Support Jim Spence

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoooooosh....read my post before you repost. Not a word in there about whether you should care about the content of the piece. The point is he's a bit economical with the truth,and resorts to name calling when challenged. Idiot.

Somewhat ironic response, this.

Again, a load of shite. Tell us, what is a modern day football club?

Does the club or company own the stadium for example?

Do the players/staff get paid from the club or company?

Who makes the kit? Is it done through a deal via the company?

The club was never sold before liquidation, of course I'm sure you'll be able to prove us with examples of football clubs being bought without the company?

a club can't own property. a club can't hold a bank account so it can't pay players. it is legally impossible for a football club do those things which is why every club has some form of legal vehicle which is able to carry out these functions.

what a club can do is be a member of a football association and all that entails. motherwell were a football club for 16 years prior to incorporating a company, a club and company are not the same thing. celtic have been operated by several different companies as have many clubs down south whilst remaining the same club.

the club was sold by duff and phelps to green before the liquidation process began. there is no doubt about this and it is the reason that the spl, sfa, sfl, uefa, fifa, the bbc trust, the european club association, the court of session and the advertising standards agency have all acknowledged it is the same club.

To be fair all this membership, club/company stuff is open to interpretation, some people will just say Rangers died not matter what argument is put forward and vice versa, everyone should be free to believe what they want including Jim.

jim can believe whatever he wants, what he can't do whilst working as an employee of the bbc is go against a bbc trust ruling.

What name change? They were always officially The Rangers. Up until the 1960s they were often referred to as "The Rangers" by the media and in official club programmes.

5893280211_ddfda3854e_z.jpg

wasn't taking about the rangers was taking about Airdrieonians Football Club Airdrie United Clydebank

a club can't own property. a club can't hold a bank account so it can't pay players. it is legally impossible for a football club do those things which is why every club has some form of legal vehicle which is able to carry out these functions.

what a club can do is be a member of a football association and all that entails. motherwell were a football club for 16 years prior to incorporating a company, a club and company are not the same thing. celtic have been operated by several different companies as have many clubs down south whilst remaining the same club.

the club was sold by duff and phelps to green before the liquidation process began. there is no doubt about this and it is the reason that the spl, sfa, sfl, uefa, fifa, the bbc trust, the european club association, the court of session and the advertising standards agency have all acknowledged it is the same club.

Club cannot be a member of the football association, a club has no legal persona to enter into any contractual arrangements, cannot own property (shares). The membership of the SFA, SPFL is held by the company, un-incorporated association or other legal entity.

What ?

To be honest I do not care what Jum thinks about Rangers, to me he is just a guy with a funny hairdo and is overly fond of everything Dundee (says it all really), the BBC Trust opinion however carries a lot more weight, so let Jum carry on with his harmless banter.

Rangers fans have much bigger things to worry about than wee Jum Spence.

With whom? Certainly not with BBC Scotland who even in the publishing of the opinion stated that there was no legal basis for this. I took this at the time to be the equivalent of BBC Scotland giving the trust two fingers.

Club cannot be a member of the football association, a club has no legal persona to enter into any contractual arrangements, cannot own property (shares). The membership of the SFA, SPFL is held by the company, un-incorporated association or other legal entity.

i agree with you on the league membership share as the spfl is a company but the status of the sfa as a members association is a different structure.

it is the club who are directly members of the association but there are regualtions relating to the operating and holding companies of clubs which are tied to membership.

To be honest I do not care what Jum thinks about Rangers, to me he is just a guy with a funny hairdo and is overly fond of everything Dundee (says it all really), the BBC Trust opinion however carries a lot more weight, so let Jum carry on with his harmless banter.

Rangers fans have much bigger things to worry about than wee Jum Spence.

i see this issue as being less about the status of rangers (which is settled) and more about parts of bbc scotland being out of control and needing to remember that they are not a law unto themselves.

i see this issue as being less about the status of rangers (which is settled) and more about parts of bbc scotland being out of control and needing to remember that they are not a law unto themselves.

what-does-that-mean.gif

i agree with you on the league membership share as the spfl is a company but the status of the sfa as a members association is a different structure.

it is the club who are directly members of the association but there are regualtions relating to the operating and holding companies of clubs which are tied to membership.

The SFA is a limited company. There wass a fee to join the SFA which must be paid for associate membership. As you have previously stated the club cannot have a bank account etc. etc. therefore the company pay the membership fee and therefore the contractual relationship exists between the SFA and the company.

I think that the whole contrived situation is laughable. Take a hypothetical situation whereby a club wants to remove itself from the operating company. How can this be achieved? According to the seperation theory, the club exists as some distinct entity defined by the SFA, therefore the SFA are responsible for the club's owners and can unilaterally change this structure. As I said, laughable.

Archived