Support Jim Spence

I think anyone who isn't a Neanderthal bigoted c**t will probably side with Jim Spence on this to be honest.

There's siding with Spence and there's publicly siding with Spence. I can completely understand why a lot of normally retweet-happy journos are not RTing anything to do with this. A lot of these people have spouses, kids etc. Why put them in the firing line?

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's siding with Spence and there's publicly siding with Spence. I can completely understand why a lot of normally retweet-happy journos are not RTing anything to do with this. A lot of these people have spouses, kids etc. Why put them in the firing line?

This is a somewhat surprising state of affairs. I was under the impression that they were enjoying the journey.

They seem upset.

This is a somewhat surprising state of affairs. I was under the impression that they were enjoying the journey.

They seem upset.

Airdrie fans used to get a bit annoyed when people posted about their club but there were never threats, there were never campaigns, there was never a hint that if anyone was threatened that they brought it on themself by saying something as mild as this:

"“John McLelland, who was chairman of the old club . . . some people will tell you the club . . . well the club that died, possibly coming back in terms of the new chairman.”"

Victim-blaming from ra peepul:

Cathcart Boy ‏@cathcartboy10 Sep

@rossejhendry @GrahamSpiers @jimspence in his clumsy stuttering self-important style knew exactly what he was saying +exactly what to expect

robert elliott ‏@RobertElliott641m

@bbcjimspence terrible stuff Jim.Do you think it makes sense to play this out on twitter?

Crack_Fox ‏@CrackFox152m

@suzannne_x @bbcjimspence he's enjoying the attention.He's never felt so important. #TheGingerMessiah

Fubar1872 ‏@Fubar18727m

@bbcjimspence You and you alone are to blame for getting abuse with your constant lies and Rangers baiting #taketheconsequences

:blink:

Why do the so called decent fans still want to associate with this abhorrent institution?

Was this every anything more than some bogeyman tale? I know there are some reasonably clued up St Mirren fans on here, and I've always wondered whether it had anything more to it than the two-plus-two-ery that it seems.

One of our directors was trying to buy the majority shareholding that has been up for sale for ages. He was doing his due diligence and, rather foolishly, got Gary Withey - part of Craig Whyte's motley crew - to look through various documents. It then emerged he'd been in touch with Ticketus about funding and the resulting shit-storm saw him booted off the board.

In my view it was two plus twoery but many other people seem to think there was more to it than that. Guess we'll never know.

Meanwhile, perhaps one of these should be organised in Dundee: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-23643831

Victim-blaming from ra peepul:

Cathcart Boy@cathcartboy10 Sep

@rossejhendry @GrahamSpiers @jimspence in his clumsy stuttering self-important style knew exactly what he was saying +exactly what to expect

robert elliott@RobertElliott641m

@bbcjimspence terrible stuff Jim.Do you think it makes sense to play this out on twitter?

Crack_Fox@CrackFox152m

@suzannne_x @bbcjimspence he's enjoying the attention.He's never felt so important. #TheGingerMessiah

Fubar1872@Fubar18727m

@bbcjimspence You and you alone are to blame for getting abuse with your constant lies and Rangers baiting #taketheconsequences

That's a criminal's mentality, right there.

It's often said there are no guilty men in prison, largely because every crim's attitude to his offence is:

- I needed a hit. I had to nick it or

- The bitch was asking for it or

- He wouldn't have got stabbed if he'd kept his mouth shut.

If this sounds familiar, think back to previous bouts of Rangers angst about folk kicking them when they're down, or demanding to know why HMRC are investigating their scams and not these, or why the SPL spent money on an investigation.

It's the mentality of people who can never, ever accept responsibility for their own behaviour.

Airdrie fans used to get a bit annoyed when people posted about their club but there were never threats, there were never campaigns, there was never a hint that if anyone was threatened that they brought it on themself by saying something as mild as this:

"“John McLelland, who was chairman of the old club . . . some people will tell you the club . . . well the club that died, possibly coming back in terms of the new chairman.”"

Yeah, we're dealing with a fanbase that was angrier, thicker and generally more bigoted than most, and that's before you add in elements such as McCoist and Green whipping them up into a frenzy with buzzwords and blatant lies.

The end result is a stupid seething mass of hate and bigotry which will intimidate anyone they perceive to be even remotely critical.

:blink:

Why do the so called decent fans still want to associate with this abhorrent institution?

Because they haven't got the cojones to either distance themselves from it, or stand up against it.

I like the Rangers fans tweeting him to say stuff like

@bbcjimspence @kaisersauzee Any physical threats are shocking Jim but surely all this could have been avoided by not antagonizing rfc fans?

@bbcjimspence agree u dnt deserve threats or that but you have to agree ye have brought it all on yourself trying to be a smart arse #learn

@bbcjimspence I agree, but maybe if you didn't go out your way to antagonise people - it may not happen.

These guys are my favorites.

Anyone who claims to be a 'decent' Sevco fan is no such thing; you are tainted by association. It's like saying that someone is actually a sound guy but is a member of the KKK.

It's mind melting stuff to think that a guy is getting threats and was attacked over a simple (misconstrued) comment about something so utterly trivial. Well it's trivial to the rest of us. To old firm fans, it's their whole life and identity. What a shower of fucking amoebas. I despise them.

Have the Sevco rats gotten all red faced and teary over something someone else didn't actually say yet? Do they have some sort of system where they roll a dice to pick a random person then choose randomly from a list and pretend that the person actually said something from the list just so they can get all offended? They LOVE being 'offended'. Cretins. Are better people than old firm fans.

Also regarding a point raised earlier on the thread; if Sevco were always known as 'The Rangers, why then was there such a outpouring of hot angry tears when that image from the Dundee United cup game that said 'The Rangers' on the front was floated online?

Frankly the Sevco genetic failures don't even know why they're upset over trivial little things, or indeed over things that never happened; they just know that they are supposed to be angry and to throw little baby tantrums and attack people with their rattles.

If I lived in Scotland there's no way I'd post about Rangers. The safety of my family is infinitely more important than a dead football club.

edit: DA, too far with your last sentence imo.

They're fucking lunatics. Mind you, I almost got away completely threat-free after an entire summer of social network trolling last year, so it's by no means a certain danger. .

I like the Rangers fans tweeting him to say stuff like

@bbcjimspence @kaisersauzee Any physical threats are shocking Jim but surely all this could have been avoided by not antagonizing rfc fans?

@bbcjimspence agree u dnt deserve threats or that but you have to agree ye have brought it all on yourself trying to be a smart arse #learn

@bbcjimspence I agree, but maybe if you didn't go out your way to antagonise people - it may not happen.

These guys are my favorites.

These are the "decent" Rangers fans.

If I lived in Scotland there's no way I'd post about Rangers. The safety of my family is infinitely more important than a dead football club.

edit: DA, too far with your last sentence imo.

Probably. It wasn't serious. Well not too serious.....

Archived