True Detective

Quentin Taranbino

The thing that's beginning to annoy me is the indecipherable mumbling dialogue. Had to turn the volume up almost to the max today and still couldn't make out half if it. Can see me resorting to bloody subtitles!!
Not had that problem thankfully, although my AV surround set-up has probably helped.

8 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

The jumping around in time is a bit confusing.

My sister in law has been moaning about that but thought it was just her being dim. 

Are people struggling? In what sense? Not sure what period a particular scene is in?

I’m not having a problem. In each “timeframe” everyone has a fairly distinctive enough look I’d say. 

My sister in law has been moaning about that but thought it was just her being dim. 
Are people struggling? In what sense? Not sure what period a particular scene is in?
I’m not having a problem. In each “timeframe” everyone has a fairly distinctive enough look I’d say. 
Agree with this. Not had any trouble either tbh.

21 hours ago, Christophe said:

Agree with that.

The difficult bit to some extent is remembering where the plot is at, particularly in the middle period. Finding it needs a fair bit of concentration (probably an age thing), but most good dramas are worth the effort.

Im upto episode 3, There's definitely a lot of mumbling involved, I've had to use the subtitles, even they get some of it wrong!

The moving about in time is ok, took me a while to realise the 'middle' Roland though!

Good start to this, really not sure where it's heading and if they'll actually find out what happens to the girl?! Surely!

On 05/02/2019 at 21:58, Swami said:

I hope to f**k that it doesn’t have anything to do with his wife, as is being strongly hinted at. That would be very shite indeed, might as well just make it rednecks again. 

Are you referring to(will put it in spoilers just in case anyone that hasn't seen episode 5 is reading this)

Spoiler

The letter received by the police saying "children shud laugh"?

As I was only half paying attention and initially thought it was wife that said it, rather than her repeating what the mother had said when she visited, which makes it likely to have been the girl(Julie) that sent it (if I'm the only one that thought that, ignore me :lol:)

Unless there's something else big that I'm missing(which is more than likely)

Edited by alang1993

Yes, I read it as alang1993’s take. Don’t think it was suggesting Wayne’s wife dropping the line in the book was nefarious.

I wonder what they did to the uncle and why the aftermath made for a 25-year fall out. The three timelines make for very intriguing plot developments, I’m really enjoying this. 

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say this is as good as the 1st Season and makes me consider going back and retrying the 2nd which I never finished, as it just didn't compare!!!
Maybe the gap and this one would give me a fresh perspective on it!!!

2 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say this is as good as the 1st Season and makes me consider going back and retrying the 2nd which I never finished, as it just didn't compare!!!
Maybe the gap and this one would give me a fresh perspective on it!!!

It’s certainly every bit as intriguing as 1, I feel like it’s going to live or die on the pay-off though, really hope it’s worth the build. 2 can suck a massive dick though, no way I’m slogging through that mess again!

Edited by Christophe

• 2 weeks later...