No respect for Old Rangers

I do not see anywhere that the claim their history by association, this is just your interpretation, irrelevant.

They claim history by association by use of the word "reformed".

There is no other interpretation other than that which you have invented

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They do not mention association tho.

Yet the claim to have saved the club, this is honest Boro remember.

They use the word "reformed" instead of saying "Middlesbrough FC claiming history by association (1986)"

Its catchier....and honest.

I am not twisting anything, I have not introduced anything which is not on the honest Boro website, you have.

Your implying that "saved" meant they survived liquidation. Thats factually impossible and is an invention by yourself

So they do not use "association" then, you invented this, glad we sorted this out.

I have never said they used the word "association". They do use the word reformed which means that that they claim history by association.

Phew! We got there in in the end and I'm glad to have cleared that up for you. Now you know that the old club died and the new club are an associated/ reformed part if their history.

Im sure you will agree it's a much more honest way of doing things.

Luton Town, still recognised as the same club despite having a CVA refused by HMRC in April 2008

http://www.theifo.co...ollettfinal.pdf

The original Company liquidated in 2008

http://opencorporate...ies/gb/04977080

The new company now running Luton Town

http://opencorporate...ies/gb/06133975

BBC article

http://news.bbc.co.u...own/7500435.stm

The Football League board also imposed the condition that Luton Town 2020 (LT2020), the new holding company

Luton ..

Right so not liquidated then ,also the FA made them pay their depts 16p in the pound

Rotherham

Never liquidated either

Middlesbrough

Club never liquidated just the CO and paid their debts

None of your examples dodged their debt or had to reapply to join their leagues at the bottom

Unlike RFC ,,dodged debt ,liquidated , died , new club starts at the bottom.

Well they used "save the club" which does not have anything to do with deid club, this is honest Boro afterall, do not cherrypick what you want, if you are willing to accept one word then you have to accept the lot, including "save the club"

I have chosen the term in their legal name. You have chosen to ignore that and concentrate on a single word written by a fan which means nothing. Their new club included the word reformed to reflect the history of the old dead club. Your continued use of the word "saved" to the non-acceptance of anything else is a supreme act of cherrypicking

Luton ..

Right so not liquidated then ,also the FA made them pay their depts 16p in the pound

Rotherham

Never liquidated either

Middlesbrough

Club never liquidated just the CO and paid their debts

None of your examples dodged their debt or had to reapply to join their leagues at the bottom

Unlike RFC ,,dodged debt ,liquidated , died

, new club starts at the bottom.

Pretty poor attempt at trolling imo.

Serious question for you Tedi. Why are you writing 'honest' in front of Boro every time you write it?

Its an attempt to undermine my assertion that Boro were more honest in than rangers in their reflection of their history.

I informed him that Boro were honest about their liquidation by naming their new club in a fashion which reflects a recognition that they are indeed a new club, and any claim to history prior to 1986 was by association with the old dead club.

Since i did that he has prefixed Boro with the word "honest" in an attempt to tie me in a knot over the word "saved" which he values more highly than any other aspect of the debate.

:lol: Tedi the numpty having a nightmare :lol: .

Tedi why don't you create another bear alias to back up your pathetic weak argument and then dish yourself out some more green dots in the process as you do :rolleyes: .

Your an idiot Tedi and will argue yourself into a corner because you are too thick to comprehend real facts even when faced with them.

Mark Clemmit the BBC radio 5 live presenter and life long Middlesbrough fan had this to say about his beloved club back in 2006 when his club changed it's logo to 1876 on it.

When I think back to 20 years ago and the final game of the season - a 2-1 defeat by Shrewsbury - that sent us down to what is now League One and into liquidation, I never thought we would be where we are now.

The club collapsed in the hands of the liquidator and the Ayresome Park gates were locked.

Now where's yer mythical company shite in this HONEST statement by a life long Middlesbrough supporter there eh ?,notice how he says THE CLUB went into liquidation.

Source from 2006 http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/middlesbrough/4978578.stm

Timeline

Rotherham went into Admin March 2008

The new owners of Rotherham arrived in summer 2008 and agreed a deal to buy with the administrators.

Rotherham were still in administration and still being run by the administrators when the CVA failed

A newco purchased the assets of Rotherham from the administrators after the CVA had failed.

The newco starts running the club called Rotherham, the old company is still in admin.

Feb 2009 the oldco goes from administration to liquidation

You got a link for liquidation?

So you MUST be interested in the word "reformed" then.

It's also interesting to note here that clubs apply to companies house to have a "Ltd Company status",notice how the club gets a Ltd status ?,it is not that the club acquired a company to run the club and then it's company was a Ltd company but the club but receives a status that protects them should someone decide to sue the company and not the owners as would have happened if it were still a sole trading company the status the club had before becoming a Ltd company.

Archived