I Am Zlatan

Mr. Brightside

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hes a bit of an enigma really. I see his style and psyche quite similar to Cantona. Ive watched him in games where he effortlessly dictates everything around him and in others where I wonder how I forget a guy of his size is on the field. The worst Ive seen him was a champions league game for Barca where he stood around the centre circle for an hour then to be hooked off. They then showed the distance ran by all the Barca players after the game and he ran only 400m more than Valdes!

The past few seasons though he has become alot more consistent and it was great seeing him score that overhead kick against the 'mighty' Joe Hart after hearing all the pundits slag him off before hand and bigging Joe Hart up.

they have, theres a bit more to football than that. I get tired of arguing with people who know extremely little about the game on football forums tbh. listen to a commentator next time he plays, its one of the most commonly said things about him, something like despite his physique he tends to shy away from the physical side of the game, thats cause he's a big woman who is afraid of getting hurt. the rest of your post is just drivel.

This thread needs supras.

I know the debate about him has been done to death on here but I quite like the fact he winds a lot of people up hence having him as my avatar on here. For what it's worth, I think he is a fantastic player who has performed consistently well at the highest level throughout his career.

As for his time at Barca - 22 goals and 13 assists is a bad season now? The Inter game is a red herring- he didn't play well, that's what happens to players sometimes. I presume when he scored two goals against Parma on the last day of the season to win the Serie A title was an example of him not doing it on the big stage either? Or scoring the winner in El Classico? Or scoring vital goals throughout his club and international career?

As for the book, it's a good read. I particularly enjoyed the bits about him growing up in Rosengard having lived on a similar type of estate in Orebro when I lived in Sweden.

I know the debate about him has been done to death on here but I quite like the fact he winds a lot of people up hence having him as my avatar on here. For what it's worth, I think he is a fantastic player who has performed consistently well at the highest level throughout his career.

As for his time at Barca - 22 goals and 13 assists is a bad season now? The Inter game is a red herring- he didn't play well, that's what happens to players sometimes. I presume when he scored two goals against Parma on the last day of the season to win the Serie A title was an example of him not doing it on the big stage either? Or scoring the winner in El Classico? Or scoring vital goals throughout his club and international career?

As for the book, it's a good read. I particularly enjoyed the bits about him growing up in Rosengard having lived on a similar type of estate in Orebro when I lived in Sweden.

It doesn't matter what he does until he scores a hat trick in each of the 2 games that guys like andy Townsend and Clive tyldsley see him in each year! Until then he will always be described as "failing to turn up in the big games"

Even Arrigo Sacchi, an observer of his best form in Serie A, was forthright in his comments, saying: "Ibrahimovic is strong against the weak and weak against the formidable."

When did he say this? Be specific. He was certainly weak against the formidable when he scored against Real Madrid, Arsenal, Inter Milan, AC Milan and France. Yeah, very weak.

Strange that a thread with such strong statements against Ibrahimovic hasnt attracted the attention of another poster yet

Soz I work.

Hes a bit of an enigma really. I see his style and psyche quite similar to Cantona. Ive watched him in games where he effortlessly dictates everything around him and in others where I wonder how I forget a guy of his size is on the field. The worst Ive seen him was a champions league game for Barca where he stood around the centre circle for an hour then to be hooked off. They then showed the distance ran by all the Barca players after the game and he ran only 400m more than Valdes!

The past few seasons though he has become alot more consistent and it was great seeing him score that overhead kick against the 'mighty' Joe Hart after hearing all the pundits slag him off before hand and bigging Joe Hart up.

Never happened.

Why would you make that up?

Never happened.

I didnt:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/damning-stats-put-ibrahimovic-on-spot-as-messi-runs-on-empty-1952859.html

-While players such as Xavi Hernandez, Pedro and Gerard Pique covered every blade of grass in the San Siro, Ibrahimovic was immobile and ineffective until being replaced midway through the second half having run only 400m further than Victor Valdes.

I didnt:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/damning-stats-put-ibrahimovic-on-spot-as-messi-runs-on-empty-1952859.html

-While players such as Xavi Hernandez, Pedro and Gerard Pique covered every blade of grass in the San Siro, Ibrahimovic was immobile and ineffective until being replaced midway through the second half having run only 400m further than Victor Valdes.

And he spent this in the centre circle or did you totally make that up? if they had such damning evidence why did they produce, um, none of it? They provide no data whatsoever, it was an embarrassing article then as it is now.

When did he say this? Be specific. He was certainly weak against the formidable when he scored against Real Madrid, Arsenal, Inter Milan, AC Milan and France. Yeah, very weak.

Soz I work.

Never happened.

once again people link it back to how good a player he is. nobody mentioned that. the point was when confronted with a tough opponent he becomes a total woman. and he does. that is to say nothing of his skill as a player, or that he cant score in big games, just he hides from a battle when up against aggressive defenders cause he's a big jessie.

Archived