Support Jim Spence

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jim Spence has been treated appallingly over this - he can't even go for a walk with his other half without being hounded by The Rangers fans.

It's utterly outrageous.

Abuse on twitter is one thing but when people start on you in the street with your wife that's another entirely.

Again, is anyone really surprised at this? Rangers fans have been whipping up hate against the BBC for years now.

Spence is a bawbag almost as bad as Chick Young, but can't see anything wrong in what he said (I actually listened to the programme).

Noticed Stuart Cosgrove was missing from his usual Thursday afternoon slot on the John Beattie programme..

Again, is anyone really surprised at this? Rangers fans have been whipping up hate against the BBC for years now.

And at every single opportunity too, the slightest hint of an excuse.

As I've said before, they do this to the BBC and not the tabloids because if they tried anything like it with e.g. The Sun, they'd get two weeks of headlines like "Shady Dealings At Ibrox", "Fans Speak Out Against Money-Men" and "Useless Jabba Brings Shame On Gers".

That's because independent news can be as biased and hateful as it wants, while the BBC has all kinds of rules and regs to follow. Traynor et al attack the BBC because it's a comparatively soft target, no other reason.

To sum up the Newco's hate campaign against the BBC in three words: Lying, cowardly bullshit.

they would struggle to get round every ground but all the of the top division plus selected games from the other three should get decent coverage.

have you been listening during the past two or three years? i used to think that they did an excellent job of covering the spl and sfl but it has deteriorated massively.

I barely listened last season, I must be honest, but I was a regular listener to Traynor's phone-in and the coverage that preceded it when I moved here.

I can't remember any time when an SPL manager was bumped to make room for Chick Young bloviating about the oldco. It just didn't happen when I listened to it.

It's incredible how Rangers fans and the club itself get so wound up about by suggestions that they died and act the way they do. To be utterly rattled and start on journalists in the street because he suggested that the football team you occasionally choose to watch no longer exists brings a new level of stupidity.

There are some decent Rangers fans (believe it or not) that have been drowned out by the rapidly growing legion of puddle drinkers.

Victim-blaming from ra peepul:

@rossejhendry @GrahamSpiers @jimspence in his clumsy stuttering self-important style knew exactly what he was saying +exactly what to expect

@bbcjimspence terrible stuff Jim.Do you think it makes sense to play this out on twitter?

@suzannne_x @bbcjimspence he's enjoying the attention.He's never felt so important. #TheGingerMessiah

@bbcjimspence You and you alone are to blame for getting abuse with your constant lies and Rangers baiting #taketheconsequences

By the way, fair play to Div/whoever's running the P&B Twitter account for retweeting Spence's comments about his being confronted on the street. I'm glad they are siding with him.

Archived