Support Jim Spence

The membership was conditional, the condition being that oldco transfer the SPL share to Dundee, when that was completed a few days later then the transfer of membership was complete in full.

Sound, article here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9432583/Rangers-in-crisis-Sevco-given-given-conditional-membership-of-SFA-as-stand-off-continues.html with the details.

Still. Fudgey.

Apologies for the :offtopic diversion.

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^^

Jim Traynor IMO.

I'm definitely not an Airdrie fan. Senior grade loyalties are towards the other Lanarkshire club that play in red and white. Organisations like the BBC Trust and UEFA have made it clear that they regard The Rangers Football Club as they exist now as the continuation of the entity of the same name that was formed in 1872/1873 (called Argyle initially in 1872 I think?), because there was a transfer of an existing SFA membership rather than a need for a newly formed club to go through the normal application process to join the SFA as full members that Gretna 2008 are still going through.

As much as people want that to be the case, it's not what happened. The SFA membership of The Rangers Football Club was transferred from one holding company to another, because the formation of a genuinely new club would have meant that AFC Rangers or whatever the new club would have been called by that point would not have been able to get straight back into the SFL, because they would not have been in a position to gain SFA membership in the timeline required, and that would have meant complete financial armageddon for Scottish football.

i wish that had happened.it would be worth it just to rid scotland of the cancer that is rangers.as for Armageddon the tribute act can stay in the lower leagues forever as far as I am concerned. We neither need or want them

As much as people want that to be the case, it's not what happened. The SFA membership of The Rangers Football Club was transferred from one holding company to another, because the formation of a genuinely new club would have meant that AFC Rangers or whatever the new club would have been called by that point would not have been able to get straight back into the SFL, because they would not have been in a position to gain SFA membership in the timeline required, and that would have meant complete financial armageddon for Scottish football.

f**k off

:lol:

your only voting not cause he looks like your da ,

the smelly mhank tramp needs chucked fur tellin lies.

I'd wish a life-changing head injury on you, but it appears you've already sustained one.

Organisations like the BBC Trust and UEFA have made it clear that they regard The Rangers Football Club as they exist now as the continuation of the entity of the same name that was formed in 1872/1873

Telling words indeed. Not 'that they are...'. If they were the same club it would be a definite statement not an opinion.

Its not really off topic, Jim thinks Rangers are deid (free country) many think Rangers are not deid due to the membership transfer, the transfer of SFA membership had conditions attached, due to the protracted discussions taking too long, they had a choice (1) call off the Brechin game which would have left Brechin out of pocket or grant a conditional membership, common sense prevailed and Brechin got their money.

To be fair all this membership, club/company stuff is open to interpretation, some people will just say Rangers died not matter what argument is put forward and vice versa, everyone should be free to believe what they want including Jim.

Which is as adult a way to look at it as there is, really. The slow movement of everyone throughout the whole process led to decisions being made which in hindsight, do not look great. With the league and cups commencing though, some sort of decision had to be made, for better or worse.

FWIW, in my opinion, the clubs ceased to be. A new business was formed and the club was passed over to that. From what I can gather, this appears to be a fairly common procedure in the rest of the UK, but because its Rangers in Scotland it holds vastly more significance.

I'm definitely not an Airdrie fan. Senior grade loyalties are towards the other Lanarkshire club that play in red and white. Organisations like the BBC Trust and UEFA have made it clear that they regard The Rangers Football Club as they exist now as the continuation of the entity of the same name that was formed in 1872/1873 (called Argyle initially in 1872 I think?), because there was a transfer of an existing SFA membership rather than a need for a newly formed club to go through the normal application process to join the SFA as full members that Gretna 2008 are still going through.

Legal definition of this entity please. RFC Plc was the latest entity, it is currently in liquidation.

The other side of Jim Spence....few months back I challenged him on Twitter about an article he wrote on the BBC website regarding an interview with new Dundee United manager Jackie McNamara that included one sided comments on the refusal of DU to pay compensation to Partick Thistle for the loss of JMcN. I wanted to know what questions he'd asked McN and if he'd questioned a couple of the more bizarre statements McN made. After a bit of back and forth with him dodging any genuine answer, he descended into name calling. I found out that in fact the whole McNamara piece was based on a Press Association intv with McN and that Spence wasn't even there. Guess that explained his reluctance to answer my questions. After challenging him on his 'journalism' claims and asking why he'd 'forgotten' to mention the fact it wasn't actually his intv, as I pointed out to him that makes him a repeater not a reporter and certainly far short of the journalist which he calls himself. Anyway he blocked me. Tired of dodging uncomfortable questions I guess.

As I said, just another side of Spence for those of you defending his honour.

Definitely NOT signed.

The other side of Jim Spence....few months back I challenged him on Twitter about an article he wrote on the BBC website regarding an interview with new Dundee United manager Jackie McNamara that included one sided comments on the refusal of DU to pay compensation to Partick Thistle for the loss of JMcN. I wanted to know what questions he'd asked McN and if he'd questioned a couple of the more bizarre statements McN made. After a bit of back and forth with him dodging any genuine answer, he descended into name calling. I found out that in fact the whole McNamara piece was based on a Press Association intv with McN and that Spence wasn't even there. Guess that explained his reluctance to answer my questions. After challenging him on his 'journalism' claims and asking why he'd 'forgotten' to mention the fact it wasn't actually his intv, as I pointed out to him that makes him a repeater not a reporter and certainly far short of the journalist which he calls himself. Anyway he blocked me. Tired of dodging uncomfortable questions I guess.

As I said, just another side of Spence for those of you defending his honour.

Definitely NOT signed.

Literally no-one outside of the Thistle support cares in the slightest about whether United or McNamara stiffed them on compensation. HTH.

Literally no-one outside of the Thistle support cares in the slightest about whether United or McNamara stiffed them on compensation. HTH.

Whoooooosh....read my post before you repost. Not a word in there about whether you should care about the content of the piece. The point is he's a bit economical with the truth,and resorts to name calling when challenged. Idiot.

i wish that had happened.it would be worth it just to rid scotland of the cancer that is rangers.as for Armageddon the tribute act can stay in the lower leagues forever as far as I am concerned. We neither need or want them

How's the new stadium coming along ?

Oh and who's job is it at Shittodrie to clean the cobwebs off the Dick Donald stand since it was boarded up during the summer.

The furore over the whole thing has been ridiculous and it's astonishing that anyone could actually be offended by Spence's comments. On the other hand, some of the support he has received is pretty embarrassing. I've seen a few comments on Twitter calling him a great journalist and other things along those lines.

Let's be honest, he's not a good journalist - much like the majority involved in Scottish football - and the only thing he has going for him is that he doesn't usually pander to either side of the OF.

He does have grreeeat hair to be fair

How's the new stadium coming along ?

Oh and who's job is it at Shittodrie to clean the cobwebs off the Dick Donald stand since it was boarded up during the summer.

i suppose you think this is because we are missing the rangers pound. Well take your rangers pound and shove it up yer hvn erse

Archived