Support Jim Spence

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was using a direct quote from D & P.

So same source then, perhaps if I encase it in the STV story then it may make it a wee bit easier for you miniscule brain to digest?

http://news.stv.tv/west-central/197765-rangers-oldco-in-liquidation-after-administrator-legal-dispute/

Makes it the same story Pelucia - those who it suits continue the myth. That your references have descended from FIFA to UEFA to H&D is pretty amusing, but you might want to take a long hard look at your life - what will you be when they can no longer pretend? What are you without rangers?

Makes it the same story Pelucia - those who it suits continue the myth. That your references have descended from FIFA to UEFA to H&D is pretty amusing, but you might want to take a long hard look at your life - what will you be when they can no longer pretend? What are you without rangers?

says the man approaching 4000 posts in the rangers liquidation thread.

Nonsense, every bank has bank accounts for clubs, societies or unincorporated bodies. These clubs have a committee and a constitution. Rangers didn't. They operated as a plc with a board and the full shooting match.

This is why Jim Spence was absolutely correct in what he said.[/quote

Exactly. Clubs can own property and have bank accounts. Most football 'clubs' however are not clubs at all. They are companies and it is a nonsense to pretend that there is a separate entity which is a club after incorporation has taken place.

says the man approaching 4000 posts in the rangers liquidation thread.

You were a pretty prolific poster on there as well, for a while. Fucked off when your rangerophile attitude couldn't stand the heat, IIRC.

If you think rangers dying, anf the manner of their dying, is a mere sideshow, I'd challenge that you're not that fussed with the Scottish game.

Oh aye its all a big conspiracy, spoken like the (self confessed) die hard *** you are, yer dad would be proud.

Go on, then, Runaway Ted. Self-confessed die-hard tim, is it? Show us yer links - show us the blog - show us anything outside of your own bottle-free accusation.

Go on Tedi, point the people to the posts where I say I'm a celtic fan.

Go on, Polterfud, show me up for the celtic fan that I am. Do it on here, as you've run away from the thread that was home. you weaselly little shit.

Call me a pervert. fine. Call me an adulterer. Not true, but feasible. Call me a fucking tory, That's an opinion I will dismiss but defend your right to hold.

Call me a celtic fan? That is bang out of order. Back it up or fúck off, you cowardly little shite. Resigning from the BRALT , then hanging around with the gang so that their reps don't go down.

You can't even stand up for yourself when you're on the Internet you sad little man.

the bbc trust told bbc scotland to stop saying rangers are dead. spence went against the bbc trust ruling on this therefore he has to be censured in some way. if he is happy to sit on the license fee gravy train he has to play by the rules.

This is very true. As much as I think the BBC Trust was mistaken, it exists for good reason and broadcasters have to adhere to its rules. I think the ruling in this case was wrong simply because 'dead' is a subjective measure here (and one that in my subjective view Rangers crossed the threshold of massively - it's a new club in my view) but that's neither here nor there.

i see this issue as being less about the status of rangers (which is settled) and more about parts of bbc scotland being out of control and needing to remember that they are not a law unto themselves.

This on the other hand is the "something more sinister" conspiratorial innuendo that Jim Traynor was talking about once he started getting paid to say Rangers are the same club.

I think far from being 'out of control' Spence just said, without really thinking about it, what is massively obvious to most non-Rangers fans, i.e. that Rangers died and the new outfit's a new club, at least in the eyes of 'some people' (i.e. most people.)

You can always trust a Rangers sympathiser to turn a mistake or civil disagreement into evidence of a foul plot or to otherwise completely blow out of all proportion the original offence.

"Out of control" :lol: That 'out of control' evidence in full:

“John McLelland, who was chairman of the old club . . . some people will tell you the club . . . well the club that died, possibly coming back in terms of the new chairman.”

:lol: Wow! Anarchic broadcasting from an out-of-control, law-unto-himself subversive, right there.

I think far from being 'out of control' Spence just said, without really thinking about it, what is massively obvious to most non-Rangers fans, i.e. that Rangers died and the new outfit's a new club, at least in the eyes of 'some people' (i.e. most people.)

The newco route out of administration has been used a few times in England (I think Leeds United, Bristol City and Rotherham United are examples, and in Scotland it has happened with Clachnacuddin in the Highland League) without any enforced relegations and people claiming that clubs had died and could no longer claim to have won titles. Think what's really obvious is that a lot of people in Scotland hate Rangers to an extent that is unhealthy for identity politics reasons. I seriously doubt there would be all this fuss if it had been a club like Dundee, Motherwell or Livingston that had used a newco rather than a CVA to walk away from their debts and I struggle to see what the difference is between the two morally.

I feel sorry for Jim Spence, an honest if workmanlike journalist, I blame the SFA for the whole mess their need to obnubilate a fairly straightforwad liquidation and results are at the core of this mess

Are the SFA still around? time they come out from under their desks

Exactly. Clubs can own property and have bank accounts. Most football 'clubs' however are not clubs at all. They are companies and it is a nonsense to pretend that there is a separate entity which is a club after incorporation has taken place.

Exactly, anyone with even an ounce of understanding of company and business law knows this to be true.

Spiritually what is at Ibrox is pretty much the same as what went before, same colours, same ground, same fans, but as a legal entity it most certainly is different to that which was there before 2012.

Aye Peter get oot from under that desk.

Oh don't worry, as far as I'm concerned and in relation to the situation Rangers find themselves he, and Celtic are as guilty as the rest of the clubs, the SFA however are charged and paid to run our game, journalists like Spence trying to bring a bit of clarity that should have been provided by the football authorities are simply casualties.in the appeasement fog

The newco route out of administration has been used a few times in England (I think Leeds United, Bristol City and Rotherham United are examples, and in Scotland it has happened with Clachnacuddin in the Highland League) without any enforced relegations and people claiming that clubs had died and could no longer claim to have won titles. Think what's really obvious is that a lot of people in Scotland hate Rangers to an extent that is unhealthy for identity politics reasons. I seriously doubt there would be all this fuss if it had been a club like Dundee, Motherwell or Livingston that had used a newco rather than a CVA to walk away from their debts and I struggle to see what the difference is between the two morally.

Airdrie.

Liquidated, applied as a Newco, were knocked back.

...so not in any way relevant because they are a rebranded version of Clydebank in SFA membership terms rather than a continuation of the membership of Airdieonians under a newco. That's almost certainly what would have happened with Rangers if there had been no newco. Some other club would have been hijacked and rebranded. There were posts earlier in the thread suggesting that St Mirren were sounded out about that scenario.

This on the other hand is the "something more sinister" conspiratorial innuendo that Jim Traynor was talking about once he started getting paid to say Rangers are the same club.

they need to remember that they are there to cover scottish football and not place themselves at the centre of the story. the rangers debcle has been the low point but the coverage has been bordering on farcical for a while going back to the gordon smith fued with traynor. if there were any editorial or managerial control gordon, spence, traynor, young and cosgrove would have all had their balls kicked at some point in the past year and told to focus on what is going on on the park.

i only ever listen to sportsound when travelling to and from away games by car but the standard of the show has went massively downhill. there have been days when we have been listening for an hour either side of kick off and several spl games were barely mentioned and discussion of actual football is completely missing from the program.

the show could do with a clear out and a fresh focus on covering football all over scotland.

Archived