Support Jim Spence

the very first sentence of this ruling http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/opinions/2012CSOH%2095.html

which establishes according to the court of session that (i) the company and the club are seperate entities (ii) it is the club not the company who members of the sfa.

the previous ASA ruling still stands, all that has happened is that some sad case has written to the reviewer to ask for an appeal.

Reading that, I'd say m'lud contradicts himself. "Rangers Football Club ... a company."

Just out of curiosity, where was 'the club' when 'the company' died? Did it float around in space, jet off to Goa for a fortnight or take a tent and a week's worth of veggie burgers and get jellied out of its face at Applecross? 8)

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading that, I'd say m'lud contradicts himself. "Rangers Football Club ... a company."

Just out of curiosity, where was 'the club' when 'the company' died? Did it float around in space, jet off to Goa for a fortnight or take a tent and a week's worth of veggie burgers and get jellied out of its face at Applecross? 8)

i'm struggling to understand what you are getting at with the first sentence? do you genuinely not understand or have you put in "..." instead of "plc," in awful attempt at trickery?

the oldco still exists at the moment and the liquidation process undertaken by BDO is ongoing. the club was sold by D&P to green prior to the liquidation process beginning.

the very first sentence of this ruling http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/opinions/2012CSOH%2095.html

which establishes according to the court of session that (i) the company and the club are seperate entities (ii) it is the club not the company who members of the sfa.

the previous ASA ruling still stands, all that has happened is that some sad case has written to the reviewer to ask for an appeal.

Or I could read it as the Company and club are jointly referred to as "Rangers". Take item [2]

[2] A number of complaints were brought against Rangers by the SFA. Those complaints relate, amongst other things, to the fact that although their Director, Craig Whyte, had been disqualified for a period to act as a Director, Rangers had not disclosed that to the SFA; and to the fact that Rangers had suffered what is called in the complaint "an insolvency event".

So if your definition of the first sentence is corredt then this item is legally incorrect then as Rangers (the mythical club part) had a director and suffered an insolvency event. Your original post stated that this was impossible.

Allow me to introduce additional evidence m'lord. -

[5] In this petition Rangers seek judicial review

Not the term Rangers and the name of the petitioner = Rangers Football Club Plc

the assets that constitute the club were sold.

So if the assets constitute the club, why did D&P have a vote to allow Newco into the SPL? Considering at this point Charlie Green had already purchased the assets.

Do you have any evidence D&P sold the "club" and not individual assets to Sevco 5088 as per the agreement if the CVA failed?

Or I could read it as the Company and club are jointly referred to as "Rangers". Take item [2]

[2] A number of complaints were brought against Rangers by the SFA. Those complaints relate, amongst other things, to the fact that although their Director, Craig Whyte, had been disqualified for a period to act as a Director, Rangers had not disclosed that to the SFA; and to the fact that Rangers had suffered what is called in the complaint "an insolvency event".

So if your definition of the first sentence is corredt then this item is legally incorrect then as Rangers (the mythical club part) had a director and suffered an insolvency event. Your original post stated that this was impossible.

Allow me to introduce additional evidence m'lord. -

[5] In this petition Rangers seek judicial review

Not the term Rangers and the name of the petitioner = Rangers Football Club Plc

you are wrong. if rangers football club plc were to be referred to as "rangers" throughout the document it would have been explained the first time they were mentioned. if you cannot understand that glennie is drawing a distinction between the company and the club despite it being in plain english and also explained to you here there is not much point in discussing this with you.

football clubs have directors.

it refers to rangers seeking judicial review because the the ruling that is being questioned was brought by the sfa against rangers football club rather than rangers football club plc.

So if the assets constitute the club, why did D&P have a vote to allow Newco into the SPL? Considering at this point Charlie Green had already purchased the assets.

Do you have any evidence D&P sold the "club" and not individual assets to Sevco 5088 as per the agreement if the CVA failed?

Because Rangers PLC (In administration) THE COMPANY still held a share in the SPL even if they no longer operated a football club. The SPL share could not be sold without the permission of the SPL as a group.

the spl share couldn't be transferred without following the spl rules. this involved the seller (D&P) requesting permission to transfer the share to the buyer (green) and required an 8-4 vote within 14 days of the request. the motion wasn't passed and D&P retained the share until it was passed to dundee.

what do you think a football club is? green bought the 'intellectual property rights and brand' which includes the intangible concept of the club.

The SFA let Rangers survive, they could have refused the transfer of membership between companies but if they had done that all it would have done is make another club a target of a predatory takeover to be the new Rangers the way Airdrie wiped Clydebank off the map. At one point St Mirren were in the frame to be taken over. Would that have been a better outcome for anyone? you get the satisfaction that Rangers died just like Airdrie but I'm sure St Mirren fans (or whatever club that was used) wouldn't be happy about it.

T_S_A_R should just come clean and admit that he is the 'Big Hoose' guy.

sadly not. i just think it's strange that some people won't acknowledge the truth despite everything being very simple to understand now.

rangers were kicked out the spl, joined the 3rd division, have been embarrassed on the field on numerous occasions to a previously unimaginable extent and are currently being robbed blind by a bunch of crooks who have stolen millions from the club and fans (via the share issue). there is enough material for schadenfreude without resorting to making things up.

Archived