against Ukraine and England and Cabaye was very good.

Even though none of them were anywhere near as effective as Ibrahimovic?

Why don't you just admit your "memory deceived you" and he actually had a very good tournament by any objective standard? Or are you really going to claim Gerrard, Debuchy and Cabaye were somehow better despite doing a lot less?

No that would be you, blabbering on about whether he's hard or not.

He's won the league practically every year he's been playing and is one of the best players in the world. I'd say he's handling the physical side of the game alright.

Maybe all those major title winning clubs should have brought in Akinfenwa instead.

see this is just an idiotic point that several of you dont seem to be able to grasp. just cause he's a great player with a great record doesnt mean he excels at all aspects of the game. he is a big woman who hates getting kicked and bottles out of physical confrontations as a result and can be bullied. your statement there is just the same as saying vidic has won the epl what 4 times so clearly he must be one of the most skillful players in the league, absolute nonsense isnt it.

see this is just an idiotic point that several of you dont seem to be able to grasp. just cause he's a great player with a great record doesnt mean he excels at all aspects of the game. he is a big woman who hates getting kicked and bottles out of physical confrontations as a result and can be bullied. your statement there is just the same as saying vidic has won the epl what 4 times so clearly he must be one of the most skillful players in the league, absolute nonsense isnt it.

lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived