No respect for Old Rangers

Nearly 3am and mad Norman was hammering away on his keyboard ranting and raving about Rangers :lol:

Get a life you weirdo.

Bennet/Bendarroch has really got it bad for WRK. He really did a number on him I guess. It's pathetic the way he follows him around the internet.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So if Boro were 'saved', how come it says 1986 on their badge ?

Why haven't New Rangers put 2012 on their badge ?

Boro were honest about the manner of their demise and rebirth. This new rangers chose to be dishonest.

As you said before - its crucial to the personal identity of so many orcs that without the ability to say "54 & counting" they would be truly lost in the real world.

The facr that no one outside their support really believes they are the same club leads to all manner of borderline psychotic episodes. They trot out the ECA, websites, links to here there and everywhere.

Bottom line. They died. And reformed.

the club?

I thought there were 2 clubs? the old one and the new one

Your failing to grasp any of this. Deliberately I believe!

Quite apart from the fact that insolvency law in 1986 allowed football clubs to use liquidation like a CVA and "walk away" (see what i did there), whilst continuing to perform as the same business (you cant now). The old club was reformed into the new one. Unlike your teams where both the old rangers and the new rangers existed simultaneously, the old Boro was immediately replaced by the new (reformed 1986) Boro.

What your struggling with is the fact that insolvency law allowed this to happen in 1986. Since then both football authorities and the law have changed to prevent this from happening.

They immediately replaced a dead club with a new reformed one. Their claim on history is as two clubs. An old dead one and a new one. Hence the 1986 badge and the "reformed" in their title and history.

A lot more honest than your mobs assertion that you didnt die.

Middlesbrough payed their debts that's the difference between them and Sevco.

It went to the wire. The council, having initially promised £200,000 towards saving the club, was unable to meet its promise and then, three days before the 1986/87 season was due to start, the Football League adjudged that had to have £350,000 in working capital and show it could pay all creditors in full in order to start compete in Division Three. The day before the start of the season, ICI agreed to a bond which meant that they would underwrite the majority of any subsequent debts incurred by the club, whilst Gibson met racehorse owner Henry Moszkowicz at an airport to collect a suitcase containing £300,000. With the money in place – just about – and ten minutes before the deadline was due to expire (and local television company Tyne Tees Television having already reported the club as dead), Middlesbrough Football & Athletic Company (1986) Ltd was given permission to start the new season.

Not disputing they paid the old companies debts, they need this to get the licence.

However this changes nothing .... liquidation still happneded, the oldco was woundup.

It makes all the difference , they paid their debts, also the club was never liquidated, unlike Old Rangers FC being a part of the Co under Scots law , so the Middlesbrough comparison is irrelivant.

Ps Tedi why don't you go back on to the BRALT rather than boring everyone to death with the same shite you've been spouting for a year on this new one?

Big bad glory hunting Rangers fans eh, fookin outrageous.

I suggest everyone writes letters, Stoney has a history of success in this field, the replies he received were in no way mocking :)

Here is one a Celtic fan wrote earlier.

BTjUEDTCIAAPbdX.jpg

Didn't know that the spfl site had Airdrie as being founded in 2002. The sfl site had them being founded in 1965, wonder why they changed it ?

I think you are misrepresenting things here.

Insolvency law has only ever covered companies, the nature of the business is irrelevant, yes there was a change in the law which allowed companies to enter administration and gain protection from creditors, however liquidation back then meant death to the company (not save ;) ) same as it does now.

I believe you are misreading my posts and employing a deliberate misuse the word "saved" in an attempt to claim that it has some sort if legal and binding significance, when it does not.

I have been quite clear in explaining that, through liquidation, Boro died in 1986. They ceased to exist. They padlocked the gates and sacked the staff. A new club was formed and agreed to take on Boro"s debt and proved they had working capital. They were given permission to start the new season in div 3. The new club had a different name and a slightly different badge.

They were, in the eyes of their fans "saved". This was not the same club though and the reformed part of their name reflects that.

They proudly show their history as two seperate but associated clubs.

Motherwell FC were formed by the almagamation of Glencairn and Alpha. Both clubs ceased to exist and were replaced by Motherwell. This is part.of our history though and both Glencairn and Alpha were displayed on our badge for our 125th anniversary.

If your mob had admitted the death if your club and then ralled around the new reformed rangers (much like Gretna) then there would have been very little that anyone could have said about your dead club. You could have claimed history by association etc etc. Instead you choose to claim something quite different and allowed Chuckie Cheese to "invent" club/company nonsense.

Oh I am not struggling with insolvency laws, the footballing authorities have adapted their rules many times and several clubs have been through this process since.

So what did they save then? what did you mean by the club? where does it say two clubs?

You are attempting to imply that the word "saved" carries a legal and binding connotation. And that somewhere it is written in legal format that Boro were "saved"

It does not and it is not.

They were "saved" in the eyes of their fans by reforming a new club.

What was saved was the licence to play football under the name Middlesbrough. Nothing more.

However they remain associated forever with the liquidated and dead club they replaced.

I'm sure this answers your question but you will ignore it because you it doesnt suit your agenda. You will continue to query what "saved" meant in an attenpt to provide it with a significance that simply does not exist.

Nonsense you said Boro were honest.

Well then Honest Boro claim to have saved the club, it is not me using anything, its right there on the website i quoted, they do not mention anything about new clubs or old clubs, stop making stuff up.

By using the term "reformed 1986" they are honestly explaining their history. Its not hard to understand.

"Saved" has no legal meaning here.

No, due to the fact that the club was the same it was saved despite going through a liquidation event and being run by a newco.

This has happened with Luton, this happened with Rotherham and what do you think is about to happen with Coventry?

Incorrect.

The clubs werent "saved" after liquidation. That is impossible. They were replaced.

I am quoting the honest Boro website.

Saves the club

Honest Middlesbrough lay claim to all of their History and nobody disputes it.

And once again ill explain it for you.

They claim their history by association

Thats what the "reformed 1986" part means.

No, due to the fact that the club was the same it was saved despite going through a liquidation event and being run by a newco.

This has happened with Luton, this happened with Rotherham and what do you think is about to happen with Coventry?

When were Rotherham liquidated?

And Luton got. CVA =paid their debts.

and yet are still credited with all their history which nobody disputes and lets not forget honest Boro claim saved

By using the term "reformed" they are honestly claiming history by association only. How can anyone dispute that?

And lets not forget that "saved" has no legal meaning

Archived